• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
sp0rsk said:
HAHA

BTW for those wondering, I found out today's banned soldier was also some other guys second account, so bye bye forever!

who is it
it is a friend of mine
who is it
is it my brother ?

MJ for Brawl ! Tee-hee !

Capndrake

nli10 said:
isn't that just a placeholder for last possible release date in this financial year? No idea what day USA get games...
Apparently they also sent out emails notifying people who preordered the game that it's been delayed.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
GameStop still lists SSBB for Feb. 10. I call BS on Wal-Mart.

[edit] Best Buy, Circuit City and TRU all concur with GS. Wal-Mart is frakking with us.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
If this is delayed again, I'll...I'll...well, I'll be very displeased.

However, I don't consider Wal-Mart a beacon of knowledge. Until the date on the Smash site changes, it hasn't been delayed.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Some guy on smash boards says his local Gamestop is saying the release date is now March 28th as well...

OMG this better not happen. I don't want to freak out about something that might not even be real, but.... ...... ........................... >_<!!!!

MrCheez

If the US version somehow gets delayed again and the Japanese version is still coming out on January 24th... I might break down and buy a japanese copy and a japanese wii.

I honestly don't think I can wait any longer than February 10th. :( (Yes I know I have a problem)

koam

It would have been better if once you get the item, you glow for a few seconds and during that time, anyone you beat up gains power.

Zeed

Banned
MrCheez said:
Some guy on smash boards says his local Gamestop is saying the release date is now March 28th as well...
That doesn't sound very credible. I'll panic when Sakurai tells me to panic.

MrCheez

Zeed said:
That doesn't sound very credible. I'll panic when Sakurai tells me to panic.

It isn't, I'm just going into paranoid mode because this is like my worst nightmare :O

But yeah, it's probably way too early to panic. Wal Mart sending off an email about the date changing is really concerning and scary... but hey, it's Wal Mart. Might not mean anything..

Akinola

layzie1989 said:
If they delay this game again I am gonna SUMMON TENGEN TOPPA GURREN-LAGANN

corrected for relevance and awesome

they've had so long...
when this game comes out, it neeeeeed to ooze perfection and dedication.

Metal B

papercut said:
They can delay this game for as long as they want if it's to ensure that the game is perfect.

duke-nukem-forever-boxart.jpg

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Okay!! I just called a GameStop and a Babbage's (owned by GameStop now) in my area and they both still list a street date of Feb. 10. But I called a local Wal-Mart and it does indeed have March 28th in its computers. I don't know what to think but I'm still leaning towards Wal-Mart setting a conservative placeholder date in their computers, which they'll move up when it's closer to Feb. 10.

[edit] A local Best Buy says Feb. 10 as well. I think it's safe to put down the cyanide pills, guys.

careksims

papercut said:
They can delay this game for as long as they want if it's to ensure that the game is perfect.

Awwww hell no! It's heartbreaking as it is. Until I hear it from Sak's or Reggie's mouth, the game is not delayed.

Firestorm

LukeSmith said:
Have they detailed the way the Map Creator and sharing system works yet beyond the basic "you can create maps and share them?"

They'll have a featured map that you can download every day and it disappears after that day. Featured map is collected by all the stages sent to Nintendo on the previous day (you can submit 1 per day). You can also send stages to friends through WiFi Connection or on SD Cards.

Firestorm said:
They'll have a featured map that you can download every day and it disappears after that day. Featured map is collected by all the stages sent to Nintendo on the previous day (you can submit 1 per day). You can also send stages to friends through WiFi Connection or on SD Cards.
I keep forgetting just how much stuff this game is going to have. Boy I hope there's no more delay. :/

LukeSmith

Firestorm said:

That is going to be an incredibly thick pipeline of user created content to cull through to prevent folks from having Link and Mario fight on a giant dong. Daily maps are cool, I wish there was a way I could keep it on my Wii.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
A delay would be hilarious...Nintedo's HQ would be raided, people will run raving mad into the streets, rivers would run red, Coke and Pepsi would merge, Britney Spears would actually stay in rehab.

It would be chaos.

methodman

Banned
LukeSmith said:
That is going to be an incredibly thick pipeline of user created content to cull through to prevent folks from having Link and Mario fight on a giant dong. Daily maps are cool, I wish there was a way I could keep it on my Wii.

Take a picture while playing (or can you do that online)? Maybe with your camera phone and just remake the map lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
LukeSmith said:

I think you CAN keep the map if you want. He meant the map will disappear from Nintendo's servers as the next day's map takes its place, if I remember the update correctly.

[edit] Never mind, yeah, they want the map to "vanish" after one day. How stupid:

Sakurai said:
DUN DUN DUNNNNNN! That’s the shocking truth. This means you’ll be able to experience a new stage every day—the flavor of the day, if you will. However, the plan is for that stage to vanish once one day has passed. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime encounter.

Another major delay would be for a reason, I'm sure. The game should be pretty much complete by now, so something must have come up (maybe the adding of something/someone).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AceBandage said:
Another major delay would be for a reason, I'm sure. The game should be pretty much complete by now, so something must have come up (maybe the adding of something/someone).

They arent gonna be adding characters this late into the development cycle. If it gets delayed it probably to either get the game to run a 60 fps at all times or because of online.

HK-47 said:
They arent gonna be adding characters this late into the development cycle. If it gets delayed it probably to either get the game to run a 60 fps at all times or because of online.

Don't kill my KOS-MOS dream, bro.
:(

TreIII

I don't believe any thing has been said on the Japanese front that there will be a delay.

So, I would think that, unless the JP version is also standing to get delayed some how, there's not much reason to believe that the US version will.

Zeed

Banned
I like KOS-MOS' design even if I wasn't too hot on her games. I would approve of her as a character, but it's unlikely. Nintendo did buy the dev, but they don't own the IP.

M3wThr33

Banned
Just so I can get these out before I leave for Xmas.

I have 4 Smashing....Live! CDs left. (Orchestrated SSBM music)
PM me for a Paypal address. $5 gets you it, still in the pristine paper sleeve.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
M3wThr33 said:
Just so I can get these out before I leave for Xmas.

I have 4 Smashing....Live! CDs left. (Orchestrated SSBM music)
PM me for a Paypal address. $5 gets you it, still in the pristine paper sleeve.

Those CDs are terrible, amigo. :/

Dirtbag

methodman said:
Take a picture while playing (or can you do that online)? Maybe with your camera phone and just remake the map lol

Jesus, you Nintendo fans really are new to this whole online gaming thing. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom