• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gekkonidae said:
kirby_071220g.jpg
Reminds me of the Wheel ability in Kirby Super Star.

GhaleonQ

kirby_071220i-l.jpg

Just throwing this out there for bad future updates. Disgusted Yoshi Kirby ("Blech!") + sad Animal Crossing guy + straight tongue for text insertion = alternative to sad Electrode

RagnarokX said:
It's Dedede's version of inhale, basically the same without the copy powers. Maybe he can spit opponents really far?
Yeah, there was speculation on this before, but it's definitely an unrevealed move. It's good to see confirmation.

GhaleonQ

Sciz said:
I will cry if Snake Kirby isn't in the next major Kirby title.

...*sigh* What will that be, anyway? Kirby Ultimate Super Star is just a remake and the Gamecube-Wii Kirby is officially cancelled...

Stage On said:
That's it sigh I hate old information. I mean who cares what Kirby is going to look like when he sucks in one of the new characters, since we know what copied move would are anyhow.

It's lame becuse anybody who can draw could basically draw what Kirby would look like after sucking one of the other characters in and get it reasonably right anyhow.
Oh shut up.

scottnak

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiirby!!!! Whooooooooooooo!!
Man, this makes me feel so much better after the journeyman finale... (it still hurts... :'( )

Snake Kirby :lol

GhaleonQ said:
...*sigh* What will that be, anyway? Kirby Ultimate Super Star is just a remake and the Gamecube-Wii Kirby is officially cancelled...
Kirby still sells very well. There's no way the series will be on hold for long.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GhaleonQ said:

Kirby Wii was never cancelled...it was on one of the recent upcoming release lists from one of the expos a few months back

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
GhaleonQ said:

It was officially canceled? I thought it was just in indefinite limbo. :(

Edit: Okay, never mind then.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
YES I knew they would give Snake Kirby a beard :lol

kirby_071220f-l.jpg

Dedede neutral B inhale ability confirmed!

Edit: Damn, incredibly late!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I was hoping Wario Kirby would be something like this, which we discussed like around post 300 in this thread:

killitwithfire.jpg

MisterHero

OH SAKURAI

kirby kirby kirby
is a name you should know
kirby kirby kirby
is the star of the show

hes more than you think
hes got maximum pink
kirby kirby kirbys the one

HE THROWS IT RIIIIIIGHT BACK AT YA
HE THROWS IT RIIIIIIGHT BACK AT YA

something i forget
something i forget
something i forgot

why hello there king dedede
i need a monster to clobber that there kirby
thats what we do best at NME

kirby kirby kirby
SAVIN THE DAAAAY
kirby kirby kirby
HES HERE TO STAY

dont be fooled by his size
you wont believe your eyes

KIRBY
kirby
KIIIIIIIIRBYYYYYYY

KIRBY
kirby kirby kirby's the oneeeee!!!!!

right back at ya!

Stage On

Osaka said:
No matter how lame you think it is, it's still not old information, smart boy.

Um we've know Kirby can inhale this way since the orgianl game. Other then knowing how he looks with a couple new character which barely qualfiys as "news" this update is ancient since it's easy as hell to predict what Kirby will look like when he inhales sombody.

I've seen fan done Zero suit samus and Snake that were pretty much right on the money. So the others wouldn't have been that hard to guess at all.

Behold Sonic Kirby
Sonickirby.jpg

See it's a piece of cake. He won't be exactly like that but I'll bet dollars to donuts he'll be darn close

Jiggy

Jiggy's ranking of the special moves updates:
Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon change only > Pokemon Trainer > King Dedede > Snake > Meta Knight > Wario > Zero Suit Samus > Diddy Kong > Sonic > Lucas > Ike > Pit > Mario > Kirby's Inhale only > Link > Fox

Kirby's Inhale isn't very high up there in terms of providing good information and he's only showing off one move, so I really can't put this too high, but these screenshots are better than all of the other special moves updates combined and the ranking doesn't really reflect that. Whatever the case, I love this update. :D

GhaleonQ said:
Kirby Ultimate Super Star is just a remake
A remake of the greatest sidescroller Nintendo ever turned out, and the forerunner to Smash. :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
GaimeGuy said:
I was hoping Wario Kirby would be something like this, which we discussed like around post 300 in this thread:

killitwithfire.jpg

:lol Yeah Kirby should have rocked that mustache.

Other then knowing how he looks with a couple new character which barely qualfiys as "news" this update is ancient since it's easy as hell to predict what Kirby will look like when he inhales sombody.
It's not getting the prediction right that's gold, it's actually seeing the awesomeness that does it.

HK-47 said:
Kirby Wii was never cancelled...it was on one of the recent upcoming release lists from one of the expos a few months back
No, it's definitely canceled.

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=11229

In Nintendo's official UK magazine, a question was asked by a reader if a Kirby game was in development for the Wii. The official response was: "There are no plans right now for a Kirby game on Wii but there are plenty of Kirby fans out there, so in the meantime look out for Kirby in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl which will be released in 2008."

GhaleonQ

HK-47 said:

I seem to remember that one Nintendo website that may or may not be banned here (I should really pay attention to forum rules) posting something from the Official Nintendo Magazine.

As much as I detest Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_(Wii)

Edit: BAH!

Jiggy

-Special move updates hit 16 today. As far as landmark achievements go, this one is pretty good but not particularly amazing, but at least it passed assist trophies.

-Another one disappears from sight: the revealed characters without special move updates dwindle to Pikachu, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, and the Ice Climbers. Of course, I should note that Pokemon Trainer got two special moves updates, so it's possible that Kirby might get another one for the rest of his moveset at some point..

-Kirby joins Mario as they hit 13 updates a piece. Their competition isn't helping them approach Pokemon and its monolithic 16, though. >_>

-For 40 days have we gone without a character profile, our hope and perseverance sustained only by the strength of one another. 25 days of updates until the Japanese release date, however!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom