• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, so that's the clincher at the moment isn't it? All the titles were from past bundles.

EDIT:

Hmm... Dare I risk it? Especially since it's this close to Steam sales.

I think the mention of Black Flag is a mistake as it's not listed in the Steam section of the site.

Hasney

20 keys on order. It's like Christmas! All that expectation, then you remember you're from a poor family and all the gave you for Christmas was Bad Rats, but you love them anyway.

I think the mention of Black Flag is a mistake as it's not listed in the Steam section of the site.

Mistake... Blatant lie... It's all the same.

Copons

WOOOOOOOOO

I was refreshing JakeD giveaway like a crazy hobo and BAM! I won Rogue Legacy over 67 other cheapass GAFfers!!

Now my decision to ditch Rogue Legacy (and ETS2 :'( ) during the first day of Humble sale got much much more pleasant! :D

Thank you very much JakeD, I'll make good use of this key!

derExperte

IMO, I haven't played a good racer ever since Need for Speed Underground 2.

U2 wasn't even very good, everything was worse than in U1. What racers have you played? Burnout Paradise I hope. Hot Pursuit 2010? Pure? Split/Second? Blur? Dirt? Grid? Oh yeah, Sonic All Stars Racing!

Milamber

WOOOOOOOOO

I was refreshing JakeD giveaway like a crazy hobo and BAM! I won Rogue Legacy over 67 other cheapass GAFfers!!

Now my decision to ditch Rogue Legacy (and ETS2 :'( ) during the first day of Humble sale got much much more pleasant! :D

qI0yjP9.gif

U2 wasn't even very good, everything was worse than in U1. What racers have you played? Burnout Paradise I hope. Hot Pursuit 2010? Pure? Split/Second? Blur? Dirt? Grid?

I played both NfS:U1 and 2 and enjoyed both. Burnout Paradise did scratch that itch but not enough. Got Hot Pursuit too but it felt boring and empty. So is Pure. Grid kinda bored me. And Split/Second and Blur has evaded me. Maybe someday.

is the payday 1 wolfpack dlc any good? i bought the game for $3.50 for fuck if i know the reason, already had it free on ps+. i swear the multiplatform games i get off there are just like extended demos for me to buy on pc if they are any good. but yeah is that wolfpack any good for 2.50 before it comes off the sale at noon?

JakeD

WOOOOOOOOO

no problem, have fun and let me know if the humble link works okay

Hasney

HASNEY'S FAVE FIVE STEAM RACING GAMES

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Ridge Racer Unbounded
3. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
4. FlatOut 2 (Or Ultimate Carnage... I can't remember which one was better)
5. SHIFT 2 Unleashed

GRiD and DiRT fail the list due to GFWL. I still would have included GRiD if the multiplayer was still up. The destruction derby races were far too fun.

Dec

I played a lot of the first game, like 4+ hours of the one with Da vinci and a few hours of the Vita Assassin's Creed game and have come to the conclusion every time (these are like 2 years apart each try) that I just don't like those games.

I'm not sure I can even point out what I dislike since I haven't tried one in over a year, I just remember finding them really boring.

WOOOOOOOOO

Want to trade it for Rage. ;)

PriitV

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Ridge Racer Unbounded
5. SHIFT 2 Unleashed

GRiD and DiRT fail the list due to GFWL. I still would have included GRiD if the multiplayer was still up. The destruction derby races were far too fun.

Grid didn't have GFWL FYI

Divius

1. Burnout Paradise
2. Ridge Racer Unbounded
5. SHIFT 2 Unleashed

No NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED?
edit: oh, not on steam. wtf steam.

derExperte

is the payday 1 wolfpack dlc any good?

You can level up further (farther?) and host the new heists instead of being only able play them by joining others. I say it's absolutely worth it for everyone who plays a lot of P1 but if you're not going to do that Wolfpack is almost useless. Okay, you get another class with perls like the sentry but they're not essential.

Hasney

Grid didn't have GFWL FYI

Ah gotchya. Still, the MP is unfortunately gone. I'd still be playing some more destruction races if it was up as I still fire up my 360 for the occasional game.

No NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED?
edit: oh, not on steam. wtf steam.

Yeah, that was after EA's little falling out with them. Hot Pursuit would probably be my number 6, but it's not got the fun crashes like Burnout/Most Wanted.

Some keys from http://randomgamekeys.eu/
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Electronic Super Joy Steam Key -- MB-2BC46D4C1C583E9F - Taken by Cody_D165
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-82C3045D176E5EE2 - Taken by Sarcasm
Dead Space -- MB-FDFC4463832FEBD8 - Taken by Ingueferroque
Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North Valhala Edition -- MB-8CD5A856A7D70852 - Taken by Hasney

so RSK is basically 99% good games from $1 bundles

what a great scam to pull. cherry pick the best games from $1 bundles, sell them for more than $1 each. sprinkle a $5 title here and there.

Depends on if you want proper controller support or not.
I don't mind about full controller support as I'm sure my 360 pad will work well enough on the PC. I'm just wondering if the HD remake looks better/has any additional features.

The PS3 version is on sale right now for $2.5 on the US store (if you have Plus), but I‘m guessing you don‘t have a PS3 right? :(

I already own it on the 360 and I'm sure it will be on sale on the PC soon enough. I'm just trying to work out if I should wait for the PC version or start the 360 version (after finishing Pikmin, TW101 and Phoenix Wright).

Well, I always choose the PC version if there is one available, so here you go. :)
I haven't played Beyond Good and Evil still.

I also usually go for the PC version wherever possible but the fact that the HD remake is console only has put me in two minds. I don't know how much better the HD remake is.

Arthea

Thanks Hasney for Oil Rush
although something went wrong, I got not a key but modbot code. Any way to rectify that?
Or may be not, not sure what I got, it's 16 numbers, so can't be a key, or a key with mistake in it

Why can't I access randomgamekeys.eu? Do they block certain regions?

They most certainly do, I couldn't get on it even once.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I don't mind about full controller support as I'm sure my 360 pad will work well enough on the PC. I'm just wondering if the HD remake looks better/has any additional features.

I already own it on the 360 and I'm sure it will be on sale on the PC soon enough. I'm just trying to work out if I should wait for the PC version or start the 360 version (after finishing Pikmin, TW101 and Phoenix Wright).

I also usually go for the PC version wherever possible but the fact that the HD remake is console only has put me in two minds. I don't know how much better the HD remake is.

Well the thing is I believe there is no Beyond Good and Evil HD version for pc as the original version could always be HD. Also controller support in the og Beyond and Good Evil not really a 360 controller compatible game I believe. HD version also doesn't have any additional features, additional textures but I could be wrong.

So if you want controller support just play it on 360 or if you really want a PC version then play it with M/KB?

MNC

Testing out these sick Moderation Robots yo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-537E52DEF0F63B16 - Taken by MKUltra

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well the thing is I believe there is no Beyond Good and Evil HD version for pc as the original version could always be HD. Also controller support in the og Beyond and Good Evil not really a 360 controller compatible game I believe. HD version also doesn't have any additional features, additional textures but I could be wrong.

So if you want controller support just play it on 360 or if you really want a PC version then play it with M/KB?

The game doesn't support widescreen resolutions internally either, it would just stretch watever it renders, which funnily enough is a 16:9.6 game with black borders all around.. Last time I checked, there was no way to fix it, but according to thePc Gaming Wiki page, there's a .DLL injector that fixes it.

There's also a bunch more issues with the game, like flashing textures, stuttering fps and desyncing audio, but according to the PcGamingWiki page, they're all fixable.

I never bought the PC version because of those issues and, like poopninja, I already have the 360 version.

Hasney

Here's what I came out with after all the waiting:

1.System Shock 2
2.Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
3.Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
4.The 39 Steps
5.Grid 2 Steam Key
6.Garshasp: Temple of the Dragon
7.Dollar Dash Steam
8.Electronic Super Joy
9.Huntsman The Oprhenage (Haloween edition)
10. Slam bolt Scrappers
11. Mirror’s Edge
12. Patrician IV Steam Special Edition
Patrician Rise of the Dinasty DLC
13. Dead Space
14. Pirates of Black Cove Gold
15. Death to spies Gold Steam Key
16. Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY
17. Fairy Bloom Freesia
18.Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 – Uprising
19.WWIII: Black Gold
20.East India Company Gold

Need to go assess what I have and haven't got and then setup a new giveaway. Happy with GRiD 2 as I haven't got/played that yet.

JakeD

as someone who bought the indiegala dirt bundle when it first started, how does happy hour work for me? if i BTA again i get like 3 gifts to give out or something right?

Hasney

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Patrician Rise of the Dinasty DLC -- MB-9D7E3B08B9D4949F - Taken by Arthea
Mirrors Edge -- MB-B1F7DA63013CAD40
Patrician IV Steam Special Edition -- MB-E288A0782CA34229
System Shock 2 -- MB-BD258F300A7BF4B4
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-D86C6E158EDB8948
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Steam Key -- MB-2BF47FBF4BD39D53

t1384872003z1.png

Only these few dupes, not a bad haul all in all.

Jawmuncher

I personally rolled pretty bad on random steam keys. Didn't get anything good at all that I didn't already have. Took Lucius since I didn't have it and gave Medal of Honor to my dad.

Have fun with the rest GAF
(King's bounty has cards BTW)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North Valhala Edition Steam Key -- MB-63E03483BFDD7961 - Taken by MMBosstones86
Dear Esther -- MB-38FB896C6A3A0BD7 - Taken by vvise
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Steam Key -- MB-B79FF2B14AA4EEA6 - Taken by Vazduh

drizzle

Axel Hertz
as someone who bought the indiegala dirt bundle when it first started, how does happy hour work for me? if i BTA again i get like 3 gifts to give out or something right?

You need to make a new GIFT purchase.

You will then receive 3 gifts. The one you bought plus 2 extra ones for buying the bundle early.

I think that if you bought it on the first week you get 4 gift links - or at least you used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom