• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

The hell happened with the Racing Transformed giveaway? I got a MP saying that I won it, I add it on Steam and says that was already used, and then I check and see that the guy nuked it without asking me (I don't know if that really happened, I won't acuse anybody).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Oh why did you have to post that qt. I'm at work and now I need to look up more of her. Dang it.

Now I'm sitting here on a Monday morning masturbating in front of my boss.

I mean, that's a Monday afternoon team-building exercise. My whole day is out of whack now.

JakeD

The hell happened with the Racing Transformed giveaway? I got a MP saying that I won it, I add it on Steam and says that was already used, and then I check and see that the guy nuked it without asking me (I don't know if that really happened, I won't acuse anybody).

i noticed this, it seems for whatever reason modbot chose 2 winners for that game. seems like a bug, sorry about that

The game doesn't support widescreen resolutions internally either, it would just stretch watever it renders, which funnily enough is a 16:9.6 game with black borders all around.. Last time I checked, there was no way to fix it, but according to thePc Gaming Wiki page, there's a .DLL injector that fixes it.

There's also a bunch more issues with the game, like flashing textures, stuttering fps and desyncing audio, but according to the PcGamingWiki page, they're all fixable.

I never bought the PC version because of those issues and, like poopninja, I already have the 360 version.

Ok I've decided that if I see the PC version for a low price before I'm ready to play it, I'll buy it. Otherwise I'll load up the 360 version when I'm ready to play it. Thanks for all the replies.

wazoo

A few humble Bundle keys, nothing very original

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-56B7F3AB3673F17E - Taken by Berto
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-A605FFBEBC547865 - Taken by Atraveller
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-DB704EB0C16AC61F - Taken by The-Bean
FEAR 2 -- MB-12EA31D55BF29B49 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
FEAR 3 -- MB-A6215FCF4A9A0EB2 - Taken by AsylumX
FEAR -- MB-DAF54ACD4218C4ED - Taken by PriitV
War in the North -- MB-31C96CECC554D7E8 - Taken by Anteater

Tenrius

Jumped the ship on this random key thing as well. How long does the processing take? Anyway, I expect to own at least a couple of those five games I'm going to get, so watch out for a ModBot giveaway!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jumped the ship on this random key thing as well. How long does the processing take? Anyway, I expect to own at least a couple of those five games I'm going to get, so watch out for a ModBot giveaway!

My order sat idle for around 4.5 hours, but time differences may have played a part in that.

I need to be Steam friends with JaseC so I don't feel as bad about owning so many Steam games.

One should never feel bad about their game count! Unless it's low. :p

Tenrius

It took like 30ish minutes maybe?

My order sat idle for around 4.5 hours, but time differences may have played a part in that.

Oh, okay. It's just that I have an overnight train to catch in two hours, would be nice to get it before then.

I actually wonder just how it works. Most of the keys seem to come from bundles, and the others are probably just retail keys.

EDIT: Oh, it's already there! Took like 10 minutes. Here's what I got:

Section 8 Steam Key Steam
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition Steam
Reaxxion Steam
The 39 Steps Steam
Star Wolves 3: Civil War Steam

Kind of bad lol.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-0934D478EFB8A12E - Taken by Barzul

Hasney

ModBot is on the fritz fo shizz. There's 2 winners of the FEZ key as I got 2 receipts (One from ModBot and one from ModBot 3), so apologies to the person who goes to redeem it second.

Jawmuncher

That could be said about so many things in life. But the true question is... Hoy many games in your library is considered low?

I remember when I started on Steam and the only game I had was literally Team Fortress 2 because it was on sale for 2.50. That was back during my /v/ days though.
I didn't pick up Steam really until earlier this year when I started popping into the Steam OT. Then at first I was going to do the whole "Only games I absolutely want on steam" but the bundle keys that are one key for all the games ruined that so now I just throw everything into my steam account.

fantomena

I used 3 years.

0859132eb9.jpg

Tenrius

So yeah, these are the random keys for the games I already owned. I actually really like The 39 Steps and Star Wolves.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-F4519A6B3FC101E0 - Taken by Firehead
Reaxxion -- MB-37CB675EB4D3B33B - Taken by drizzle
The 39 Steps -- MB-905EA86B3BABA0F1 - Taken by Volcynika

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But the next thursday IS the 21st.

Lingual peculiarities. ;) If I were referring to the Thursday of this week, I'd say "this Thursday" (or "this past Thursday" if it were two or more days ago); "next Thursday" refers to the Thursday of the following week.

Joe Molotov

One should never feel bad about their game count! Unless it's low. :p

Is your game count limp and drooping? Is your significant other complaining about your lack of Steam in the bedroom? You may be suffering from Low Steamtosterone. Visit Dr. Jase at the Hillary Ronan Clinton Steam Clinic. One short office visit can put the spark back in your OCD collecting habits. Call today for a free consultation (and complimentary Football Manager 2009).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom