• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Lingual peculiarities. ;) If I were referring to the Thursday of this week, I'd say "this Thursday" (or "this past Thursday" if it were two or more days ago); "next Thursday" refers to the Thursday of the following week.

That also exists in my language, but.. it's just wrong.

This thursday IS the next thursday.

So yeah, these are the random keys for the games I already owned. I actually really like The 39 Steps and Star Wolves.

Also, thanks for Reaxxion!

okayfrog

Banned
Has Thirty Flights of Loving ever been a part of some indie bundle? Game looks interesting, but doesn't seem like it'd be worth it for $5 or even $2.50.

Milamber

euro truck simulator 2 is $8 on greenmangaming right now, 20% off code GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7 works to make it $6.80

Hey Copons!

eHbS2XI.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is your game count limp and drooping? Is your significant other complaining about your lack of Steam in the bedroom? You may be suffering from Low Steamtosterone. Visit Dr. Jase at the Hillary Ronan Clinton Steam Clinic. One short office visit can put the spark back in your OCD collecting habits. Call today for a free consultation (and complimentary Football Manager 2009).

I think you're on to something!

AsylumX

I'd draw the separating line at 500.

Wow... That's way higher than I expected. So using your logic: 501 - 1000 average, 1001 - 2000 high, 2000+ JaseC ...

I remember when I started on Steam and the only game I had was literally Team Fortress 2 because it was on sale for 2.50. That was back during my /v/ days though.
I didn't pick up Steam really until earlier this year when I started popping into the Steam OT. Then at first I was going to do the whole "Only games I absolutely want on steam" but the bundle keys that are one key for all the games ruined that so now I just throw everything into my steam account.

I assume that this happens to everyone at a certain point. I'm just curious about what number each of us considers to be low...

Edit: Sorry for the misspellings and shit. It's hard to post from my phone

JaseC

That also exists in my language, but.. it's just wrong.

This thursday IS the next thursday.

Technically true, but the phrasing of "This [day]/This past [day]/Next [day]" is understood and accepted as people refer to the current week as "this week".

Wow... That's way higher than I expected. So using your logic: 501 - 1000 average, 1001 - 2000 high, 2000+ JaseC ...

Well, there are over 2000 games on Steam, so I figured somewhere around the lower 20% ballpark was a fair cut off point.

I think Xelios came before.

Yeah, he hit 2k months ago. Valis, too, but he rarely posts in the thread.

JaseC

I think Xel still has the most Steam games of any fellow GAFfer, but his addiction to Final Fantasy XIV is distressing, though.

Yeah, he's edged ahead of Valis. Those two have been neck-and-neck for a long time now:

Xelios:
2,146 games owned

Valis:
2,125 games owned

sounds hodd good kluck getting iet. ganonna go pass outr now too much pain

Cheers. :) Hopefully you make it to bed and don't pass out mid-trip. ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot is on the fritz fo shizz. There's 2 winners of the FEZ key as I got 2 receipts (One from ModBot and one from ModBot 3), so apologies to the person who goes to redeem it second.

Yeah again ModBot doesn't hold up super well during times where GAF's servers are eating shit. It has code to deal with errors but GAF errors in unpredictable and random ways. I am constantly trying to improve it to prevent this stuff, but again all I can do is point to GAF's servers as a whole for an explanation of the unpredictable behaviour sometimes. There's obviously still a race condition type thing possible somewhere at some point.

Yeah again ModBot doesn't hold up super well during times where GAF's servers are eating shit. It has code to deal with errors but GAF errors in unpredictable and random ways. I am constantly trying to improve it to prevent this stuff, but again all I can do is point to GAF's servers as a whole for an explanation of the unpredictable behaviour sometimes. There's obviously still a race condition type thing possible somewhere at some point.

Maybe his batteries are low?

Tenrius

By the way, Stump, my latest PM from ModBot was missing a ]:

Instructions for Tenrius:[/highlight
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you past.

A few humble Bundle keys, nothing very original
Thanks for FEAR 2.

Since it isn't director's cut, I'll mention it here, but I beat Deus Ex Human Revolution yesterday. Ooooooh man, it's probably my game of the generation. I cheesed the endings achievement though. I'm not sure if I want to replay for the pacifist and undetected achievements or move on to the original, which I've never beaten.

The_Monk

He should close this one with one of his classic one-liners.

Yes but this time in a polite manner! (Not going to happen) But to be honest I found it funny when Modbot closed one thread saying that it was not a livejournal/get a live journal to someone who was going to be on a media blackout for no reason.

Copons

Oh, my dear SteamGAF friends, as I just opened my first thread and I'm involved in the project I'm talking about, I'd really like to point you there: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=718238

Basically several Italian indie musicians (and me...) contributed to a compilation of videogames themes covers called Parallax & Shaders, that since this morning (GMT-Correctly-Driving-Europe) is out on free download on Bandcamp.

Well, I don't want to repeat myself, but I'd really appreciate if someone of you will give a listen to it! :)

Also, I swear to god this is the first and list time I'm gonna spam it - ever, because Stumpo seems totally a nice guy but you never know. :D

JaseC

Yes but this time in a polite manner! (Not going to happen) But to be honest I found it funny when Modbot closed one thread saying that it was not a livejournal/get a live journal to someone who was going to be on a media blackout for no reason.

His name's ModBot, not MonkBot. :p

Rand6

Cheers. Looks like I'll find out anyway as I got it in my random keys dealie. Keeping that and 'A Virus Named TOM' so you guys get the rest!

EDIT: Just noticed Oil Rush didn't show up. Key is in a weird format with no dashes so I'll give it another shot later.

Thank you so much for Hitman! (23 923MB? I need to to clear space on my laptop's Hard Drive lol)

JaseC

I'm several hours late here, but Cloudberry Kingdom is 40% off ($5.98) over at GamersGate. I can buy it using most of my remaining Blue Coins! Woo, free game!

Also, I don't know about you guys, but this junior seems pretty cool to me.

Edit: Oops, forgot the link. Fixed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Could any mod use modbot to respond to posts? I always thought it sounds like duckroll behind some of those oneliners.

One of ModBot's functions is to help moderators moderate. All moderators can use ModBot's moderation tools. Those tools include being able to respond while locking a thread, so you can surmise that if someone locks a thread using ModBot it could be anyone on the staff. No one other than me has direct access to the account or the login password for the account.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm pretty happy with my 1,334 games.

I still have 41 games to extract cards from
to buy more games!

Saty

Anyone had issues playing Zen Bound 2? I launch it, pick Tree of Introduction, click on the tag and play but the screen remains black showing no signs of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom