• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

I wanna try Ridge Racer... I bought the RU version from a guy but it wouldn't play in my region. Thanks Steam store for not telling me ;_;

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition is 50% off until 1pm EST. I want to get it but the big sales are around the corner. Should I wait or is 50% off the best I can reasonably expect?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition is 50% off until 1pm EST. I want to get it but the big sales are around the corner. Should I wait or is 50% off the best I can reasonably expect?

When faced with these hard decisions, always take these two things into account:

75% discounts
Other Store prices

For instance: 50% discount on Mortal Kombat currently is NOT 75% discount. Things rarely go over 75% discount, but they usually get TO 75%.

Regarding the other store prices, http://isthereanydeal.com/ provides a history of all the sales on a game on most stores that provide a Steam Redeemable key, and MK was 10 dollars on GreenManGaming not long ago. Since we're so close to big sales (black friday and christmas), I'd say the chances of it getting as low as it ever was (or even more) are pretty high.

Worst case scenario, the game will be discounted as much as it is right now, so you lose nothing.

denx

Actually, Mortal Kombat 9 will be on sale for the next 26 hours. Daily Deals now last 48 hours remember?

Since we're this close to the Autumn sale, I'd say wait. There's a good chance MK9 will be cheaper then.

Arthea

I definitely will next time shit is annoying as hell.

Burnout Paradise is still available on this Giveaway
(I know everyone and there mom has this game but still)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90361028&postcount=18545

You are wrong about this one, my mom don't have it, also I can't get her on steam, she prefers DRM free games, so that's irrelevant, just thought I will ease your mind. :)

I wish Ridge Racer Unbound actually played like Ridge Racer.

wait... it doesn't?

JakeD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The 39 Steps -- MB-405B5DA230AE5771 - Taken by wetflame
Star Wolves 3 -- MB-5E33A453315C9F2A - Taken by Boss Doggie
Lucius -- MB-1E0ED55F52BE07B4 - Taken by Linkark07

Divius

Looks like I have 2 spare keys for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, would anybody be interested in them or are they probably never getting claimed if i send m to modbot?

Jawmuncher

You are wrong about this one, my mom don't have it, also I can't get her on steam, she prefers DRM free games, so that's irrelevant, just thought I will ease your mind. :)

Thank Goodness. I thought everyone owned it.Still she's pretty smart to prefer DRM free.
DRM free is the best.

Jawmuncher

Looks like I have 2 spare keys for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising, would anybody be interested in them or are they probably never getting claimed if i send m to modbot?

The Origin games are always the slowest to go.
Can't really say but usually SOMEONE ends up taking them

Anteater

Damn the dithering is terrible in Witcher 2, but otherwise it's a good looking game after desaturating the colors a bit using sweetfx. Also noticing a lot of weird pop-ins.

And my god the console review threads are kind of hilarious.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
JakeD, thank you for gifting The 39 Steps! I have been very intrigued about that game for a while from the descriptions I've heard of it, looking forward to trying it out. Very much appreciated!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for Sleeping dogs Jase, my luck is turning I guess :p

cheerful-female-athlete-enjoying-the-rain.gif

I remember that thread.

I helped JaseC to increase his backlog.

Game comes with a small notebook, an OST CD. They probably slapped them on to justify the price.

I hope JaseC enjoys not playing this game.

Thanks! I actually forgot about that, haha.

dw7m4ino.jpg

Divius

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-14CDF4D575924CFA - Taken by valouris
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising #2 -- MB-6D34A2F53E46BC93 - Taken by Kuroyume
:shrug:

The_Monk

I'm not at home and I can't check that random keys site good people but it seems to be legit correct? Also, does the chance to get a better game increases if you buy a couple of them for 5€ or you can also get a good game for 1€ meaning it's all random?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't think this has been posted in here, but amazing fanart:

575765_492090150904703_1146506204_n.png

I kinda want a Team Fortess 2 Hotline Miami item. AFAIK they never did that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not at home and I can't check that random keys site good people but it seems to be legit correct? Also, does the chance to get a better game increases if you buy a couple of them for 5€ or you can also get a good game for 1€ meaning it's all random?

Key allocation is supposedly random, but that's a little hard to believe since orders are manually processed.

Thanks JaseC for Brutal Legend.

Enjoy! I've actually been meaning to play through the PC version myself, but who knows when that'll happen.

For sending to modbot humble bundle keys, should I write

Game name - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ccccccccc

or Game name - cccccccccc

Slight confusing to me :(

Either will work.

The_Monk

Key allocation is supposedly random, but that's a little hard to believe since orders are manually processed.

Thanks for answering. It sure feels tempting but if it's a manual process I doubt they would give a good game for someone paying just 1€.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom