• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Nice try.
What nice try? Read the spoilers:

​​
- Bellamy wants to kill Luffy but Dellinger comes to finish Bellamy. Bellamy shocks.
​- Law vs. Doflamingo.
- ​Mugiwara crew hold a meeting through Den Den Mushi.
- The Marines identify Luffy and Zoro and start losing their memory about fighters.
- Doflamingo fires three shots at Law in front of ​Kinemon, Zoro, Luffy, Bastille and Fujitora. It seems that Law is dead.

Fanart depiction: http://image226.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20131119/10/5243082520131119105522065.jpg

Big One

Banned
Law isn't dead: this is ONE PIECE
Ok? I guess you're forgetting that the last few chapters have been a story about an entire nation getting slaughtered and taken over by Doflamingo. Characters in One Piece die all the time, and they never come back unless they were never truly killed in the first place. Also Dofla is much more powerful than pretty much any One Piece chasracter we've seen outside of the mega-powers of Whitebeard and Blackbeard, so it isn't out of the question he's able to kill Law.

789shadow

Banned
Ok? I guess you're forgetting that the last few chapters have been a story about an entire nation getting slaughtered and taken over by Doflamingo. Characters in One Piece die all the time, and they never come back unless they were never truly killed in the first place.
Do you even read? It's the present, so he's not dead. People never die outside of flashbacks.

Big One

Banned
The exceptions that prove the rule.
Now you're not even making sense. There's no restrictions or rules to how a manga like One Piece can take in terms of it's direction. In the end, it's whatever Oda wants to do whether we like it or not. There's never a set pattern. all of a sudden Kubo could get actual writing skills and write deep character development in Bleach. You never know when it comes to the direction of series, and nothing is out of the realm of impossibility especially something that's actually happened before in the past.

GG-Duo

Why are we using spoiler tags?

Anyway, Oda has been trying to be less predictable lately - but since we do not yet know the fate of Law's crew, I think he'll only be out of commission for a little bit.

This whole thing is probably a set-up so that when Luffy beats Doflamingo, we'll be very impressed by Luffy's post-training skills.

Wiseblade

One Piece spoilers

No way is anybody dying. Ace and Whitebeard are the exceptions that prove the rule because of all the hoops Oda went through to make sure people understood that they were dead. Every other chapter talked about the consequences if Whitebeard were to die in very ominous ways. Ace was given an actual health bar, just so there'd be no ambiguity about his passing.

And then there's Oda's SBS comment about disliking killing characters. We've seen examples since in Bon Clay, Vander Decken and Brownbeard that this is still the case. Even Ceasar Clown's death cloud wasn't immediately fatal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece spoilers

No way is anybody dying. Ace and Whitebeard are the exceptions that prove the rule because of all the hoops Oda went through to make sure people understood that they were dead. Every other chapter talked about the consequences if Whitebeard were to die in very ominous ways. Ace was given an actual health bar, just so there'd be no ambiguity about his passing.

And then there's Oda's SBS comment about disliking killing characters. We've seen examples since in Bon Clay, Vander Decken and Brownbeard that this is still the case. Even Ceasar Clown's death cloud wasn't immediately fatal.

If there was an important story reason to kill him off, I can see it happening. Other than that no. Oda doesn't kill people off just because, (this isn't the final Harry Potter book/movie) especially outside a flashback. If someone's gonna die, it'll be a fairly important plot point.

Nordicus

Oddman Eleven 11

xfXRWUz.jpg

Yup

Wiseblade

If there was an important story reason to kill him off, I can see it happening. Other than that no. Oda doesn't kill people off just because, (this isn't the final Harry Potter book/movie) especially outside a flashback. If someone's gonna die, it'll be a fairly important plot point.
The standard so far for "Important Story Reason" is "shatters the world's balance of power" or "deeply traumatic for Luffy with significant effect on the world's balance of power". Law's death is unlikely to meet either of these criteria, nor does it have the foreshadowing of either death.

The Flow: Stream 1-23
Interesting manga. The hierarchy system and racism is a fairly unique plot point. The unique animal powers make it seem like its sort of like Pokemon, Still fairly simplistic battle shounen plot outside of the racism. They took a rather long while to finally reveal that he had god powers.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Now you're not even making sense. There's no restrictions or rules to how a manga like One Piece can take in terms of it's direction. In the end, it's whatever Oda wants to do whether we like it or not. There's never a set pattern. all of a sudden Kubo could get actual writing skills and write deep character development in Bleach. You never know when it comes to the direction of series, and nothing is out of the realm of impossibility especially something that's actually happened before in the past.

Ahahahaha you just have to put this snippet in huh? Hahaha.

Anyways, true that it is possible that the character can die, but I don't believe he will bite the dust. Especially if, well, judging from your spoiler, it happens at the end part of the chapter? Nahhhh, that's typical Shounen-cliffhanger WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM NEXT style. Not even One Piece is immune to that.

Dear, Only You Don't Know! 1-32

I am pleasantly surprised by this manhwa. It's about 6 women/girls who hide something about their life from their lover, crush or people in general.

A wife who hides her gang boss life from her husband, a woman with noticeably below-average face who hides it with really good make-up, middle-schooler who lies about her age, a fujoshi who hides her hobby, a hostess (I think) who hides her past from a man who should probably recognize her but doesn't, and a... tsundere?

Okay, that last character's story is not incredibly interesting, but the boy who she has a crush on is a funny clumsy animal whisperer, so her chapters are fun to read regardless.

My favorite chapters are probably the ones with the hostess. Her history with the deliveryman has not been really elaborated on yet, but it's interesting to see her try and turn around this man's very low opinions on hostesses, he definitely has something of a grudge against them for one reason or another, but keeps these thoughts inside to be polite 90% of the time. Out of the 6 stories, this is probably the least comedic one.

I really recommend that you guys give this a read.
Great recommendation. Wanted to bump and say thanks!

smurfx

get some go again
i don't think law is dead at all. the law is dead part in the spoiler is probably the spoiler providers opinion. unless oda wrote that law is dead then assume he is not. hachi got shot up close just like law and lived and he isn't nearly as important.

IHaveIce

Banned
How are they idiots for dropping something with a good quality, timely, & legal release?

Because it costs money duh
Again I know reading is a hard thing to do, CrunchyRoll Mangas are not aviable everywhere.

Edit: the spoiler says "seems to be" nothing is final, noway that is gonna happen
clearly, given you ignored my post on how to get past it
Sorry indeed did my mobile not load all posts on the get go.
I actually have one extension installed on chrome that doesn't help and usually it helps with all other sites including unblocking youtube. :(

Will look out for another one

Soma

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 1-11

This is so cool. I can't believe I haven't checked this out yet.

Basically a dude with a fishbowl for a head is terrorizing a town by turning people into goldfish and a group of "Blood Divers" aim to stop him and assist the town however they can. They also wear school swimsuits as their uniforms because reasons. The plot is absurd enough to make this an extremely entertaining read and the unique artstyle compliments it very well. A lot of these panels are just oozing with style. This isn't quite a horror manga but nearly every scene featuring the Fishbowl Man is so damn unsettling.

Definitely one of the better manga I've read recently.

wonzo

Banned
Haganai 35
THE BEST

KINGS GAME

EVER!

I guess the very ending of this chapter is around where this series is supposed to finally collapse upon itself. I really hope this adaptation doesn't though as the art is just so good. :(

Mr. Fix

I could see Law dying- like WB (and I guess Ace? But that's more on Luffy), Law's role is to stir the pot. I mean, we'd have to see his flashback but who knows. It's also OP, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him not die. If he doesn't we should just pull a Beam and blame the editors.

Suen

Saint Seiya GAF, since the SS thread is pretty dead I'll ask you here: which is the better one, Lost Canvas or Next Dimension? How do they compare to each other? No spoilers please.

Shokugeki no Soma 48
BZb_pOuCMAAbmXR.png:large

Theres always that one great looking character in series that I like that always has that change of personality to make him appear crazy and intense, definitely Alice aide is pretty amazing to join my list of great soma characters. It was amazing. Pretty great chapter to read on this morning. Ibusaki too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom