• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

Ponn

Banned
Got my Pirate Ship Ambush and free Amazon Gund bear. Going to give the Gund Bear to my best friends 2year old kid for christmas, he will get a kick out of it. Nice, fluffy and bigger then I thought it would be. I'm giving his older kid the free Chima speedorz set I got awhile ago through Lego S@H. I still haven't put together my Bat vs. Bane set and now I have both Winter sets to do so I think i'm going to save the Pirate Ship for a backlog. Holy crap I never thought this would happen, I have an honest to goodness Lego backlog.

Anyways, moving on to adding to that backlog I did the math and I have a little over 90 I can spend at Lego S@H for Brickfriday. Barring any sales i'm thinking of going with the two winter polybags, the Turtle Lair, Shredder Bike and some pick a brick white pieces to add on to my christmas scene. I have that blue base plate I got so I want to make a lake scene with skaters and maybe a little hill for the two skiers in the Cottage set.

You can't go wrong with Lego. You just can't.

Yeah I forget that. LEGO is probably the only toy line where even if I don't like the sets it can always be used for building stuff. I don't really do too many MOCs but as my collection grows I want to more and more.

I have a lot of 90s parts and sets at my parents but have a gap of time where I missed out on a number of parts so I'm slowly building up on the new stuff as well as parts that I never grew up with.

ghostmind

SLgy9z5.jpg

I want that police robo-horse!

nny

Finished setting up my Holidays decoration; no MOCs, so it's nothing too interesting,but still, Happy Holidays!

Finished setting up my Holidays decoration; no MOCs, so it's nothing too interesting,but still, Happy Holidays!

I like the use of a baseplate-that helps keep things tidy.

Like you I am also not much of an inventive builder so I've just been building the proper sets over the last couple of weeks.

I still have the cottage to build, and may get the market at the VIP event on Saturday. The Post Office is terrific-I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. I may actually l like it better than the Toy Shop.

The one thing I don't like about the Post Office is the light brick. I'll post a picture later but it seems really shoehorned in for no reason.

That contrasts with the Bakery that has an awesome light brick. To be honest it's the only thing I like about the entire Bakery set. It feels like the weakest of the bunch.

Hmm. I spy a bunch of Stephen King on that shelf, along with Twilight, and the UK editions of the Harry Potter books. I also see that you seem to have that bookcase organized alphabetically. Good. My wife just throws stuff on shelves and I can't take it. Too many years of working retail. I even have books and DVDs organized by genre in my house, then alpha after that.

Hmm. I spy a bunch of Stephen King on that shelf, along with Twilight, and the UK editions of the Harry Potter books. I also see that you seem to have that bookcase organized alphabetically. Good. My wife just throws stuff on shelves and I can't take it. Too many years of working retail. I even have books and DVDs organized by genre in my house, then alpha after that.

Oh boy, there are some really embarrassing books in that shot now that I look.

The Celestine Prophecy, Mark Burnett's Survivor book, Anthony Hopkins bio, Twilight. Those are the wife's.

I'll man up and take ownership for my Stephen King teen years, Harry Potter & the Klingon Dictionary. Snowdrops, the making of Kind Of Blue, Jamrach's Menagerie and those Steinbeck books make up for it right....right?

I've always kept collections organized alphabetically. Back when I was really into LPs and CDs I had thousands of them organized alphabetically, then by year of release. Now my LEGO instruction books are organized by set number.

Please enjoy this glimpse into the life of a sad man.

Oh boy, there are some really embarrassing books in that shot now that I look.

The Celestine Prophecy, Mark Burnett's Survivor book, Anthony Hopkins bio, Twilight. Those are the wife's.

I'll man up and take ownership for my Stephen King teen years, Harry Potter & the Klingon Dictionary. Snowdrops, the making of Kind Of Blue, Jamrach's Menagerie and those Steinbeck books make up for it right....right?

I've always kept collections organized alphabetically. Back when I was really into LPs and CDs I had thousands of them organized alphabetically, then by year of release. Now my LEGO instruction books are organized by set number.

Please enjoy this glimpse into the life of a sad man.

If the shelves weren't a wreck I would take pics of all the bookcases here. But there is so much dust and random shit on there it would be embarrassing.
The bookcases are out of order now due to randomly grabbing stuff. But the three DVD bookcases are still in order, since I am the only one that really goes over them.

As for keeping instructions sorted by number, I couldnt do it. I cant keep track of set numbers for some reason, but can easily remember set names, so that is how I have it. Although some themes I keep together, such as all Galaxy Squad stuff is together.

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see all the XMas sets put together like that. It's not necessarily a MOC, but the arrangement is original. Setting up scenes with the minifigs also makes it more interesting.

For those that don't have all the sets, it's never too late. I don't have all the modulars, but I will continue to collect what I can. Empty your wallets and fill your memories with LEGO happiness.

Wish it was white, though.

Hit your local LEGO store. I stocked up on tons of 4x6 white plates at PAB. Just put 2x4 bricks at intervals along the baseplate, then the 4x6 white bricks on top. Makes the entire thing white, and is easy to take apart in the end.

nny

Hit your local LEGO store. I stocked up on tons of 4x6 white plates at PAB. Just put 2x4 bricks at intervals along the baseplate, then the 4x6 white bricks on top. Makes the entire thing white, and is easy to take apart in the end.

I would need to travel to a different country for that. :/ But yes, I'll end up doing something like that with the online store.

Wow. TRU has some great deals right now. All the Lone Ranger stuff is cheap. Train was $65. Silver Mine was $47.
Castle Gate Raid was $17.50. Jedi Defender was $75ish. Friends stuff is cheap too. Shocked at some of the prices.

R-User!

Ditto on the DVDs and Blu-Rays here.

Wow. TRU has some great deals right now. All the Lone Ranger stuff is cheap. Train was $65. Silver Mine was $47.
Castle Gate Raid was $17.50. Jedi Defender was $75ish. Friends stuff is cheap too. Shocked at some of the prices.

I bought the Baxter robot, Hoth Battle, and Castle Gold Getaway. They were great deals! Somewhere around 40% off MSRP!
I was not going to buy the Baxter robot, but for $25, I couldn't resist.

These are on sale for today only for $8. The fiece flyer ($15 MSRP) is well worth it at the price.
LEGO-31004-Creator-Fierce-Flyer-Toysnbricks-300x222.jpg
LEGO-Creator-Super-Racer-31002-Toysnbricks-300x194.jpg

Only 90 more to go to 10k.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/38958

thumb640x360.jpg

After the massive denial of Cuusoo sets the last round, the votes appear to have slowed down quite a lot. I see very little movement in the top 6 voted entries. I hope more stuff gets through to production as there have been a lot of disappointments lately. I'm sure to stop voting if none of the stuff I want made doesn't make it consistently.

What massive denial?

Not choice words on my part. I meant the massive rejection. :) Basically LEGO combined 3 pending "season" reviews and only 1 made it through. I understand why a lot didn't make it through, but there were a few I thought should have. Granted what I think a lot of people would like isn't necessarily something that would sell. However, I thought the idea of Cuusoo was to print limited small runs of sets that would interest people that aren't currently into LEGO. How many sets does LEGO have to sell to make a Cuusoo set viable?

I bought the Baxter robot, Hoth Battle, and Castle Gold Getaway. They were great deals! Somewhere around 40% off MSRP!
I was not going to buy the Baxter robot, but for $25, I couldn't resist.

These are on sale for today only for $8. The fiece flyer ($15 MSRP) is well worth it at the price.
LEGO-31004-Creator-Fierce-Flyer-Toysnbricks-300x222.jpg
LEGO-Creator-Super-Racer-31002-Toysnbricks-300x194.jpg

I did not see those marked like that at the store I stopped at. Would have snagged a few of each just for parts (or cheap stocking stuffers) if I knew that. But yet, Fierce Flyer is a steal at that price. Such a great lil set.

Using LEGO to build math concepts. An article that Danica McKellar retweeted along with the LEGO Group. Interesting read.

Vyer

Saw that Star Wars characters are confirmed for the LEGO Movie. I don't remember the trailer showing any. Be interested to see who they include...

I did not see those marked like that at the store I stopped at. Would have snagged a few of each just for parts (or cheap stocking stuffers) if I knew that. But yet, Fierce Flyer is a steal at that price. Such a great lil set.

Using LEGO to build math concepts. An article that Danica McKellar retweeted along with the LEGO Group. Interesting read.

I was at TRU on Monday for the great sales. What I noticed is some sets didn't have the "50%" off sign. Most did, but the Battle of Hoth one didn't at my store. I scanned it and it was on sale.

I also forgot the link where I saw this sale info.
http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=&t=9688

I will try using my LEGO for fractions with my son.

Benny (1980something Spaceman) character poster, The LEGO Movie (High res-ish) by vynsane, on Flickr

I hope we get a set with that space ship in the background. Disappointed if we do get it and it's the blue classic minifig. I have a ton of them from recent display set LEGO sold last year. I'd like some red or white ones.

They MUST make that a real set. Or something close. Modern parts, classic feel. I am in love.

I really hope that the enthusiasm for the space stuff shown here is widespread through other LEGO fan sites. I hope that if it is, LEGO takes notice and makes another round of classic Space stuff. Galaxy Squad was one of my favorite things this year, but an old skool style space theme with the regular figs like that would be absolutely killer.

While GS was cool, nothing has ever come close to those space sets I grew up with as a kid (Blacktron, Ice Planet, Space Police, Exploriens, Spyrius, Ultron...etc) and any homage to them is a okay with me.

Shoot Space/Town were the sets I mainly collected as a kid

I also miss the classic initial castle sets... it seemed more badass back then cuz it was not just bad guy versus good guy... it was like groups of clans all fighting for different things.

Miss me my Forrest Men, Wolf Pack, and Dragon Knights

the same could be said about space sets where it was a large number of factions...

modern lego sets are more binary themed than they use to be

shadow29

Neo Member
Yeah some times having defined lines can take it back a bit.

I had no idea what the Ice planet guys were doing or fighting with those missiles. All I saw were missiles and some awesome trans orange everywhere. It was awesome and still probably my favorite line all time.

Yeah some times having defined lines can take it back a bit.

I had no idea what the Ice planet guys were doing or fighting with those missiles. All I saw were missiles and some awesome trans orange everywhere. It was awesome and still probably my favorite line all time.

I really loved reading the Lego Maniac comics in the old Disney kids magazine. I never bought them but I'd read them when my mom would be grocery shopping.

It was cool how they tied the Ice Planet, Blacktron, and Space Police stuff in it.

It was silly too.

51LHogTXHTL._SY445_.jpg

Is Barrel Escape going out of print any time soon? It's the last Hobbit set I need to have all the Hobbits but I've got some bills to pay. It's just odd to me that it sells for $53 on Amazon while saying Hard to Find on Lego's site.

Is Barrel Escape going out of print any time soon? It's the last Hobbit set I need to have all the Hobbits but I've got some bills to pay. It's just odd to me that it sells for $53 on Amazon while saying Hard to Find on Lego's site.

It'd be hilarious if it went out of print before the movie actually containing that scene releases.

I'd dare say that it won't quiiiiite blow up to modular building levels of aftermarket inflation if you do gamble and wait.

It'd be hilarious if it went out of print before the movie actually containing that scene releases.

I'd dare say that it won't quiiiiite blow up to modular building levels of aftermarket inflation if you do gamble and wait.

It's partially insane to worry but I know that supposedly the Hobbit and LOTR sets haven't been selling well.

I also miss the classic initial castle sets... it seemed more badass back then cuz it was not just bad guy versus good guy... it was like groups of clans all fighting for different things.

This is a really interesting point.

When I was actively collecting LEGO as a kid (1982-1986) I remember noting that my LEGO collection featured no bad guys at all...just different factions. I probably made up for this by having some of the original (tiny) Battlestar Cylons get involved in the game.

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but I had forgotten about it. No bad guys = experimentation.

Top Bottom