• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Good news all around.

Iam Canadian said:
Nice touch. I hope they don't use the voice of the anime dub protagonist (is it still Ash, or did they finally decide to go with someone good?), though. The line between the game character and the anime character doesn't need to be further blurred.

Still Ash, unfortunately.

Tim-E

Maybe you can do a sort of charge attack to the sandbag and it launches it forward and takes out whoever is in front of it? I don't know. :p

I really do hope there's a Galaxy stage, though.

In the same post about Rosalina in that link, there was a mention of a Saza from Fire Emblem.

Saza is Sothe outside Japan.

What exact role for him? Probably AT as well.

Sothe being represented is fantastic. I hope it doesn't another playable character from Tellius though.

The best news has to be the potential Galaxy stage. A sphere where a character is eliminated by not being able to fall back into the gravity field would be amazing. And the ability to jump around a planet completely in Brawl would be pure genius.

justchris

Jiggy37 said:
Well, yeah, I don't particularly want another one either. (Edit: Unless it was Daisy, but since everybody hates her except me, I'm sure Sakurai knows that and didn't include her. :p) I'm just saying that if their mindset was that they wanted to add another Mario villain, I'd rather see Kamek (as a second representative for the Yoshi symbol, even) than Bowser Jr.

No one hates Daisy. It's just hard to forgive her annoying VA in some games. I'd pick Daisy over Bowser Jr. anyday. I'd pick Kamek over both of them.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Sp0rsk is going to come in here and beat some ass for it, but seeing the jump info is getting me excited for a SMG level possibility.

Now tell me why did they relegate the spin move to non-special status after he finally uses it a game? :lol

Fireblend

Banned
IAmtheFMan said:
THIS is awesome. Kirby was one of my favorite and also one of the most powerful characters in the original SSB.

Now make sure Lucas is back up to Ness's power from the original SSB and we're talking. :)

Seriously, I hate how they totally downgraded his abilities on Melee :(

SantaC

scola said:
Sp0rsk is going to come in here and beat some ass for it, but seeing the jump info is getting me excited for a SMG level possibility.

A Gusty Garden level would be sweet!

800px-Windyyard.jpg

Mine would just be sphereical planets that while fighting get sucked into a black hole and as this happens a sling star appears and you have to fling yourself to a new planet! You go through this cycle about 5 times and then it resets. :D

Sharp

ShockingAlberto said:
Matter Splatter would be mine.
Matter splatter is cool in a platformer but I think it would work pretty much like any moving platform stage in Smash. I think a stage that used gravity, like Gusty Garden, would be better.

Also wow, that screenshot from IGN looks like ass compared to what I get on my TV.

Meloche

SantaC said:
A Gusty Garden level would be sweet!
Just about any level in Galaxy would make for a gorgeous Brawl stage, but I'm kind of hoping they'll use this area here. We fought above the castle in Smash 64 and on top of the castle in Melee, so maybe for Brawl we could fight in front of it in some fashion. Fighting in the town square with the castle being abducted by Bowser's ship in the background could look really cool, or else we could fight on the Castle grounds themselves and the fight would continue on as the entire stage was beamed up into space.

...Of course whatever the Galaxy stage ends up being [if there is one], I would hope that the Gusty Garden theme would be a song included in the My Music list. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I love the My Music update. :0)

Edit -- Another cool thing could be a PokeFloats-esque Galaxy stage where you travel from planet to planet... that way you'd get a nice sample of all the amazing areas featured in Galaxy.

justchris

ShockingAlberto said:
Matter Splatter would be mine.

I would totally be on for a Matter Splatter or Bowser Reactor level.

And awesome news about Rosalina assist and Kirby not being totally useless. He was the best character in SSB64, and they totally nerfed him.

m00

AceBandage said:
http://translate.google.com/transla...r=433&rev=&no=0&langpair=ja|en&hl=EN&ie=UTF-8

Info from Jump Festa:

- Kirby feels more like his N64 counterpart
- The Pokemon Trainer shouts out the names of the Pokemon he uses
- Duster (Mother 3) and Rosalina are assist trophies
- Sandbag is an item

SMG stage all but confirmed.
I know this isn't the Jump Festa update thread, but I had to post what I've found in hopes of killing this rumor. The Rosalina assist trophy news seems to have originated from someone passing along rumors in Japanese. The only reference to Rosetta (her name in Japanese) on the page is from a post near the bottom of the page:

あまり、確定的な情報ではありませんが・・・
アシストフィギュアに「ロゼッタ」(スーパーマリオギャラクシー)が出たらしいです。

The first line basically says, "This is hardly definitive information, but..." so I suspect that a Japanese rumor magically became a fact in translation. I googled the phrase "Duster (Mother 3) and Rosalina" and found the culprit. It's none other than go nintendo, banned for misinformation on the NeoGAFs.

item14_071228a.jpg

It is said that if you collect all three parts, you will complete the legendary Air Ride machine...

item14_071228b-l.jpg

There it is! Dragoon Part A!

item14_071228c1-l.jpg

item14_071228c2-l.jpg

item14_071228c3-l.jpg

It’s broken into three parts:
Dragoon Part A, the nosecone...
Dragoon Part B, the hull...
and Dragoon Part C, the tail.

item14_071228d-l.jpg

Gather all three and the Dragoon is formed!

item14_071228e-l.jpg

Target in sight!

item14_071228f-l.jpg

FIRE!!!

Of course, given the amount of preparation required, it boasts tremendous firepower! If it strikes you, consider it a one-hit KO.

The battle for this item is hot.

item14_071228g-l.jpg

When you get Dragoon parts, these icons appear!

Hit an opponent who has one of the Dragoon parts to make him drop it like a fumble. You also drop the parts when you lose a life. If you want to get a part in hand, then beat on your opponent!

The same can be said for Smash Balls—those, too, are items that everyone really wants badly, so the scramble can be quite funny!

The joy of finally getting all three. Your enemies doing whatever they can to flee. It’s like we’ve added a delicious new spice, so I hope you’ll enjoy it during multiplayer matches.

I have a request for the many people who want to play over Wi-Fi! The first time you play the Wi-Fi modes, please be sure to set the Smash Service to ON.

wi-fi05_071228a-l.jpg

Here in the Options...

wi-fi05_071228b-l.jpg

You’ll find "Smash Service."

If you don’t turn this Smash Service on, you won’t receive any data! I ask that you take great care not to forget this step.

<Data Sent by Nintendo>

wi-fi05_071228c-l.jpg

Choose Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

In order to receive data sent by Nintendo, you need to first choose Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection mode.

wi-fi05_071228d-l.jpg

You connect without incident. When you confirm the message...

wi-fi05_071228e-l.jpg

Data appears in the applicable mode!

Things that have "Download" written on them were sent by Nintendo.

Now, downloaded data from Nintendo will gradually be overwritten, so there’s no need to worry about your Wii’s memory running out.

<Data Sent by a Friend>

wi-fi05_071228f-l.jpg

Whoa. A lot of stuff arrived. Nice.

wi-fi05_071228g-l.jpg

When something arrives, you’ll get a message on your Wii Message Board.

wi-fi05_071228h-l.jpg

When you start up the game...

wi-fi05_071228i-l.jpg

The data will be in its respective places.

Now, since this data comes from your friends, this is where you have to watch your remaining save memory! If the remaining free space on your Wii System Memory is running low, you won’t be able to receive the data. Move old data to an SD card or erase it.

wi-fi05_071228j-l.jpg

You can also send data to multiple friends at once.

It’s difficult to put the joy of being able to exchange snapshots and stages into words. I certainly hope you will all enjoy it.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Dragoon

It is said that if you collect all three parts, you will complete the legendary Air Ride machine...

screenshot

There it is! Dragoon Part A!

screenshot

screenshot

screenshot

It’s broken into three parts:
Dragoon Part A, the nosecone...
Dragoon Part B, the hull...
and Dragoon Part C, the tail.

screenshot

Gather all three and the Dragoon is formed!

screenshot

Target in sight!

screenshot

FIRE!!!

Of course, given the amount of preparation required, it boasts tremendous firepower! If it strikes you, consider it a one-hit KO.

The battle for this item is hot.

screenshot

When you get Dragoon parts, these icons appear!

Hit an opponent who has one of the Dragoon parts to make him drop it like a fumble. You also drop the parts when you lose a life. If you want to get a part in hand, then beat on your opponent!

The same can be said for Smash Balls—those, too, are items that everyone really wants badly, so the scramble can be quite funny!

The joy of finally getting all three. Your enemies doing whatever they can to flee. It’s like we’ve added a delicious new spice, so I hope you’ll enjoy it during multiplayer matches.

TreIII

Interesting, to say the least.

It's good to know that they're definitely trying to go with more of a variety of items this time around.

Milabrega

JohnTinker said:
D

New Spice! :lol

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
12/28/2007 Fri

I have a request for the many people who want to play over Wi-Fi! The first time you play the Wi-Fi modes, please be sure to set the Smash Service to ON.

screenshot

Here in the Options...

screenshot

...you’ll find "Smash Service".

If you don’t turn this Smash Service on, you won’t receive any data! I ask that you take great care not to forget this step.

Data Sent by Nintendo

screenshot

Choose Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

In order to receive data sent by Nintendo, you need to first choose Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection mode.

screenshot

You connect without incident. When you confirm the message...

screenshot

..data appears in the applicable mode!

Things that have "Download" written on them were sent by Nintendo.

Now, downloaded data from Nintendo will gradually be overwritten, so there’s no need to worry about your Wii console’s memory running out.

Data Sent by a Friend

screenshot

Whoa. A lot of stuff arrived. Nice.

screenshot

When something arrives, you’ll get a message on your Wii Message Board.

screenshot

When you start up the game...

screenshot

...the data will be in its respective places.

Now, since this data comes from your friends, this is where you have to watch your remaining save memory! If the remaining free space on your Wii System Memory is running low, you won’t be able to receive the data. Move old data to an SD card or erase it.

screenshot

You can also send data to multiple friends at once.

It’s difficult to put the joy of being able to exchange snapshots and stages into words. I certainly hope you will all enjoy it.

Nintaiyo

We were just discussing that Kirby Air Ride ship a few pages back! More and more, I'm starting to feel like Sakurai reads GAF, even though I know it's impossible. I mean, this is about the 10th time we've been discussing something, and then out of the blue, that specific thing is updated that night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom