• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

So this is basically my gaming setup in my unfinished basement.

samsung-front.JPG

samsung-side.JPG

I need to get an updated picture of my games.. I'll post them up later (need to buy batteries).

But here is one I took about 2 months ago for some unknown reason.

6p9bmm0.jpg

NekoFever

neojubei said:
I'm I the only one that still has the dreamcast hooked up to a tv?
Nope. Just outside the frame in my photo I have a DC, along with the three current main consoles. It's one of the few non-HD consoles that looks half decent on an HDTV when you connect it through VGA.

Tobor

OldJadedGamer said:
I'm curious... why do people leave the little stickers on their TV's?. That drives me nuts and I can't get them off fast enough.

The stickers are for retail since the manufacturers don't know which one will be the floor model.

And you're right, it's seriously lame to have floor model stickers on your tv. Laptops as well.

Tobor said:
The stickers are for retail since the manufacturers don't know which one will be the floor model.

And you're right, it's seriously lame to have floor model stickers on your tv. Laptops as well.

Ahhh, I never knew that about the TVs. That makes sense though. As a Mac laptop user, I never had the stickers on my personal computer when I bought mine but now that I think about it, I'd have to say that all my friends with Windows laptops STILL have those little stickers on there.

PeteJ said:
I'm liking the tidy setups shown, very nice. I'm not a fan of wires at all :)

Here is mine
tEp0702.jpg
Who makes that stand? I love the color of it, and I've a sweet tooth for the low wide style without [noticable/long] legs.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Here are my usual pictures of my setup, featured in Pelaaja and Sköna Hem magazines. Once the sun breaks out in March, I'll take new pics since I've got new Usher speakers, piano black.

Living room

496471965_bc93928a85_o.jpg

Sony Bravia 52X2000 1080P LCD and Wii. Since this picture was taken iPod Hi-Fi has moved out and the Airport has been replaced with a new model.

496471973_e102dd5b31_o.jpg

Xbox 360, Panasonic HDD/DVD combo and amp. Will soon replace the amp with a Sony 5300ES. Since this picture, subwoofer and speakers have been replaced with Usher.

496471993_1967667a88_o.jpg

White electronics. Wii, iPod Hi-Fi and my old Airport Extreme. Getting a white DS3 too.

Study

496472001_e59d71f7d7_o.jpg

MacBook Pro with Bootcamp and a deck of method cards.

496472011_976d258d0b_o.jpg

Nintendo DS lite hotness.

Bedroom

496478021_1ae8fc786e_o.jpg

Samsung LCD HDTV courtesy Microsoft's GDC keynote where they gave a thousand away. Also, PS3 - which has since been moved to living room, as supply of games is starting to be better.

Forsete

Gold Member
Not much has changed.

spel3.jpg

Got a new screen for my PC. Dualscreen is nice.
spel4.jpg

Some of my PS3 games.
spel1.jpg

Because its so hot
spel2.jpg

gillty

Banned
img00245mu2.jpg

img00253zs3.jpg

The PC Core2Quad Q6600, 8800GTS, Asus P5K, 2gb Buffalo PC26400, 2x 320 Segate 7200.10 sata in raid 0, Corsair VX450 psu, and an Antec P182.

PeteJ

KyanMehwulfe said:
Who makes that stand? I love the color of it, and I've a sweet tooth for the low wide style without [noticable/long] legs.
Homebase\Argos!
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=20001&langId=-1&catalogId=1500000751&productId=1500089107&Trail=C$cip=1500006955>C$cip=1500007070>C$cip=1500007072&categoryId=1500007072

I've been looking for one for ages, glad I came across this model as it fits in perfectly. Makes the TV look a little small though, so a good excuse to replace it :D

BigScreen.jpg

65" Mitsubishi WD-Y657 1080p DLP
Xbox 360 Elite (FALCON) With HD-DVD Add-On (which will eb replaced by an A-20 as soon as I sell my old 360)
Japanese 60GB PS3
HD Cable Box

I think I will buy a reciever with my next check. Also I will take a pic of my bedroom tomorrow when my new speakers get here...

Chittagong said:
Here are my usual pictures of my setup, featured in Pelaaja and Sköna Hem magazines. Once the sun breaks out in March, I'll take new pics since I've got new Usher speakers, piano black.

Living room

496471965_bc93928a85_o.jpg

Sony Bravia 52X2000 1080P LCD and Wii. Since this picture was taken iPod Hi-Fi has moved out and the Airport has been replaced with a new model.

496471973_e102dd5b31_o.jpg

Xbox 360, Panasonic HDD/DVD combo and amp. Will soon replace the amp with a Sony 5300ES. Since this picture, subwoofer and speakers have been replaced with Usher.

496471993_1967667a88_o.jpg

White electronics. Wii, iPod Hi-Fi and my old Airport Extreme. Getting a white DS3 too.

Study

496472001_e59d71f7d7_o.jpg

MacBook Pro with Bootcamp and a deck of method cards.

496472011_976d258d0b_o.jpg

Nintendo DS lite hotness.

Bedroom

496478021_1ae8fc786e_o.jpg

Samsung LCD HDTV courtesy Microsoft's GDC keynote where they gave a thousand away. Also, PS3 - which has since been moved to living room, as supply of games is starting to be better.

your house reminds me of that TV room in Willy Wonka's factory

MoeB

2007 has been good to me.
DSC01437.jpg

MSN Guy, DS, PSP, PSTriple, 24" LG, HDMI switcher ( a godsend, from monoprice.com)
PC: Q6600, 8800GT 700m, DSP500 (best usb headset in its class)
DSC01438.jpg

The copy of Assassin's creed is not mine. It belongs to the trash.

Mildly curious about people's Blu-ray collections. There's a lot of movies there that you'd not normally think of buying. Are some people buying b-r movies just because they have the player, or are they genuinely after those movies? Because some collections scream "I have a blu-ray player and I have to buy as many movies as I can just because I can!"...

Android18a said:
Mildly curious about people's Blu-ray collections. There's a lot of movies there that you'd not normally think of buying. Are some people buying b-r movies just because they have the player, or are they genuinely after those movies? Because some collections scream "I have a blu-ray player and I have to buy as many movies as I can just because I can!"...

maybe its because House of Wax is just a geniunely good movie!

Fletcher

Valkyr Junkie said:

God dammit. And PS3s aren't region free, huh?
I've stopped myself from buying many movies I would love to, just because I want to buy them all in HD now. This movie is one of them.

Forsete

Gold Member
Ninja Scooter said:
maybe its because House of Wax is just a geniunely good movie!

Well the ending part was good.. and when Paris got killed. :D

I've stopped buying DVDs, thats why.

Fletcher said:
Where can you get Children of Men on Blu-Ray. I thought it was only on HD-DVD?

Nordisk Film has the publishing rights to the movie in Scandinavia. Nordisk Film also happens to be the distributor of the PlayStation brand in Scandinavia. Not sure if the movie is region free or not, if it is you can always import. Check the Blu-Ray thread in the OT section.

fullsetup.jpg

tower.jpg

wiips3.jpg

snes.jpg

somegames.jpg

not shown (all currently in the garage. ran out of inputs on my tv):
sega master system and all its games
NES and its games
Dreamcast and its games
PSOne and all its games
PS2 console

NekoFever

Fletcher said:
God dammit. And PS3s aren't region free, huh?
I've stopped myself from buying many movies I would love to, just because I want to buy them all in HD now. This movie is one of them.
The version of Children of Men that's out on BD in Sweden is region free according to this.

If you're willing to import there are a lot of each format's "exclusives" out on the other thanks to international distribution snafus. Off the top of my head Silent Hill (with a far better video transfer), both Fantastic Fours, both Resident Evils, Bridge to Terabithia, both Underworlds, Ghost Rider, Mr and Mrs Smith, Reign of Fire, The Prestige, Terminator 2 (ditto Silent Hill), and Total Recall are out on HD DVD if you buy online.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Tieno said:
Awful blacklevels dark10x, is that an LCD TV?
Absolutely. I only buy LCD. Nothing else comes close.

Heh, in reality, the TV is not even on in that shot (the red light = standby). :p

womfalcs3

Banned
Chittagong, the DS and DS3 pictures look incredible. They look professionally-done.

EDIT: The DS3 picture is associated with Forsete. I lost track with all the pictures posted.

Sylar

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
Why do you have an HD-DVD add-on for that TV?

Because my mom bought me Blade Runner on HDDVD by accident, and I was too lazy to return it so instead I bought the HD-DVD add on. :lol With no HDTV. :lol

Oh well, it still hooks up to my laptop and looks pretty good, plus I'm future proof!

Gary Whitta said:

Certain Blu-Ray movies are. My POTC 1 and Superman Returns are US copies, and work 100% fine on my PAL PS3. There's a list here which tells you which work on certain machines. Dunno how up to date that is.

I've found blu-ray discs are about £10-15 cheaper to import from America than to buy locally.

GottiDC

Banned
heres mine, all playstation systems, with 1080p LCD 42inch phillips pixelperfect technology tv.
DSCI0071.jpg

DSCI0073.jpg

DSCI0072.jpg

DSCI0097.jpg

DSCI0104.jpg

DCFC0064.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

DCFC0090.jpg

YAAAAA DIIIIIIGGGGGGG, I GOT THE TV FOR 1,200 AT SAMS CLUB. ITS THE BEST TV I HAVE EVER SET EYES ON

Benedict

YtFBIRXpK.jpg

TV: LG37LB2RB or something similar, HD-ready.

Receiver: Onkyo 674 with 5.1 speakers, Canton Movie 151. Subwoofer behind sofa, one satellite speaker in cabinet and center in front of television.
Receiver connected to TV via HDMI and component.
Wii
PS3 40gb
Xbox with 120gb HDD and XMBC
Playstation 2 (collecting dust)
DS on table.
All my games, DVDs and few blu-rays in the cabinet to the left, IKEA Drömme. Sadly only sold a short period. Excellent storage cabinet.

wireless USB- keyboard and mouse from I-rocks

Forsete

Gold Member
Ken Masters said:
are blu-ray movies region free?

Some are.. I would say most are, but certain movie studios use the region locking feature of the format. Lionsgate and FOX mostly, Disney with new titles. All Warner movies are region free, most Sony movies also.

About half my movies are imported, aka a different region than mine. :)

Top Bottom