• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you have an eight hour gap between flash sales. That GOG Insomnia sale was just crazy. 105+ games with limited numbers available to whoever grabbed them first, interspersed with free giveaways of less than 50 copies of random games on sale that would get snatched in less than a second. I would catch quick naps during the slow parts when games no one wanted came up for sale.

I have bad news. The Green Man Gaming sale will be starting soon and the deals will be changing every four hours:

Get more action through 4-Play this weekend at Green Man Gaming! We're going to have an intense series of incredible deals, with 4 new deals going up on the site every 4 hours for the next 4 days.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Steam sales just make me sit here wondering if I should buy games I already own on consoles. Need to focus on that sweet indie gaming goodness.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm going to be controversial here and say i think its better than Civilization. It's not as complex but i think it prefer it.

It's not better than Civ V, but it's a great game and different in it's own right. Warlock is much more of a tactical battle game than a true civilization building game, but it has elements of both and resembles Civ quite a bit. I love the game honestly, and many people enjoy it more than Civ V just because it's a "simpler" game, meaning it's easier to play and understand. It certainly is well done, and I'll probably be buying the sequel unless they really mess up their own formula.

I hope the sequel takes more along the Master of Magic route but in a modern Civ V shell, that would be Godly. It's kind of leaning that way already, which is probably why I liked it so much.

Nbz

Just bought Sideway New York and noticed that the frame rate is pretty nasty. Is it hard locked to 30 or something?

Turfster

Just bought Sideway New York and noticed that the frame rate is pretty nasty. Is it hard locked to 30 or something?

The PC port for Sideway is pretty bad.
It crashed quite a lot when I bought it during one of the previous sales, and it had some graphical glitches.

derExperte

The demo ran so laggy that I never bothered with the full game. Too bad, it looked interesting but that's about it going by reviews.

sprinkles

At least you have an eight hour gap between flash sales. That GOG Insomnia sale was just crazy. 105+ games with limited numbers available to whoever grabbed them first, interspersed with free giveaways of less than 50 copies of random games on sale that would get snatched in less than a second. I would catch quick naps during the slow parts when games no one wanted came up for sale.
I missed Wing Commander 4 all the time it went on sale - stupid work and stupid sleep!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If i buy a Origin code for C&C the Ultimate collection on US Amazon, will i be able to redeem it on my EU Origin-account?

Origin is not region locked, so yes.

In some cases, It'll even ask you what region was that key from, so you'll get the correct region files.

derExperte

Bored? Here's something to ease the pain of no new deals for five more hours.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Wolf Among Us -- MB-06ED5740550B3AEB - Taken by Maxwood. 97 entrants total.

t1385656324z1.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's no Master of Magic (but what is?)

The latest expansion isn't bad, it just didn't turn out like I hoped. Galciv 3 will probably turn out better.

I thought it'd be nice. At least, as an alternative 4X... right?

it's on sale!
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FELH/fa...gendary-heroes

I played some, not much, it's good, looks nice too and I like legendary heroes. I have problem with replenishing mana though, but I think that gets better later on.

That's the cheapest it can get I take it?

Also despite being Stardock, the game there activates in Steam yes?

Vargavinter

Oh, I see there are some Ubisoft/Uplay games at US Amazon aswell, do they work to redeem on a EU Uplay account? Or are they region bound?

Arthea

I thought it'd be nice. At least, as an alternative 4X... right?

That's the cheapest it can get I take it?

Also despite being Stardock, the game there activates in Steam yes?

It is nice!

I think it's safe to assume that's cheapest it can get for some time.
Yes, activates on steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why is Might & Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition Uplay and not Steam? It's only $10 for God's sake! :(

The game was developed by third parties, to which Ubi typically leaves the matter of DRM, but M&M is an Ubi IP, so the situation is a bit different. See also: Syndicate requiring Origin despite being developed by Starbreeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom