• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOne Console in stock at Amazon for $499.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't find value added extras of 4 consoles worth of games being "drip fed" to my 3 playstation systems? Ok.

Four consoles? As I said in my original post, it varies from person to person. Even if people want to complain about selective evidence, it's still not worth passing up on games I want to play so I can get things like Remember Me or Metal Gear Rising instead. Like I said, I haven't even bothered downloading the PS+ titles in ages because I just don't find them appealing. I actually sort of found myself in this situation where I was downloading them and giving them a go and actually just sort of turning myself off everything because I was like "Bleh, Remember Me..." Generally, if there's a game on PS+ I want, chances are I already bought it at launch.

The two exceptions to this have been Kingdoms of Amalur and Catherine, and the former I didn't even really progress with past the opening area because I had other things on my plate.

So I'll just state it again for the record: as a PS3 and Vita owner who does not own a 360, I didn't find it hard to make the switch because there were games I wanted to play on the Xbox One (and one I've been waiting for half my life to play) and I didn't find the extra value stuff added on top of a PS+ subscription to be so appealing that it would otherwise prevent me from doing so. This will naturally vary from person to person. I just chimed in that, for me, the quality of the stuff on PS+ has been pretty dire in the last 5 months and I didn't see it as something to base my decision on.

Even though an Amazon employee in this thread is saying it's so?

The Amazon employee didn't mention one outselling the other, just gave us some general stock numbers. The Amazon employee didn't tell us how many they have sold overall or if one is currently selling faster than the other. All we can do with the 2:1 or 3:1 figures is speculate wildly.

Four consoles? As I said in my original post, it varies from person to person. Even if people want to complain about selective evidence, it's still not worth passing up on games I want to play so I can get things like Remember Me or Metal Gear Rising instead. Like I said, I haven't even bothered downloading the PS+ titles in ages because I just don't find them appealing. I actually sort of found myself in this situation where I was downloading them and giving them a go and actually just sort of turning myself off everything because I was like "Bleh, Remember Me..." Generally, if there's a game on PS+ I want, chances are I already bought it at launch.

The two exceptions to this have been Kingdoms of Amalur and Catherine, and the former I didn't even really progress with past the opening area because I had other things on my plate.

So I'll just state it again for the record: as a PS3 and Vita owner who does not own a 360, I didn't find it hard to make the switch because there were games I wanted to play on the Xbox One (and one I've been waiting for half my life to play) and I didn't find the extra value stuff added on top of a PS+ subscription to be so appealing that it would otherwise prevent me from doing so. This will naturally vary from person to person. I just chimed in that, for me, the quality of the stuff on PS+ has been pretty dire in the last 5 months and I didn't see it as something to base my decision on.

It's only dire if you choose to list the weaker titles. If you don't want it, fine, but it is just really awkward to read somebody state how it wasn't for them in a manner that sounds like they're justifying it to themselves by making what is now lost sound worse in retrospective.

It's only dire if you choose to list the weaker titles. If you don't want it, fine, but it is just really awkward to read somebody state how it wasn't for them in a manner that sounds like they're justifying it to themselves by making what is now lost sound worse in retrospective.

Except that's completely subjective, isn't it? All I know is that the last games I actually enjoyed that were offered by the service were back in May.

Striek

Your gamertag begs to differ, as does your old thread:
You said:
For example, I'm pretty much done with the PS3. Nothing coming out this year exclusively for the system interests me, and I've pretty much cleared through my backlog on the system. I still have a PS+ sub that lasts until April, so I'll see what they throw at me until then, but I can't say I'll be perusing the PS3 shelves at JB HiFi. In fact, if it wasn't a Blu-ray player, it's safe to say it would be going in the box and in the cupboard.

The 360 is spared a similar fate simply because I still have a few games to clear from my backlog, and a lot of them are quite large titles like Dragon Age, Borderlands, and Skyrim. I was planning to get Aliens on it, but now I have a Wii U, I've decided to get it on that instead.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506870

Your gamertag begs to differ, as does your old thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506870

Oh, you've got me! I bought a 360 in 2012 to play Halo 4. And I sold it sometime early in 2013. Bringing up a thread from the start of the year really demonstrates my current state of ownership!

Would you like me to take a picture with today's paper? Of course, I'm sure you'll just accuse me of hiding the 360.

EDIT: Actually, EB have this tracking scheme for what you buy and trade, so you can see below that on the 17th March 2013 I traded in my 360 and my 3DS XL, getting $240 for the 360 and $174 for the 3DS XL.

w3fpxET.png

I was asked at the time whether I would regret selling the 3DS 'cause Pokemon. I said no. I later bought a 2DS for $177. I feel a bit better about trading the 3DS now. :p

spekkeh

Banned
I'm calling it. The Xbone is not going to be able to outsell the Wii U in the first half year. Especially because any news of the Xbone bombaing is going to boost Wii U sales.

Striek

Oh, you've got me! I bought a 360 in 2012 to play Halo 4. And I sold it sometime early in 2013. Bringing up a thread from the start of the year really demonstrates my current state of ownership!

Would you like me to take a picture with today's paper? Of course, I'm sure you'll just accuse me of hiding the 360.

No point, you have a certain pattern of posting, and a gamertag that shows years of playing X360 games. You're in here trying to pretend that you have "switched allegiance", when a) no one gives a shit, and b) its a lie.

No point, you have a certain pattern of posting, and a gamertag that shows years of playing X360 games. You're in here trying to pretend that you have "switched allegiance", when a) no one gives a shit, and b) its a lie.

See above. You can believe what you want. I'd rather you just accused me of the truth: that I have a frequent habit of buying and selling consoles based on whims.

Detective GAF strikes again!

oconnomiyaki is the same dude who was saying he thought the XB1 and PS4 would be competing evenly in Australasia (it's not). Looking at his post history, he tends to just fawn over his XB1 constantly. Considering what he tends to spout, it's probably best to just ignore him.

I'd say I'm probably a little defensive of the Xbox One, but it's only because I think it's unfairly shat on in all this "Return of the King" stuff. The only thing I've been fawning over is Killer Instinct, and with good reason. Or did you miss the bits were I said that Forza was shite?

Detective GAF never fails.

Except it did. Ironically, when I traded in my 360, one of the things I bought was $90 worth of PSN cards along with a Nexus 7.

The PS3 and Vita are the only consoles I've bought and never traded. The former because it's been our Blu-ray player (so when the "Which one should I keep?" conversations start, that's always it's trump card) and I haven't bothered trading the Vita because the missus likes to use it to play Final Fantasy games on it.

BigDug13

Hasn't it already outsold the U?

I think he's trying to say that from January through June 2014, the Wii-U will sell more systems than the XBO. Not talking about totals.

At least that's what I think he's saying, because any other meaning of his statement would be crack-pipe talk.

I think he's trying to say that from January through June 2014, the Wii-U will sell more systems than the XBO. Not talking about totals.

At least that's what I think he's saying, because any other meaning of his statement would be crack-pipe talk.

Ah, okay. Yeah, that makes more sense. I don't see it happening though, the U (as much as it pains me go say) is dead in the water.

Nothing is turning its fortunes around...heartbreaking, but their lack of action the past year cemented its fate.

Striek

See above. You can believe what you want. I'd rather you just accused me of the truth: that I have a frequent habit of buying and selling consoles based on whims.

That would be fine, if you were leading with the truth; you were an XBL gold member and X360 owner this very year. Instead you kept bringing up your lack of ownership and being misleading about your transition.

Yeah, you can play that card if you want. It's still playing a card though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_Game_Collection#2013

Look at the PAL list. May (although to be fair, it was the end of May) was the release of Amalur and Ico/SotC. Since then, there's been nothing appealing. I'd say Assassin's Creed III but a) I played it at launch and b) I didn't actually like it. I did try and give Need for Speed a crack, but I ended up disliking the open-world nature of it and also found it a bit hard to see in some of the races.

What the service has been good for is exclusive discounts on stuff. It's quite nice to pick up an extra 10%.

EDIT: Oh, and cloud storage! Our PS3 broke midway through this year and we had to replace it. I don't know where I would be if all the saves hadn't been backed up. Sadly, only my account was eligible so my missus lost her FFXIII save that was right at the last boss.

Honest question: with PS+ benefits being shared across console on PS4, does that apply to cloud saves?

That would be fine, if you were leading with the truth; you were an XBL gold member and X360 owner this very year. Instead you kept bringing up your lack of ownership and being misleading about your transition.

How was it misleading? You're talking about a state of affairs at the start of the year, not what the state of affairs was this November? Christ, that post that everyone links to wasn't even accurate because I traded in my 360 in March. I ended up not liking Dragon Age or Borderlands and eventually played Skyrim on the PS3.

Nothing I said in my original post was a lie or misleading: as someone who owns a PS3 and a Vita, I found it very easy to make the switch because PlayStation+ was never even remotely close to being a deciding factor.

If Detective GAF wants to split hairs, I also had a Wii U up until a few weeks ago that I bought and sold within a month, which I originally bought when I cancelled an Xbox One order (which I got when I cancelled my PS4 pre-order) in this cycle of there being nothing appealing that I wanted to play. In the end, Killer Instinct won out (and I'm glad, because it's awesome). I was also pushed over the edge by the fact that nobody plays Ghosts on the Wii U.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_Game_Collection#2013

Look at the PAL list. May (although to be fair, it was the end of May) was the release of Amalur and Ico/SotC. Since then, there's been nothing appealing. I'd say Assassin's Creed III but a) I played it at launch and b) I didn't actually like it. I did try and give Need for Speed a crack, but I ended up disliking the open-world nature of it and also found it a bit hard to see in some of the races.

What the service has been good for is exclusive discounts on stuff. It's quite nice to pick up an extra 10%.

EDIT: Oh, and cloud storage! Our PS3 broke midway through this year and we had to replace it. I don't know where I would be if all the saves hadn't been backed up. Sadly, only my account was eligible so my missus lost her FFXIII save that was right at the last boss.

Honest question: with PS+ benefits being shared across console on PS4, does that apply to cloud saves?

The issue I've been saying is you've been choosing to list the weaker games like MM9, Malicious, and Remember Me. I'm not really concerned with if you find PS+ a good deal or not, and I can understand somebody not caring for it (which is why I wish it wasn't required for PS4 online multiplayer). It just seems very intellectually dishonest to primarily list the games most would agree were the poorest titles as your reason why. That's where my Xbox Netflix example came from.

Anyways, yes PS+ gives you 1 GB of cloud saves for each PS system. So 1 GB for PS3, 1 GB for Vita, and 1 GB for PS4.

It just seems very intellectually dishonest to primarily list the games most would agree were the poorest titles as your reason why. That's where my Xbox Netflix example came from.

Look of the context of the comment you're taking offense at. They were examples of the American version versus the PAL version. I thought it was unanimous that the PAL version is superior to the American one. What's in the American list that's so amazing? I see lots of Bit Trips and Pinball games and not a lot that says WOW! I hate shifting the burden of proof, but could you at least make this easier by giving an example of a game that came to the American PS+ that was considered to be "My God, this service!"

Anyways, yes PS+ gives you 1 GB of cloud saves for each PS system. So 1 GB for PS3, 1 GB for Vita, and 1 GB for PS4.

No, I meant does apply to all accounts on a PS4? For example, when our PS3 died, all my saves were fine because I'm the PS+ account holder, by my missus, who plays on her own account, lost all her saves.

Look of the context of the comment you're taking offense at. They were examples of the American version versus the PAL version. I thought it was unanimous that the PAL version is superior to the American one. What's in the American list that's so amazing? I see lots of Bit Trips and Pinball games and not a lot that says WOW! I hate shifting the burden of proof, but could you at least make this easier by giving an example of a game that came to the American PS+ that was considered to be "My God, this service!"

No, I meant does apply to all accounts on a PS4? For example, when our PS3 died, all my saves were fine because I'm the PS+ account holder, by my missus, who plays on her own account, lost all her saves.

Sleeping Dogs
Hotline Miami
Soul Sacrifice
Battlefield 3
Saints Row The Third
Uncharted 3
Hitman Absolution
Borderlands 2
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Rayman Legends
Grid 2
Virtue's Last Reward
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I mean, the list is in your link. I'm not saying you have to like these games, but it is entirely disingenuous to look at that list and act as if games like MM9 and Malicious accurately represent the majority of kinds of games they give away. Come on now.

No idea of the game saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom