• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

sinxtanx

Download here.

We made it, folks. Donkey Kong's reaction:

xuajpgp.jpg

HOLYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Tan

Oh god I downloaded but...

I dont know what to do?
Kind souls of GAF heelp! XD

Put it onto a 2GB or less SD Card. Remove all custom stages you have on your Brawl save. Put the SD card into your wii. Boot up brawl. Go to stage builder. Project M will start.

TheOGB

Banned
Why did this have to be released the moment Monday Night Football got started??
BJ3sz.gif

Fuck it, I don't care about the Cowboys or the Bears!

Kyzon

Oh god I downloaded but...

I dont know what to do?
Kind souls of GAF heelp! XD

Start a game on brawl, go to the stage builder thing. Delete all stages on your SD card.

Put the Nohomebrew contents in the SD card.

Put that in and then go to the stage builder in brawl. It will launch Gecko, then press launch game.

Revven

Here is the news post that is on the site but isn't viewable right now because of high as fuck traffic.

Hope you guys don't have any problems and enjoy 3.0. :)

AN IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION FOR 3-4 PLAYER FIGHTS
There is one minor but important issue that we have to discuss for competitive play. Due to the slightly-flawed model importer that we have to use – which we are currently working on replacing – new models including Roy, Mewtwo, and all new alt costumes have a higher tendency to create gameplay lag than Brawl’s original models despite utilizing similar polygon counts. This is not an issue in singles play in most cases but in doubles more than two new player models on screen at once can potentially create noticeable lag. Again, this is something that we’re actively working on addressing, we'll have more details on the specific instances of lag for Tournament Operators to look at and make judgment calls on rules soon. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to have this resolved in future releases. In the meantime, we have included warning icons on each costume's character portrait that has the potential to induce any amount of lag for players and TOs.
=/

The full changelist can be found here.

Edit: Beaten like my opponents when I use Lucas.

Anbec7

Thanks for all the replies :)

Sadly I use USBX loader since my Wii disc reader died (to much Brawl this years)
Is there a way to "patch" this?
I don't know if this is forbidden but I really want to play this and I don't wanna ask another friend to bring his Wii for this.

Thank you.

solomon

Is there another place to download this????

Also could someone explain me this a little bit better?

est for me
- Install Homebrew Channel
-USBx Loader
-smash iso on a usb
-Extract PM on USB root and you are good to go.

I own Brawl but my wii can't read dual layered disk anymore :(

How do you extrac the PM (I guess is project M right?) I have the same problem as you...

Our Wii only get used to play Brawl :p and Mario Kart but the disc reader suddenly stopped working ): so I friend put all of this in my Wii and I really wanna try this!

Steps.
-Hack wii and get homebrew channel running
-Get WBFS manager (Run as administrator) and get brawl iso (look it up)
-Get a usb and corrupt it at least 8gbs brawl is a big iso, go to my computer and click format and pull it out while its in the process (USB needs to be corrupt for the usb to load on the program)
-Google USB loader X and install that on the wii
-Now on the SD you have all the files on ( not the ISO usb) extract project PM 3.0 on the SD.
-Once everything is ready boot up the wii and load USB Loader and go to options and make sure ocarina cheat options is enabled. Now you are ready to play the game off a usb.

Or you can get a wii lens cleaner http://goo.gl/sTSlcI

I don't endorse piracy
since you own the game its fine. You can youtube all the steps.

How does the installer work this time around? Just getting "downloading projectm.zip", but not seeing anything on my SD Card.

You can either get the zip and extract it on the root of the sd card or get the installer (not sure if it formats the sd card)

Revven

=/

The full changelist can be found here.

Edit: Beaten like my opponents when I use Lucas.

I'll clarify this here, I guess.

If you don't compete whatsoever, the lag issue should not matter to you. If you play on an HDTV already and the lag created by that doesn't bother you, then the lag induced by these alternate costumes/the clones will not be a hindrance to your gameplay experience.

If the lag was completely unbearable they wouldn't be released at all.

Iiiit's doooownloading soooo sloooowly.
If everyone who's using up all the bandwidth downloading this could stop and wait until I'm done with my download, that'd be great.

I'll clarify this here, I guess.

If you don't compete whatsoever, the lag issue should not matter to you. If you play on an HDTV already and the lag created by that doesn't bother you, then the lag induced yby these alternate costumes/the clones will not be a hindrance to your gameplay experience.

If the lag was completely unbearable they wouldn't be released at all.
Thanks for the info. I don't play too competitively, but do have my fair share of friendly 'tournament' battles. Regardless, it should still feel more responsive than vanilla Brawl. Lol.

Parablank

Do we unzip the folders or do we just put them on our SD cards as is?

Also do we need all 4 zip files?

just unzip the folders onto the root of your SD card. If you want to play on wifi download a wifi variant. If you do not have a homebrewed wii download a nohomebrew version

Revven

Do we unzip the folders or do we just put them on our SD cards as is?

Also do we need all 4 zip files?

You only need one zip.

If you don't have a modded Wii, you will want the one that says "nohomebrew.zip". If you have a modded Wii, you want the "homebrew.zip".

However, if you're completely unfamiliar with setting this up, the installer is what you'd use.

Once you've unzipped whatever one you choose, you'll open the folder up and drag the files out from that folder and stick them into your SD Card.

And yeah, if you want to play on WiFi you need to grab one of those.

So do I need the wifi version and regular version if I want to play online as well?
Regular version's for offline and has a few extremely minor benefits. WiFi is for online.

Only get one of them for now and then grab the other when the download speed's not so atrocious.

Gazoinks

Glurb, been following the instructions for Dolphin from this video, and no work. When I do the WAD install, nothing happens. A brief message box I can't read pops up and that's it, no WAD added to the menu or anything.

Revven

To save time and energy, I am going to post the install instructions from the site (since it's down). Lacks the images etc though.

INSTALLATION
Note: The Project M team does not support piracy, and the officially supported methods all require a legitimate copy of the game. Additionally, the Project M team does not support any modification to the Wii system, and encourages users to use the "Hackless" method of loading.

FULL SET VS. WIFI-SAFE
The Full Codeset takes advantage of all that Project M has to offer. However, for WiFi and replays to function properly, the WiFi-Safe set must be used. The WiFi-Safe set does not differentiate between L/R lightpress and full press or have C-stick buffering, nor does it have Stock Control or Stage Strike. The PMBR recommends you play with the Full Codeset unless you're specifically using WiFi/Replays. You may switch between these two builds simply by replacing RSBE01.gct, the menu2 folder, and the system folder.

REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY
The downloads below are for NTSC Brawl Discs and Wii's only. Japanese users, click here. PAL users: there is currently no release for PAL.
In order to use the Hackless Zip or the Installer, your SD card must be **less than or equal to 2 GigaBytes** in capacity to use Project M. **Note:** The Project M installation includes both music and textures as part of the standard package. If you have custom content on your card, it will be overwritten.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
Please follow the instructions below. Note: The instructions are for Hackless method. If you're using a hacked method, simply delete any previous version of Project M, extract the files to your SD card then boot Homebrew and select Gecko OS.
1 Delete any custom Brawl stage files on your Wii and SD Card! Don't assume that because you haven't made any there aren't any; 3 custom stages are included with a new savefile of Brawl.
2 Delete any previous version of Project M from your SD Card and make sure the card itself is not named "Project M" or any derivative thereof.
3 Unzip the file and open the folder that comes out.
4 Move the contents of that folder to your SD Card.
5 Boot up Brawl and go to the Stage Builder.
6 Gecko OS will launch; select Launch Game.
7 You will see a straploader saying Project M 3.0. Additionally, if your menu image looks like the image below, then go ahead and play and enjoy Project M!

TROUBLESHOOTING
If you are having any trouble with the installers (i.e. your game isn't loading the hackless option or the menus/character edits are not showing up, first read our official troubleshooting guide. If after you've gone through the guide and you are still having problems, join us in our IRC chatroom for support!

Obviously any troubleshooting could be done here if you don't want to go into a likely packed IRC channel lol.

I'll also mention now that 1 Player modes are still borked, most likely more broken than before because of the clones -- play them with caution (or don't at all). Classic and All-Star are for (the most part) okay, but SSE is likely not really playable if you haven't beaten it already.

Sails

Banned
Don't use Norton, but no the file is clean.

On the opposite side of the coin, over-aggressive protection can be something that is good for the casual market. It forces them to learn about what they're using and really think about what they're downloading. Technically, this .exe could be used as a trojan horse to download and execute whatever the PM team wanted. Mainstream anti-virus like Norton, McAfee, and AVG just need to not automatically delete items and at least let you make a decision.

narton

To save time and energy, I am going to post the install instructions from the site (since it's down). Lacks the images etc though.

Obviously any troubleshooting could be done here if you don't want to go into a likely packed IRC channel lol.

I'll also mention now that 1 Player modes are still borked, most likely more broken than before because of the clones -- play them with caution (or don't at all). Classic and All-Star are for (the most part) okay, but SSE is likely not really playable if you haven't beaten it already.

Does that mean it won't work on Wii U's vWii?

Top Bottom