• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
JCX9 said:
Well I was gonna skip buying No more hereos since that, along with advance wars and brawl would be over $100 in a month for games. I guess ill be getting all three now though.

That's their master plan! Stop doing what they intend you to do! You're a fool!

EDIT: But please DO buy No More Heroes we need more amazing 3rd party Wii titles! Thnx.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Man God said:
It's only a month guys, you're acting like Nintendo killed your mother or something.

I think we have a right to be upset... this is really sloppy on their part. Two months from release and they push it back two months... then a month from release and they push it back another month...

I can't think of a proper justification for any issue that might have come up that they couldn't have planned for during the first delay. Shortage? Online infrastructure problems? Both bullshit... just how long has Nintendo been participating in this industry? And how could they NOT know the magnitude of this particular title?

Also, Nintendo is freaking rolling in TONS of money right now. It'd be nice if they'd use it to ensure fuck-ups like this don't happen.

Blah...

Anyway, yes we're all posting out of anger, and yes, it's just a video game... but this is also a video game forum and this is the only proper place to vent out our feelings anyway :p

NewLib

Banned
TheKingsCrown said:
Listen, if there is a GOOD, gameplay altering / character set altering reason for these delays, then FINE. I want it to be the game of the forever. But we don't have any evidence of that right now. All we have evidence of is that Nintendo is fucking manipulating its consumers and its business to maximize profits. And as consumers who are done with Galaxy etc., its not something that's easy to swallow.

What evidence do we have of this manipulation of consumers?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TheKingsCrown said:
Listen, if there is a GOOD, gameplay altering / character set altering reason for these delays, then FINE. I want it to be the game of the forever. But we don't have any evidence of that right now. All we have evidence of is that Nintendo is fucking manipulating its consumers and its business to maximize profits. And as consumers who are done with Galaxy etc., its not something that's easy to swallow.

Can their be another character to delay the game if Japan is only getting a week delay? A US exclusive character. I dont believe it.

Feep said:
I also apologize for acting like a dick to GAF, but it really sucks when everyone just assumes you're a lying piece of crap. I guess this IS the internet, after all...skepticism is as essential as breathing, here.

I'm sorry too!
I apologize too, for snapping at you at least. ;)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TheKingsCrown said:

You are nuts. Plain and simple. It makes no more sense to release in the beginning of March than February. Both are really dead spots in the lineup. Smash is going to be immune to that sort of thing.

Having a date though means that it probably isn't bug fixing. Not being NOE means its probably not a disk issue either. It might be for stabalizing the online portion, or rolling out an ad campaign. That's what I'm thinking, but what the hell do I know?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ggnoobIGN said:
IT ISN'T!!!!

It was delayed 7 days in Japan.

This waspurely for a bump in sales and nothing more.

Yeah theres no way they are adding features there was only a one week Japan delay.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
JCX9 said:
Well I was gonna skip buying No more hereos since that, along with advance wars and brawl would be over $100 in a month for games. I guess ill be getting all three now though.

My dream is coming true. Sell No More Heroes, sell like you never sold before!

kamikaze said:
look on the bright side...you don't have to change your forum name. :p

so what's your theory as to why nintendo is delaying the game if you're sure the game is absolutely done?

it's definitely weird that japan only has to wait 1 more week while the u.s. waits another month, though. anyone have info on nintendo's manufacturing process?
As a business this is a pretty easy call. Unfortunately consumers can't do a thing about it because we will all buy the game anyway. If you are selling out of Wii's, you don't want what could be the biggest game of the lifecycle to come out when you have no further stock to sell.

Now, I'm not arguing they'll have a lot more Wii's to sell in March. But I guess my original point was that what you WANT to do is put brawl in a place that sparks the rest of the year. A little later than Feb is definitely warranted. And they are likely using predictive forecasting: demand has slowed in japan, they are assuming it will too in America, so inject the game right at the point of slowing demand, which is clearly not now.

I would rather there be a three month delay to add more characters and content than a month delay because of business bullshit. That's what makes me most upset. I bet after all is said and done there wont even be as many characters as were all hoping for.

Jiggy

BlueSummers said:
Only reason your not too upset Jiggy is because you get to do more stat calculations!
Actually, it's because I already believed the delay would happen, so I was emotionally prepared. >_>

And it also sort of helps that, like I said before, there is a trip I'm taking at the end of February that'll go through a week of March and that will probably not lend itself to me playing Smash; getting torn away from that would have sucked pretty hard. (Though, like I also said at that time, I still would have preferred that to a delay.)

ggnoobIGN

Banned
The game has to have gone gold so far. They were just a few days from a Japan release.

This was only to make some extra disks to help meet demand. That's it.

MrCheez

You know I think the delays wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't for the freakin' Dojo.

I mean, it's the Dojo's fault I'm obsessed. When I know there is a new update every day out there just waiting for me to read about... I can't help myself but check it... then it gets me thinking about smash that day.

Update every day = me thinking about smash every day = the wait becomes excruciating

:(

Man God said:
You are nuts. Plain and simple. It makes no more sense to release in the beginning of March than February. Both are really dead spots in the lineup. Smash is going to be immune to that sort of thing.

Having a date though means that it probably isn't bug fixing. Not being NOE means its probably not a disk issue either. It might be for stabalizing the online portion, or rolling out an ad campaign. That's what I'm thinking, but what the hell do I know?
Call me nuts if you want.

But guess what? I used this logic to predict a delay.

Tell me, is there a delay? Well, is there?

Okay then.

okno

Insaniac said:
Pikmin Rain Picture[/IMG]

The graphics are amazing.

As awesome as the concept for that stage is, to say that the graphics are "amazing," is a far cry from the truth. Graphically, I feel it is one of the weaker stages. Conceptually, it's fucking brilliant.

I'll bet the delay is to force us to buy other Wii games to cope with the wait, 'cause the first thing I thought when I saw this delay (after the initial cursing and sobbing) was, "at least I'll have time to finish Fire Emblem."

I get the picture Nintendo, I'll buy Fire Emblem, already geesh!

Milabrega

TheKingsCrown said:
As a business this is a pretty easy call. Unfortunately consumers can't do a thing about it because we will all buy the game anyway. If you are selling out of Wii's, you don't want what could be the biggest game of the lifecycle to come out when you have no further stock to sell.

Now, I'm not arguing they'll have a lot more Wii's to sell in March. But I guess my original point was that what you WANT to do is put brawl in a place that sparks the rest of the year. A little later than Feb is definitely warranted. And they are likely using predictive forecasting: demand has slowed in japan, they are assuming it will too in America, so inject the game right at the point of slowing demand, which is clearly not now.

Bingo. Which makes the March 9th date as flexable as the February 10th date.

Fenix

ezekial45 said:
From Sakurai's Wiki:

Sakurai Died on January 14, 2008 after a crowd of angry fans killed him for Delaying Brawl a 2nd time. A fan was heard screaming you must recover in the incident.

:lol :lol :lol

Hahaha, people are fast.

Fake edit: is it down already?

kamikaze

TheKingsCrown said:

true...i forgot NOA's track record of releasing games when it's good for them. :(

it's been awhile since i've really locked into the release date for a game.

Azuran

Banned
ezekial45 said:
From Sakurai's Wiki:

Sakurai Died on January 14, 2008 after a crowd of angry fans killed him for Delaying Brawl a 2nd time. A fan was heard screaming you must recover in the incident.

He dies in January 15, 2008, after being kicked off a tall building. The person who kicked him off yelled "You Must Recover!" as he fell down to his doom.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ezekial45

Banned
Fenix said:
Hahaha, people are fast.

Fake edit: is it down already?

It was Changed:

He died in January 15, 2008, after being kicked off a tall building. The person who kicked him off yelled "You Must Recover!" as he fell down to his doom.

Once you know how to attack, the next thing you have to think about is avoiding enemy attacks. That’s where the shield button comes in handy.

You guard against your enemy’s attack with your shield!!

Shielding against attacks is a top priority. Because if you don’t get attacked, you can’t get done in! However, the more attacks your shield takes, the smaller it gets.

If your shield breaks, you lose consciousness.

But more important than guarding is dodging.

You just tap the Control Stick in a direction while holding the shield button.

Tap the control stick down to do a sidestep dodge!

Tap it backward to do a backward-roll dodge!

And tap forward to do a forward-roll dodge and get behind your opponent!

If you can do these moves, your enemies will have a hard time landing their attacks. And they make you momentarily invincible, so using them proactively is OK.

Use these moves as much as you can even before you get used to them. Sometimes things become clearer that way.

If only he had followed his own advice.

suaveric

I wonder if they found some sort of game-killing bug at the last second after they had already gone in to mass production. So they delay in Japan and assume they can just get away with launching with fewer units there. Where as in the US they figure that they have to have a very large amount of units ready to go on day one, so the released is pushed farther back giving them more manufacturing time.

MrCheez

OgnodoD said:
Well, time to import a Japanese Wii.

I was thinking the same thing :lol

If only the Wii was region-free, I'd be all over an import copy of the game. But buying a whole additional system to play it early......... :/

I'm obsessed with Brawl, but I don't know if I'm that obsessed. Sigh.

Dreavus

This stage looks awesome! Interesting set-up, water hazards, that grub dog that shows up :lol .

Then my eyes drifted to the release date...

W-why Sakurai? WHY?

I can almost understand the first delay; to push the game into 2008 and make sure it gets the attention it deserves since Christmas is by then over, but this delay just makes no sense to me. What can they possibly be adding at this point? Saying they're balancing the characters a little more might have made sense if the Japanese version hadn't been pushed back by only a week. =(

JCX

ezekial45 said:
From Sakurai's Wiki:

:lol hilarious and terrible at the same time.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
>:|

I think I'll send an angry letter to Nintendo. The game is done. The version we get will be the Japan version with an extra trophy or music or something.

If theres anything I hate more its false promises.

Ashhong

Man people are really fucking up his wiki

Masahiro Sakurai (桜井政博, Sakurai Masahiro?) (born on August 3, 1970 in Tokyo, Japan) is a game concept designer, the asshat behind both the Kirby and the Super Smash Bros. series (With the newest one being delayed a second time because he's such a douche) on Nintendo platforms, and the author of a weekly column for Famitsu magazine.

Chumly

Man God said:

Honestly this would make a lot of sense. I mean I have a feeling Brawl is gonna break Nintendos back for its online service. It will absolutely crush all records/peak times Nintendo has ever had. 1-1.5 Million Japanese along with 2 million Americans might have been a little to much for the online Nintendo currently has. I guess the unfortunate side affect is spreading it out a tad.

If we dont get a wednesday megaton tomorrow after another delay, I am flying to Japan and kicking him off his office building. I will give him a wii remote/nunchuck to tether with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom