• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiggy37 said:
Well, we could always get that trophy strategy game that someone or other proposed in here. (Sorry to whoever it is I'm forgetting. :( My connection's way too spotty right now to search for your post.)

Yo.

But yes, I am trying to blow your minds with that idea, and it probably will happen, so as to help recollect lost Stickers and actually be able to see Mew, Celebi, (likely) Jirachi, and (likely) Shaymin.

Oh, and of course, consider that better trophies and stickers would be acquirable in Intense mode.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wow, I've been expecting this update for a while but I didn't think that it would be this creative or in-depth. I love how we all have known and groaned about the the stickers as worthless collectibles for months and now find out that they have some real use. I can't wait to dive into SSE.

justchris

A Link to the Snitch said:
Oh, shit.

With stat boosts, imagine that they could include a Luck increase, which would increase the chances of finding trophies, Trophy Bases, Stickers, CDs, rare Pokémon, and rare ATs.

This, yes, this right here. That would help me out so much, since I'll be wanting to collect everything in this. Good call.

CoolS

Ok, seems like no one cares about the guy who predicted this update and I can't seem to find his post. Maybe he'll just tunr up :lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
turk128 said:
Mini collectible card game? Or, better yet, Pokemon Snap/Dead Rising style mini game using the built in screencap?

Squall confirmed along with Triple Triad?

Seriously, I'd never play another game again. Ever.

This game will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be over.

Ever.

Awesome single player
Online play
Tons of trophies
Tons of stickers, incentive to collect duplicate stickers
Music collection
Create-a-stage
Tons of characters
Tons of ATs and Pokémon to be seen
That in no way will Sakurai not include a Target Smash, Race to the Finish, and Board the Platforms creator
etc.

And in all likelihood, we have a shit tonne of extra game modes to go.

Penguin

Firestorm said:
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they said Mario Kart Wii is not a standalone release but is actually just a minigame in Brawl.

Speaking of Mario Kart, why doesn't Nintendo whore out its entire roster for those games?

I love me some Mario *Insert something here*

But like a Nintendo World golf/Soccer/Tennis/Kart/bowling/baseball/basketball would be so awesome. Especially if given the care of Smash Bros.

Firestorm

Sooo anyone else not going to be using this feature >_>
I never used the power ups in Advance Wars DS either. Unless of course they have +luck stickers to find rare items like Snitch was proposing.

Scribble

A Link to the Snitch said:
This game will never, ever, ever, ever, ever be over.

Ever.

Awesome single player
Online play
Tons of trophies
Tons of stickers, incentive to collect duplicate stickers
Music collection
Create-a-stage
Tons of characters
Tons of ATs and Pokémon to be seen
That in no way will Sakurai not include a Target Smash, Race to the Finish, and Board the Platforms creator
etc.

And in all likelihood, we have a shit tonne of extra game modes to go.

Oh yeah, I never thought about that.

turk128

Penguin said:
Come on kitchen sink!

Think it's the only thing left that this game doesn't have.
What's the Japanese equivalent of the proverbial kitchen sink? That big metal pan used in slapstick comedy bits?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Scribble said:
No! Sakurai already implied in a previous update that characters can be powered up.
And 'Levelling Up' isn't the same thing.

Ummm did you even read the guys prediction?

Scribble said:
No! Sakurai already implied in a previous update that characters can be powered up.
And 'Levelling Up' isn't the same thing.

Um. the guy actually said:

That there will be an detailed explanation of the power up system in SSE this week,

We knew that Sakurai would explain it, but we didn't know when.

RedShift

RedShift said:
I'm predicting the SSE powerup update.

Fridays seem to be the go-to day for adventure mode, and it's been a while since we've had one

Whooooo, go me :p

Nice Andy sticker, I expect it slowly lowers %

Does anyone reckon there'll be some stickers essential to beating the SSE?

Jiggy

No pictures tonight despite the great update, as I really can't search the internets terribly well right now. :p I want to try a non-bullet point format for once, though.

The 34th week of Dojo updates closes out with the 12th adventure mode update--a type we hadn't seen since December 26th. The five least recent update types shuffle around to how to play, Poke Ball, assist trophy, item, and music. We're in the home stretch here; only 8 days of updates remain before the Japanese release date, and we'll know either then or before then nearly everything there is to know about Brawl.
Lastly, I think it should be said: 6 of the 12 adventure mode updates on a Friday, and even besides that, in my opinion it also had 5 of the the top 6. And it would be all of the top 6 if it didn't have This World... but did have Trophy Stands. Judge for yourself with the list below, though!

All adventure mode updates:
Monday: Pit's Descent, Fox's Misfortune
Tuesday: The Subspace Army, Donkey Kong Makes His Stand
Wednesday: The Enemies of Subspace Emissary, Trophy Stands
Thursday: Nothing
Friday: This World..., What is the Subspace Emissary?, Petey Piranha, Team, Subspace Emissary Movie, Sticker Power-Ups

I would rank them this way, personally:

What is the Subspace Emissary? > Team > Trophy Stands > Sticker Power-Ups > Petey Piranha (remember, branching paths were first hinted here) > Subspace Emissary Movie > The Subspace Army > The Enemies From Subspace > Fox's Misfortune > Pit's Descent > This World > Donkey Kong Makes His Stand

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Once again, I always miss the good stuff.

Anyway, this is remarkable. I don't think anyone expected stickers to be used in this way. Also, Jiggy's intuition pulls through again: not only is this a Subspace update, but the power-up method he's been predicting for a while now. Nice, Jiggy.

I also love how there's a sticker for everything, from Dodongos to Andy from Advance Wars.

And I think it's official: the Subspace Emissary is now my favourite aspect of this game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I also really like that you get MORE stickers on the higher difficulties. The people that want to play on Intense would be the ones that would actually take the time to equip their characters in the best possible way and even if they just want a straight up challenge, they can choose not to use stickers at all. It's a great idea.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I just hope that Intense is sufficiently hard to make stickers an actually important strategic decision.

I doubt Sakurai will disappoint, though.

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
Sooo anyone else not going to be using this feature >_>
I never used the power ups in Advance Wars DS either. Unless of course they have +luck stickers to find rare items like Snitch was proposing.
I used forces all the time. As you said a couple pages ago, more options are better. :D

Iam Canadian said:
And I think it's official: the Subspace Emissary is now my favourite aspect of this game.
At this rate it just might get there for me as well. I've been waiting 11 years for a sequel to Kirby Super Star and what do you know: four main series Kirby games and one remake later and naturally Sakurai himself is the only one who can come back and even approach his own creation, much less defeat it.

Also, Jiggy's intuition pulls through again for the third time: not only is this a Subspace update, but the power-up method he's been predicting for a while now.
Edited to poke some fun at myself. >_> The only other things I got correct were Zero Suit Samus' moves on October 8th and Mother music on December 18th.
On the bright side, I actually hit closer this time around because I had called an F-Zero item with ZSS and a game mode with Mother music, and neither of those things happened.

KevinCow

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
We had seen it before the update came. It was at E For All.

We just got it in higher quality and with music.
But it's still DK and Diddy being awesome. Therefore the video is pure, unbridled awesome no matter how many times you see it.

Jiggy

KevinCow said:
Why do you hate Awesome?
Well, there is what Iam Canadian said. I'd easily rank it over Pit's Descent and especially This World if we hadn't seen it already.
But in general I do rank all the character-specific movies pretty low because they don't provide any decent information about the gameplay. The Subspace Emissary Movie update at least had great footage of in-game action.

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
I used forces all the time. As you said a couple pages ago, more options are better. :D

Oh I agree. But it's one of the options I don't feel like I want to use.
I'll also hate having my stickers being used up :lol

Jiggy

I get the feeling I'll be stockpiling duplicate stickers. It's gonna be insane.

On another note, I wonder if the characters who aren't unlocked through Subspace Emissary will still be playable in Subspace Emissary. Even if it's an Advance Wars DS kind of thing where a bunch of characters aren't playable in the "main" adventure mode until after you've beaten the game, I still want to be able to play Jigglypuff sooner or later. >_>

Especially since Leg Attack+ stickers would be pretty fantastically awesome on a character who's more or less only a leg attacker.

turk128

Someone in 4chan pointed this out...
modea12_080118f-l.jpg

The blue drop... Electroplankton?

RagnarokX

Triforce sticker: +20 power (arm/slash attack) to Ganondorf, +20 wisdom (magic attack) to Zelda, or +20 courage (launch resistence) to Link.

Shit this update makes only the delay and the invetiable long wait until it is released in europe harder... They are not going to release this game until fall here I bet... :(

HURGHT

Jiggy37 said:
I get the feeling I'll be stockpiling duplicate stickers. It's gonna be insane.

On another note, I wonder if the characters who aren't unlocked through Subspace Emissary will still be playable in Subspace Emissary. Even if it's an Advance Wars DS kind of thing where a bunch of characters aren't playable in the "main" adventure mode until after you've beaten the game, I still want to be able to play Jigglypuff sooner or later. >_>

Especially since Leg Attack+ stickers would be pretty fantastically awesome on a character who's more or less only a leg attacker.
Clearly a Falcon-biased sticker

gimz

RagnarokX said:
Triforce sticker: +20 power (arm/slash attack) to Ganondorf, +20 wisdom (magic attack) to Zelda, or +20 courage (launch resistence) to Link.
or maybe that actually have many small pieces of triforce that you can only collect by sailing over the ocean :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom