• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Guys, I have a question about the level editor. Are we only able to access that through the online mode? And does that mean we can't keep the levels that we create?

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
"Your battle against the Subspace Emissary will one of epic fury"

Nice grammar.

jman2050

Heh, I saw stickers on the Japanese site and went 'wow, another crappy update', and then i see what it's REALLY about and wow. Sakurai am awesome.

Did you think those stickers were just for collecting?

Well, it seems you thought wrong! The truth is startling, huh?

He knows he's jerking with us and he's enjoying every minute of it :lol

Sticker Power-ups

Your battle against the Subspace Emissary will one of epic fury. Naturally you’re going to want to do everything you can to strengthen each character for the fight ahead.

And that’s where stickers come into the picture!

modea12_080118a-l.jpg

These should do the trick.

Did you think those stickers were just for collecting?

Well, it seems you thought wrong! The truth is startling, huh?

Each sticker houses a special power up. For example, some up your attack power, others bolster the damage from fire-based attacks, and some even keep you from flying as far when you take a hit.

modea12_080118b-l.jpg

You can find the details of each sticker’s power-up ability here.

On the Map screen, select the Sticker option to move to the sticker-application screen. You can switch between characters with the L and R Buttons.

modea12_080118c-l.jpg

Here’s a shot of the underside of a trophy base.

modea12_080118d-l.jpg

Now slap down one of the sticky stickers you’ve collected.

Generally speaking, the bigger the sticker, the more dramatic the power up.

The more stickers you put on a trophy base, the more powerful that character becomes, but you’ll need to consider your placement and sticker choices carefully as space is limited.

modea12_080118e-l.jpg

Fill in those bare spots with little stickers...

Leave no space unused!

When two stickers offering a similar power up are placed on a trophy base, only the more potent of the two power ups will take effect.

So, for example, if you had [Leg] Attack +4 and [Leg] Attack +6 stickers on the same trophy base, the added [Leg] Attack bonus wouldn’t be +10—it’d simply be treated as if you’d only put down the +6 sticker.

You should always remember to maintain balance in your sticker selections.

Also, some stickers can only be placed on certain characters. Stickers whose range of usage is limited in this fashion are proportionally stronger when placed appropriately. Do your best to find a good place for each sticker.

modea12_080118f-l.jpg

If you find placing down stickers yourself too much of a bother, just let the game do it for you by selecting Random.

modea12_080118g-l.jpg

Once you’re ready, apply all the stickers at once!

You can adjust the position of stickers until you choose to apply them, but you can’t place stickers on top of each other, so you’ll occasionally need to remove old stickers to make space for new ones.

Once you peel off a sticker you applied, you lose it for good! So take care when you lay down your stickers.

modea12_080118h-l.jpg

Stickers applied to a trophy base take on a gray tint.

Also, for some reason, you’re able to readjust the position of an applied sticker on its trophy base.

So while removed stickers are gone forever, you’ll be getting stickers left and right as you play—you’ll probably find that sticker you lost again. And, if you only use stickers you have doubles of, you’ll never lose one from your collection.

Plus, as I’ve said before, the higher you set the difficulty in The Subspace Emissary, the better your chance of running across rare stickers.

Going back to a previously completed stage and cranking the difficulty up for a second run is a good way to round out your sticker collection.

modea12_080118i-l.jpg

If you retry a beaten stage, you can adjust the difficulty level.

But if you should die and find yourself at the game-over screen, be prepared to lose half the stickers you collected.

modea12_080118j-l.jpg

Nooo! What a waste of good stickers!

Finally, remember that stickers are only of use within The Subspace Emissary. Sorry to say, but they’ll be of no use to you in standard brawls.

dyls

Wow, that's way deeper than I expected. I like the risk and reward of losing a sticker if you peel it off. And people thought the stickers were useless; they'll probably be integral to win on 'intense'.

Oblivion said:
Guys, I have a question about the level editor. Are we only able to access that through the online mode? And does that mean we can't keep the levels that we create?
You'll be able to keep the stages you make, as well as play and swap stages with registered friends online, and through SD card, but Nintendo will also have a daily featured stage for download that you will not be able to keep.

CoolS

Ok, where is that guy who told us about his friend who is translator at the dojo and said, this update will be coming this week????

He said he has even more info. GIVE IT TO US!!!!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Keru_Shiri said:
You'll be able to keep the stages you make, as well as play and swap stages with registered friends online, and through SD card, but Nintendo will also have a daily featured stage for download that you will not be able to keep.

Oh, that's fucking awesome then! Thanks!

GotForever reconfirmed.

CoolS

CoolS said:
Ok, where is that guy who told us about his friend who is translator at the dojo and said, this update will be coming this week????

He said he has even more info. GIVE IT TO US!!!!

Ok. I don't find his post... Help please.

TreIII

rhfb said:
What would be sweet is if these stickers would work in mp as well :lol

Careful what you say...I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was a way you could import your beefed up, stick-ified characters in a "Special "Brawl" of some sort...not unlike how you could import your World Tour character in Alpha 3. :D

The character 'powering up' of the SSE has finally been revealed....it's the stickers! :D

Nice job in making the stickers more than just a collectible Sakurai and crew. :D

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Very clever way of balancing things with the different sizes of stickers and applying them to the base.

GOTF indeed.

Ashhong

Oh no... I can't say I approve of the customizing of powers, etc. I liked smash because I didn't have to worry about having to upgrade my character properly, etc, and just abiding by the balance set by Nintendo...

Anyone notice he uses gamecube buttons in the game? maybe hes done that before, but it just screams "i might as well be on the gc" to me. :lol SSBB would have been one hell of a swan song for GC.

Damn, that's pretty awesome regarding stickers. Two things I like:

1. Attacks have attributes: Leg, Fire, Magic, I like this level of detail. They are really making the SSE mode something special.

2. Same bonuses do not stack. Any D&D nerds in here? I got a chuckle out of the "same bonuses do not stack" rule.

Jesus fuckin' christ. This game is just insane. It has ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!

What the fuck can they add at this point? Seriously? Going at 'intense' with a friend, building up stickers for hard bosses, etc. Mario Kart is going to be a pile of shame when it hits wii.

dyls

TreIII said:
Careful what you say...I wouldn't at all be surprised if there was a way you could import your beefed up, stick-ified characters in a "Special "Brawl" of some sort...not unlike how you could import your World Tour character in Alpha 3. :D

I definitely hope there is a "Sticker Brawl." even if it's only for local games. It would add even another layer to the already incredible depth, and promptly be banned at tournaments.

Azuran

Banned
:lol :lol :lol at topic title.

Holy crap, even the stickers do something in this game. Damn, this game is going to last us a lifetime.

Also, awesome points for the Iron Tiger and Andy's stickers.

Chumly

Man God said:
Losing half when you die is certainly going to murder some of my OCD friends.
Ok was that half your overall collection or half of the ones you collect during the level you are playing?

Chris R

TreIII said:
Sure it might be unbalanced, but imagine the POSSIBILITIES if it were possible for local MP. Would allow for all possible custom/grudge matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom