• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
splattergnome said:
I believe in the two timelines theory. The question is where the timelines originally split.

Bowser Jr. is not only Bowser's child by Princess Peach, but also Bowser himself after he grows up and goes back in time, becoming his own father.

Bowser did the nasty in the pasty?

Thus creating an endless loop whereby Bowser is his own father, grand-father, great grand-father, great great grand-father, ad infinitum.

It's mind boggling when you think about it.

ant1532 said:
I'm calling Zelda's final smash since it seems they are trying to catch up with the news released else where(They updated all the movesets once those were shown through Famitsu, same with Sheik, and then they showed Olimar's FS after it was shown in the commercial)
Kind of hoping he does the 2 remaining know final smashes(Zero Suit Samus and Zelda/Sheik) would be part of double updates. Maybe we will get one of those tonight.

TreIII said:
I'd love to see it happen...but I just don't know....I mean, unless it was a sign that Capcom was willing to give the VJ series another shot, after Clover nearly ran it into the ground, I couldn't foresee a feasible reason to bring him back.

Hell, Amaterasu would make more sense in a way, given how she's got a repeat performance due for the Wii soon...

I haven't heard of her before, but I assume Amaterasu is the Okami wolf.

ant1532 said:
I'm calling Zelda's final smash since it seems they are trying to catch up with the news released else where(They updated all the movesets once those were shown through Famitsu, same with Sheik, and then they showed Olimar's FS after it was shown in the commercial)
Have we ever had two updates in a row of the same type (ie two final smashes back to back)?

Vlad

ratcliffja said:
I haven't heard of her before, but I assume Amaterasu is the Okami wolf.

Yup.

She really would make a good Smash character, too. Lots of different moves (with the drawing thing as a possible FS), and as TreIII mentioned, it would be great publicity for the Wii port.

Vlad said:
Yup.

She really would make a good Smash character, too. Lots of different moves (with the drawing thing as a possible FS), and as TreIII mentioned, it would be great publicity for the Wii port.

And the final smash would actually be her brush abilities. You'd have something like ten seconds to draw as much as you could.

Jiggy

CreatureX3 said:
Have we ever had two updates in a row of the same type (ie two final smashes back to back)?
Lots of times. We even had one case with final smashes specifically: Link on June 18th and Pikachu on June 19th.

Edit: Other cases:
May 29th and 30th - What is a Final Smash? (and Mario's), then Moving and Shooting
October 29th and 30th - Stage Builder, then Classic
November 26th and 27th - Controls, then Widescreen Support (and Donkey Kong music)
December 11th and 12th - Rotation, then Options (and Ice Climbers music)
December 27th and 28th - Coin Launcher, then Share (and Dragoon)

Fireblend

Banned
As awesome as Amaterasu would be, it's so unlikely I haven't even bothered suggesting it. And now that we're discussing her, you guys better buy Okami for Wii as soon as it comes out. Best game of last gen (yes I did say that).

scottnak

crowphoenix said:
There's nothing Jiggly doesn't know. I fully expect him to one day kill me and replace me with one of those robots of his.
... Wait a minute. That's EXACTLY what a replacement robot WOULD say to throw us off his tracks. He's already beginning!! :eek:

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Fireblend said:
As awesome as Amaterasu would be, it's so unlikely I haven't even bothered suggesting it. And now that we're discussing her, you guys better buy Okami for Wii as soon as it comes out. Best game of last gen (yes I did say that).

I already own it

Fireblend said:
I'm not buying an unimproved and rushed waggle port of a game I already own from a developer whose PSP games I didn't like.

:3

Firestorm

HK-47 said:
I already own it

I had it but sold it when the Wii version was announced. I only played about an hour and got more than I bought it for so no loss. I'm hoping Okami Wii is 480p, 16:9, and doesn't look like ass on my HDTV like Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition does.

Jiggy

I'll be there for Okami if the price is right. (And if it isn't, I suppose I'll be there for Okami after the price becomes right later on.)

Zeed

Banned
If Amaterasu is in Brawl I will have sex with a dog.

Also I'm like the only person who bought Okami and just didn't like it (except for the art). Might as well add Amaterasu as an anathema character.

Jiggy

With the way my internet connection has been up and down in the last four hours--I mean, it's taken me half an hour after adding Amaterasu to the anathema characters list for Zeed just to come here and say that I'd done so--I'm not sure if I'll have stats tonight. Just fair warning. :p

TreIII

Fireblend said:
As awesome as Amaterasu would be, it's so unlikely I haven't even bothered suggesting it.

To me, there's only but so many reps that Capcom could/should have signed off to get into Brawl...especially if sp0rsk and his source is actually correct about "he-who-must-not-be-mentioned". :lol

VJ: Cool character who was loved during his early years, but being subsequently run into the ground, and no real appearance since, has probably made him fade in the eyes of the people.

"Ammy": Has a new gaming coming up on the Wii. If it sells well enough, I'm willing to bet that Capcom's internal R&D units could probably whip up continuances for said console, with or without any number of the original Clover staff on-board.

G-Red (Gotcha Force): Actually saw this guy mentioned at least once on Sakurai's blog...I guess some Japanese fans end up loving this game as much as I and a number of others did...

Ryu (Street Fighter): Would be a funny cross-over effort, if nothing else. (Lucario vs. his obvious inspiration, GO! :D)

Some thing from Monster Hunter: With Monster Hunter 3 coming for the Wii, now would be as good a time as any to start the hype machine. I'd be at a loss for what exactly they could do with the license, but I'd leave that kind of detail up to Sakurai and crew.

Leon: Easily the most recognizable RE character for N-fans. Not only do they have RE4, but there were also ports of RE2 for both the 64 and GC, if I remember correctly...

Beyond that...I'm at a loss for more profound Capcom reps. I mean, I could go on to list the likes of any body ranging from Captain Commando to Strider Hiryu, but I doubt that they would get into Brawl, if only because of their relative obscurity.

Is there really good reason to believe there are more third party characters included in the roster? The commercials are already out and Sonic and Snake are pretty big highlights. You'd think Capcom or whichever other third party candidate would ask for the same kind of exposure at this point in time.

Operations said:
Is there really good reason to believe there are more third party characters included in the roster? The commercials are already out and Sonic and Snake are pretty big highlights. You'd think Capcom or whichever other third party candidate would ask for the same kind of exposure at this point in time.

What if they revealed the third party character in a commercial?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Zeed said:
If Amaterasu is in Brawl I will have sex with a dog.

She's waiting ...

poodlecowboycheerleaderdress.jpg

TreIII

Operations said:

Maybe, maybe not. I'm willing to bet we'll get at least one more.

And as for "exposure"...well...that brings up another thing altogether.

After all, you think they're going to stop with these commercials when the game comes out? It's highly probable that they could just keep making these commercials, which would eventually start unveiling "secret characters" some time later. If a 3rd party (or two) was in their ranks, well then, obviously, they'd get their time in the sun, then.

But, above all things, the commercials show that while the extras are honored guests, they don't seemingly take any more precedence over the other members of the cast (notice how Snake gets kicked in the face by Zelda :lol).

ggnoobIGN

Banned
AceBandage said:
It really should happen, but my gut says that it just won't.
I mean, even if he IS in Brawl, he's probably going to be a hidden character.
IMO, if a 3rd party character is in the game, we will know about them, regardless of wether or not they are secret. My guess would be even Sonic and Snake are secrets, actually.

On another note, I read some WHobby impressions that said that they did not notice a stamina effect in regards to Pokemon trainer. Anyone else hear anything different?

Meloche

So I just realized that there is in fact an update tonight to look forward to; for some reason I was thinking a day ahead and thought that this morning's was the last of the week. I'll go with my Game Mode we don't know about yet prediction; that or a character profile. Only two weeks left, time to step it up Sakurai!

Firestorm said:
I had it but sold it when the Wii version was announced. I only played about an hour and got more than I bought it for so no loss. I'm hoping Okami Wii is 480p, 16:9, and doesn't look like ass on my HDTV like Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition does.
Not sure what to say about the last part, but it was mentioned in the latest Nintendo Power that the developers of Okami Wii have 16:9 and 480p at the top of their list of priorities, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I remember seeing Okami when it was first unveiled and thinking that it looked cool, but since it was ps2 only I basically forgot about it afterwards. I'm glad for these Wii updates that we're getting, if only because it gives me the chance to play some decent games that I otherwise never would have gotten the chance to -- Psychonauts next please (although I have played a bit of that one...)

ggnoobIGN said:
On another note, I read some WHobby impressions that said that they did not notice a stamina effect in regards to Pokemon trainer. Anyone else hear anything different?
All the matches were set to two minutes, so they might not have gotten a chance.

TreIII said:
Leon: Easily the most recognizable RE character for N-fans.

That's just silly. Ryu has been the face of one of the most popular fighting game franchises of all time since the first title was released way back in 1987. He's not a fighing game character, he is THE fighting game character. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that Leon is more recognizable.

Zerodoppler said:
That's just silly. Ryu has been the face of one of the most popular fighting game franchises of all time since the first title was released way back in 1987. He's not a fighing game character, he is THE fighting game character. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that Leon is more recognizable.
It was like one sentence and you somehow still read it wrong

Zerodoppler said:
Most recognizable RE character, bro.

Seeing this game in motion is torture. I'm going to have to bury myself in projects and assignments or something, just to make February go by faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom