• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT2| Ellen Pudge starring in Beyond Two Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkanius

Also, I still haven't done a MatchMaking game without Legion Commander ingame.
She really is flavor of the month due being new, but SHE REALLY makes a difference, even if the player is bad.

Sibylus

Banned
Sweet jesus, I'm free. No more limited heroes forever.

The Drow train lurched around nonstop. Four straight losses to begin the experiment. Then three straight wins. A single loss and a win to finish things up at 4-5, with me having no inkling of what hero it was I played a single game of limited heroes with before all this. Not that it matters, because as far as I'm concerned I am donezoes!

But yeah, the train. Felt like the force staff at times helped tread water, and that's about it. The harass is nice, the split push is nice, the damage aura is nice, the force staff is nice, but how about you get all of those things on a hero that isn't underwhelming?

Vengeful_Spirit.png

Trust me. Pick this lass instead of Drow. On average she'll probably even manage to carry better.

Arkanius

Guys I have a question:

Wraith King's Relic recipe, it requires 5 items right?
Can those items come from Wraith Night Tribute and Wraith Night Offerings? (Chests from Phantom Fragments)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys I have a question:

Wraith King's Relic recipe, it requires 5 items right?
Can those items come from Wraith Night Tribute and Wraith Night Offerings? (Chests from Phantom Fragments)

Yes.

Most cost effective way is to buy Offerings while converting Shinings to Phantoms.

Oh man, I got absolutely steamrolled by a Legion Commander last night. 154 extra damage. By the end of the match she could manfight 3 of us at once and win. It was horrifying.

Acinixys

Oh man, I got absolutely steamrolled by a Legion Commander last night. 154 extra damage. By the end of the match she could manfight 3 of us at once and win. It was horrifying.

Speaking of LC, although i think Arcana items are trash and a waste, the new DUEL animation/effect you get with the LC Arcana is legit

All the flags around you burn, as does the ground inside the duel circle

Randdalf

Friend of mine nearly got a free Rapier's worth of damage by the end of our game last night.

Haunted

Ok you guys, I need advice from the market pros here.

Sell my Wraith-Night Ossuary on the market, or open it and sell whatever I get on the market?

edit: wait, can you even sell the items you get out of the ossuary?

Vamphuntr

Seems like if you have Shadow Shaman + refresher and Sandking on your team and they know how to play you can win WN easily. Won three games in a row with a stack last night.

Shadow Shaman ulti is really great for crowd control and Sandking sandstorm is good for crowd control and gives you unlimited invisibility to escape and raise allies.

Hardest part is the king third form. Most people don't understand that if your team dps isn't high enough you need to take out the relics that spawn ghosts first.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If anyone cares, the newest set of Kinetic Gems are now random gems an item can get when you unbox them, and aren't guaranteed to be on a specific item.

Keeper doesn't have any ability gems yet though, so his Heaven Sent Staff tends to roll the Obeisance of the Keeper effect.

domstah

>Lifetime victories shown in-game

I'm almost being sold on this.
But I like the default appearance of Legion Commander so much...

I agree. As much as I like the idea of the arcana, the flames and crappy voice effect put me off. Plus $35 is a little too rich for my blood.

The only reason I'd buy the LC Arcana is if the Exalted version will sell for more than the purchase price once Wraith-night is over.

Other than that $35 for a cosmetic item not on your damn life

Ultrabum

anyone in the 5k+ club?
or just me

Only you that I've seen. I'm down in the trench at 4318.

I random about 1/2 of my all pick ranked matches, I feel like your MMR measures your ability to pick furion, broodmother, earthspirit (who I enjoy playing), or your ability to counterpick about as much as your skill at the game.

Volvo give me all random ranked MMing!!!!

Is counterpicking common at your level, or are you playing captains draft?

Satch

Banned
i repeat:

Legend Commander
ib29KzUgP4yyNu.gif

my arcana has counted 115 duels won
ib29KzUgP4yyNu.gif

i try to pick her every game, but when the other team gets her before me, i pick Vengeful Spirit. the fumes when i swap a teammate out of a duel and get our team free damage
i9r0S15f2Ll9E.gif

woodland

Man. I hate ranting about stupid teammates since it's tedious and no one cares, but fuck. How do you get to 4k mmr and be so fucking stupid?

Pudge misses every single hook, or doesn't use it. Period. Slardar stuns someone and tries to block them when they're one hp and running at neutrals, so they die because he didn't attack for some reason. Gyro just fucking blows period, while Furion rushes phase without Midas and proceeds to not push for 20 mins.

Finally, Pudge abandons. Seriously how do people not understand how Dota works by this point.

Man. I hate ranting about stupid teammates since it's tedious and no one cares, but fuck. How do you get to 4k mmr and be so fucking stupid?

Pudge misses every single hook, or doesn't use it. Period. Slardar stuns someone and tries to block them when they're one hp and running at neutrals, so they die because he didn't attack for some reason. Gyro just fucking blows period, while Furion rushes phase without Midas and proceeds to not push for 20 mins.

Finally, Pudge abandons. Seriously how do people not understand how Dota works by this point.
maybe 4k is the new trash tier in ranked

Satch

Banned

i care

i love ranting about and reading other peoples rants about shit teammates

it lets me know im not alone

bounchfx

You made that Lich set? I just bought it because I saw it on sale looks so awesome

:D Sweet!!

Bought your lich and bounty set.

Your Bounty set is the best one IMO

BH set is my favorite so far too, and by far the most work of all of them. Which is kind of hilarious because you can't even see half the detail we put in... but I kinda knew that going in.

I have a couple sets planned coming up that should be pretty cool though. We'll see!

bounchfx

actually, on a second note - our Red Moon 'Gama Brothers' courier did get in... but Valve decided not to promote it at all, or something. It's like it didn't even happen. No promo image, no *new* on the store. nothing. :(

we found out that it was added retroactively. Yeah. So if you liked the Gama you can get one here: http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/15381

Oh, and technically it's free, since the ticket price didn't change. I really, really hope they fix the visibility of this. It was a bitch to make lol.

SamVimes

You mean like admiral bulldog and trixi?

Wok

actually, on a second note - our Red Moon 'Gama Brothers' courier did get in... but Valve decided not to promote it at all, or something. It's like it didn't even happen. No promo image, no *new* on the store. nothing. :(

we found out that it was added retroactively. Yeah. So if you liked the Gama you can get one here: http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/15381

Oh, and technically it's free, since the ticket price didn't change. I really, really hope they fix the visibility of this. It was a bitch to make lol.

By the look of it, how are we supposed to know this is good? The marketing on the store for this item is indeed really bad.

I am buying it but I hope it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYjsfFhji2M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom