• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Do I take off work. Do I take off work to go hunt for a game. Do I risk it? The one store won't have any copies, I have no idea if the department store takes reservations.
DAMN YOU NINTENDO.

MMaRsu

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Do I take off work. Do I take off work to go hunt for a game. Do I risk it? The one store won't have any copies, I have no idea if the department store takes reservations.
DAMN YOU NINTENDO.

Go hunt for the game! Bring extra cash!

Cowie

er.. did we know about saving replays before?
I feel like i shouldn't have been as excited about that since nobody else is mentioning it
but i really don't remember it. 3 minutes is a little short, but still..

:lol :lol :lol

I don't understand what's happening here. Sp0rsk seems to have lost his mind and is telling us this through awesome ASCII pictures. I will say that today's update was good, but when I saw it, I expected a statistics area. Ah well, maybe it's else-where.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Syth_Blade22 said:
how the hell have i not seen half of that footage.

like wario at the stadium turning zelda into a trophy.. or something

It's all been seen on the Dojo or gametrailers

Eteric Rice

sp0rsk said:
nomoreopoona.png

HOLY SHIT!

:lol :lol :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
MMaRsu said:
Go hunt for the game! Bring extra cash!
I feel so guilty taking days of. I haven't seen these kids since like November and I won't see them again until they're 2nd graders. :(
I have a conscience! What has happened to me.
Smash is so breaking it though. I haven't had this giddy feeling for a game in a looong tie.

zoku88

BlueSummers said:
I have been here since the beginning although I didnt start posting for awhile. My avatar reminds me to fear Sp0rsk for sure. But at least I will be here at the end. :D
Your avatar reminds me to remind you to stop posting. So creepy T_T

Cowie said:
er.. did we know about saving replays before?
I feel like i shouldn't have been as excited about that since nobody else is mentioning it
but i really don't remember it. 3 minutes is a little short, but still..

It was a secret update in the Target Smash update, I believe.
Sakurai mentioned it without even really acting like he cared.

coreycubed

Neo Member
AceBandage said:
It was a secret update in the Target Smash update, I believe.
Sakurai mentioned it without even really acting like he cared.

various09_071024c.jpg

This is the pause screen.

If you fail, you can pause the game and try again. You can also confirm the overall layout by pausing.

There is another announcement I’d like make simultaneously...

This time, you can view replays. What this means is, the game records what you did in brawls or in Target Smash and lets you review it.

various09_071024d.jpg

You can record about three minutes worth of replay data.

(((lawel stealth update)))

Tim-E

"The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one."

Am I the only one who would actually enjoy a week of him going over each menu?

coreycubed

Neo Member
Tim-E said:
"The top menu contains six different modes, but I’ve decided to introduce the finer points of each mode one by one."

Am I the only one who would actually enjoy a week of him going over each menu?

No, I think it'd be cool, assuming we weren't going to be seeing it all anyways by the time he'd be finished. It's always more fun to hear it from Sakurai, though.

He has already covered Vault and Options, and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection already has its own subsection of game modes, though he may choose to revisit it. We can expect to see a Group and Solo update very soon, I'd bet.

TreIII

XD at all of sp0rsk's shenanigans. I really did NOT expect for him to basically pull out the Opoona ASCII. He's gone plum loco! :lol

...then again....I've probably gone insane too...

*glares at Play-asia yet again*

Capndrake

I noticed the EBA sticker is also on the Japanese site - First confirmation that all regions get stuff from games not released everywhere? Come on StarTropics.

Teasel

RichieRich said:

this is all stuff from the iwata ask so i think it was already covered in the iwata ask thread... also you missed one,sticker gameplay is different for the two region (you can see some EBA and a goron sticker in the japanese one while you can see the shy guy boss from paper mario in the american one)

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Twilight Princess said:
any word on how long SSE is yet?

Longer than Crushed usually stays unbanned for
(about 10 hours give or take)

Honestly though? Nobody knows. The mapscreen shows a percentage complete counter though and up to Skyworld constitutes 3% of the game. So it's safe to say it's going to be fairly hefty at least, a great contrast to the Adventure Mode in Melee.

[Nintex]

Zoramon089 said:
Am i the only one who noticed characters can climb ladders now?! There's gonna be TONS of remakes of the original DK stages
There is an awesome Donkey Kong stage with ladders in the game:D

Argh! NCS just emailed me...

NCSX said:
We have recieved invoices earlier today for this week's upcoming import shipments but please note that there will be a serious shortage of the Wii Dairantou Smash Bros X game. Our Japanese and Hong Kong suppliers have notified us that Nintendo will only ship 25% of the game this week due to a production shortage. For example, if a vendor originally ordered 100 copies of the game, they will only receive 25 copies.

Due to the shortage, we will not be able to fill all of our preorders this week. According to Japanese distributors, additional supplies of the game will be available next week (February 6-7) to fill the remainder of our preorders. We will update our customers over the next couple of days to keep everyone informed as more news is released.

NCS apologies for this problem but we'll try to fill everyone's preorders as soon as possible. Thanks for your attention.

Damn it...

I preordered the second they announced the 2nd delay. I wonder if I hit their cutoff...

Chumly

El Pescado said:

Damn it...

I preordered the second they announced the 2nd delay. I wonder if I hit their cutoff...
Wow wtf? How big is the japanese shipment gonna be now.

coreycubed

Neo Member
Ike said:
This game has everything but the kitchen sink. Oh wait, here it is.

It's SHOWTIME!

Kitchen Sink's Special Moves
Code:
Standard Special Move 	Running Faucet
Side Special Move 	Suds Spray
Up Special Move 	Hose Tether
Down Special Move 	Temperature Change
Final Smash 	        Garbage Disposal

TreIII

El Pescado said:

Damn it...

That really depends on a lot of factors.

If you did it basically the second the delay hit, there may be a shot for you. But, by and large, the earlier you ordered, the better your chances.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Twilight Princess said:
production shortage? great, now nintendo has problems manufacturing discs. i hope this won't happen for NA release >.>
I doubt given the delay until March.

TreIII said:
That really depends on a lot of factors.

If you did it basically the second the delay hit, there may be a shot for you. But, by and large, the earlier you ordered, the better your chances.

Bleh... I imported a Japanese Wii just for this. I really hope I made it in. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom