• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Pescado said:
Argh! NCS just emailed me...

Damn it...

I preordered the second they announced the 2nd delay. I wonder if I hit their cutoff...

damn, they were rumours about this a while ago, sounds real now.

i better pre-order my US copy just in case :S

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Twilight Princess said:
production shortage? great, now nintendo has problems manufacturing discs. i hope this won't happen for NA release >.>
No, it's because they didn't have time to manufacture everything. Basically they ran behind schedule finishing the game and should have pushed it back further, but they only delayed a week to save face. I think that's the reason the NA version was delayed so much more - they needed extra time beyond release to catch up with Japanese demand.

TreIII

El Pescado said:
Bleh... I imported a Japanese Wii just for this. I really hope I made it in. ;_;

The worst that I am expecting is that any one not on the first cut may have to end up waiting another week for more stock to come in.

When you put that in perspective for how the Americans still have to wait basically a month, it's not but SO bad...

...*glares piercing daggers at Play-asia*

Don't fail me now, Play-Asia...! I'm number 23! The number for one Jumpman should be good enough for me to have the other and his friends...right? :lol :lol

TreIII

Hmmm...appears the new thing buzzing around 2ch and niconico is talking about a possible firmware update issue.

sp0rsk, any idea if this is true, or not?

rpgfan16k

flipping_heck said:
uporg1223148.jpg

No one wants it

I do :(

Wow @ kitchen sink :lol

TreIII said:
That really depends on a lot of factors.

If you did it basically the second the delay hit, there may be a shot for you. But, by and large, the earlier you ordered, the better your chances.

So do you think I met the cut with Play-Asia? I ordered from them back in November 18th...

It was the day they opened preorders and I'm sure I made the cut but I'm still worried. I wanna play this on the 31st (US Time) already!

TreIII said:
Hmmm...appears the new thing buzzing around 2ch and niconico is talking about a possible firmware update issue.

sp0rsk, any idea if this is true, or not?

I think the info is on sinobi's blog but I dont really understand it..

jaask

flipping_heck said:
I think the info is on sinobi's blog but I dont really understand it..
Hmmm could it be related to this?

http://kotaku.com/349494/ssbb-shipping-with-showstopper-bug

According to a Japanese game site Super Smash Bros. Brawl is shipping with a minor bug that displays an error message that the game cannot be booted. It is apparently caused by a SSBB software update. However the bug doesn't affect the game and the error can just be ignored.

Jiggy

ShockingAlberto said:
Never doubt NOA's severe incompetence.
Agreed. There will be shortages, people. Know it. Embrace the disheartening truth. :( And preorder.

...at Circuit City, because they're giving out a $10 gift card when you pick up the game. Best deal for a huge game since--well, Mario Galaxy. (I'd go nuts if Toys 'R' Us did the $25 card thing again, actually.)

The Crimson Blur said:
Jiggy is developing multiple personalities. :lol
Such is the life of someone with a degree in creative writing. :D

jamesinclair said:
Maybe for Fire Emblem and Mother, you have to set your game to Japanese, like SSBM. This would also give you the Japanese voices.
I hope so! :eek: I want to play FE, and I'll do so even if it's in a language I don't know.

A Link to the Snitch said:
I want as many characters to get their own stage without them being random stages like SMWYI was for Bowser.
I kind of agree; there are a couple cases where it makes sense to share stages, like Mario/Luigi, or any of the Pokemon characters, but the trend should be shifting toward individuality.

Of course, even if there aren't enough stages, I guess we can always create them... But that's not quite the same as having them there in an official menu. >_>

Cowie

I think all the spoiler bannings just finally drove sp0rsk over the edge, haha.

Incidentally, its really funny to go back and read over the posts he edited spoilers out of, as they now read
'Well, I predict for tomorrow
LKJASFHPOAEWHDLKAFSDJLJH'
and you can just FEEL the frustration in sp0rsk's frantic flailing at his keyboard.

Jiggy

I just went back and saw what the title was all about. Wow. :eek:

We might have Sonic and Snake in our Brawl, but the only games the thread community takes it upon itself to advertise are Star Fox 64, both the Tales of Symphonia games, Earthbound, Fire Emblem 7, and now Opoona. :lol

Edit: I'd post a shoulder shrug picture, but as it is, my picture bandwidth will not survive the rest of this month. D:

Jiggy

:eek:
Wait. :O
The more blocks are occupied, the more ♥statistics♥ the game would be able to track. I'll go running through the streets now. ^__^

Twilight Princess said:
128 blocks? how many megabytes is that?

No clue at all but apparantly SSE takes up 50 different save files:

(click on properties then copy and paste the url to see the pics, dunno why it won't work otherwise)

245105_3.jpg

245105_2.jpg

Maybe that means 50 Characters? :D

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Jiggy37 said:
:eek:
Wait. :O
The more blocks are occupied, the more ♥statistics♥ the game would be able to track. I'll go running through the streets now. ^__^
Statistics would take up virtually nothing, I'm sure it just reserves space for replays and stuff.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
128 blocks, eh?

Now...Sin and Punishment...I know we've had some good times and all....but it's time to move on, you know? Meet other games. But we'll always have the memories, right?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
JohnTinker said:
Here it comes

2dtne5c.jpg

Jeez, right on the start of a new page as well!

I normally try and refrain from posting things like this, but I think it's called for here:

;;;_____________;;; WHY MUST YOU TORMENT US YERPS LIKE THIS!!!!!

Jiggy

Let's think through what the game would need to track.

A flag for every trophy earned, plus quantities of each.
A flag for every sticker, and quantities of those.
Organizations of the stickers on the trophy stands.
Scores for each character in Classic.
Scores for each character in All-Star (if it's back).
Various flags for levels beaten in Subspace Emissary.
Flags for which characters were unlocked.
Scores for individual runs in Target Smash, and then scores for co-op.
Scores for individual runs in Homerun Contest, and then scores for co-op.
Scores for Multi-Man Brawl, individually and co-op.
Statistics for all the characters' battle records against all the other characters.
Individual player names.
Control setups for those players.
Preferred multiplayer settings. (Assuming those are saved this time around instead of always reverrting to default 2:00 Time matches.)
Item switch settings.
Random stage selection settings.

...Hmm. "I've got it!" Maybe the reason for the huge size lies in the created stages and the downloaded stages, since those seem to save directly to the Wii's memory, rather than replays that save to an SD Card. I think that in a certain PSP game that was powered up, the downloadable stages usually took up around 150-250KB each. Granted, they were quite a bit bigger than a Brawl stage, but maybe Sakurai and company wanted to give people room for like 100 stages in order to encourage downloading them regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom