• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

Importers who ordered from NCSX-- what does your status say? I'm fearing my pre-order may be among those that need to wait another week. ;_;

Rindain

Banned
So, there must be a 2ch thread somewhere with impressions, screens, etc...anyone found one yet? Also, as it appears the game has hit the shelves in Japan, is it time for another thread?

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
Rindain said:
So, there must be a 2ch thread somewhere with impressions, screens, etc...anyone found one yet? Also, as it appears the game has hit the shelves in Japan, is it time for another thread?
Never, this thread is legendary.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
coreycubed said:
So that confirms Sora as the developer, doesn't it?

You missed the boat on this one. It was revealed to be Game Arts sometime last week.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean. Well, nevermind. I suppose it does. After all it's only the staff from Game Arts that're part of the dev team, it's not actually Game Arts but their own studio. Which would be Sora I suppose, since Sakurai is heading it.

Jiggy37 said:
I kind of agree; there are a couple cases where it makes sense to share stages, like Mario/Luigi, or any of the Pokemon characters, but the trend should be shifting toward individuality.

Of course, even if there aren't enough stages, I guess we can always create them... But that's not quite the same as having them there in an official menu. >_>

I mean, in my attempts to give everyone a stage, I still come short three, even after giving Ganondorf/Zelda Hyrule Temple, Bowser Mario Circuit, etc. I still want Luigi to have Luigi's Mansion and Dedede have Mt. Dedede :(

Dechaios said:
Importers who ordered from NCSX-- what does your status say? I'm fearing my pre-order may be among those that need to wait another week. ;_;

I called NCSX and they told me they'd let everyone know how many they'd be getting on Wednesday. I don't know when you preordered, but the notice on their site sounds really grim. They're expecting to get 25% of what they originally preordered this week and perhaps enough to fill the rest on February 6th or 7th... =\

gwiz210

Todays the day boys. The day that my favorite arena in any fighting game ever is confirmed to make its return in Brawl.
Peach_castle_stage.gif

Gekkonidae said:
So, by this time tomorrow we should start seeing the first gameplay vids up with characters not yet shown in the Dojo?

probably, and by the end of the week the whole roster, maybe even earlier. You never know with the crazy Japanese (+ Sp0rsk will be inactive on the forums)

Rindain

Banned
Gekkonidae said:
So, by this time tomorrow we should start seeing the first gameplay vids up with characters not yet shown in the Dojo?
Yeah, but if it really is on sale right now in Japan we'll know the full roster today once someone hacks the game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
gwiz210 said:
Todays the day boys. The day that my favorite arena in any fighting game ever is confirmed to make its return in Brawl.
Peach_castle_stage.gif

Wow, it's been so long, I had completely forgotten about this stage. AWESOME triumphant return! If true...

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
I still can't get over the fact that the entire Ouendan cast looks like characters from Full Metal Alchemist. It makes me laugh each time I see it.

gwiz210 said:
Peach_castle_stage.gif
This is my favorite stage from SSB64 as well! :D

PeachCastle.jpg

I would love to see it in Brawl. If not, well we can try to create it in Stage Builder! :D

Jiggy

While I'm thinking about it, as soon as anyone knows what all of the possible powerup types for the stickers are, let me know. :D
I'm compiling a list of how many attacks of each type each character has, so people can use that to figure out how to optimize their sticker setups in Subspace Emissary. Right now all I can do are the characters who were in Melee, and a few sporadic moves from each of the newcomers, but we'll get this working somehow.

shaft said:
doesn't all anime look like eachother? :p
No. There are tons of anime styles I hate. :(

Formless

Nuclear Muffin said:
HOLY SHIT IT'S TRUE, SSBB REALLY DOES USE HAVOK?!?!?!

WTF? I wonder what's gonna happen to the physics in the game?
The boxes and stuff behave differently (Rolling down slopes and stuff), and I guess the attacks have some physics protocol associated with them. The air dodge is now momentum dependent, that could be part of it.

If SSBB has 64 stages, I'll be very sad.

Six Melee stages is all we need.

EDIT: Also, I hate having SMW:YI and Brinstar being those two Melee stages. Why not a Pokémon stage? Like Floats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom