• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Seems like they have been doing the Codemasters bundle in a very long time. Just checked IndieGame Bundle Wiki. It started 2nd Decemeber, so a month now.

Yeah, it's been running for a long time.
Their 'limited' bundle also lasted much longer than they probably expected ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I heard stories of people's amazon accounts getting blocked for international digital purchases, wasn't taking the risk after that.

My understanding is that the only people getting caught in that crossfire are those who purchased items from the recently-launched PSN store. Since it's a joint effort between Amazon and Sony it makes sense that Amazon is more strict about who exactly is purchasing products. Amazon could crack down on international PC DD purchases overnight by simply having its checkout system cross-check a nominated billing address against that on the card being used to pay but this hasn't happened and I'd wager will not happen simply because of just how many international users take advantage of the gaping loophole.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
6 is too much for 4 steam games?
Damn, you make us proud!
Haha, that's R$14.17 for me that I can spend on other games, and I tried to be a little more "when will I realistically play this?"-conscious during this sale. If I didn't already have RSPD 3 I'd most likely grab it all though. :p

This is exactly what I did. Though I'll probably definitely never play them.
Yeah, that's a possibility that influenced my decision too. Who knows if I'll even reach the fourth game!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So no final vote for one more card? They should have just given everyone one. :p

Also, as someone caught up in this Test Drive Unlimited 2 mess, I don't understand how they can continue selling something that has run out of keys. I wonder how long it'll take for them to get stonewalled by Atari before they give in and give refunds.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got any recommendations for the Trackmania series, is it worth picking up and if so which is the best to get?

I heard stories of people's amazon accounts getting blocked for international digital purchases, wasn't taking the risk after that.

A round about way of buying would be to use giftcards. Get yourself a giftcard for the right amount. Redeem the giftcard and purchase the game using a fake address as per normal. With the giftcard dollars in your account, Amazon presumably would not need to do a check for the card so you can purchase "safely".

Nether for £8.99?

Thats tempting but I don't know, it has a similar vibe to The War Z and yeah... DayZ standlone has me covered on that front

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Stump always tends to ModBot as soon as he can when there's a problem, but I believe he's still traveling so there's no way he can do his thing. So, for now

En6AmKb.jpg

Was Remember Me anything other than a community choice vote? I voted for it and made a mental note to check steam in the morning. Unfortunately I missed the window and when I got on and saw it was a top seller I knew it won :( The one time the steam voters come through and I wasn't there...

MachoSuave

Neo Member
Anyone got any recommendations for the Trackmania series, is it worth picking up and if so which is the best to get?.

They're all a little different, I'd recommend them all at the current sale price (75% off). If you're not sure how they play, Nations Forever is the stadium part of United, for free.

If you decide on United though, I picked up an extra copy hoping to gift it, only to find out later the person I was going to gift it to already had it, so I'd be willing to let it go for cheap. Like say, $5.09 cheap, if you were willing to trade it for something off the steam store I've had my eye on. Offer open for anyone else interested too, I guess.

Volcynika

Was Remember Me anything other than a community choice vote? I voted for it and made a mental note to check steam in the morning. Unfortunately I missed the window and when I got on and saw it was a top seller I knew it won :( The one time the steam voters come through and I wasn't there...

Nope, that's the only time it was cheaper.

LogicStep

Just wanted to chime in. I got Valdis Story and it is an amazing game. From what I gather it's a mix of metroidvania style gameplay (wouldn't know, this is my first) and dmc combat. The game is really fun and cheap, grab it while it's hot!

Turfster

He couldn't handle all that Ys!

I totally wanted to win one of those Origins too!

Not on Steam itself. It's been about equivalent in price on GMG and Nuuvem before, but those deals ended before the Steam community vote.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh.
My.
God.

Dawn of Discovery said:
Dawn of Discovery - Venice said:
Anno 1404 said:
Anno 1404: Venice said:

Anno 1404 is going to be patched! It's going to be put back up for sale! MY E-MAIL ACTUALLY WORKED!

dancexioum.gif

The_Monk

I'm going to miss that snow falling on the front page when the sale is over!

December was a good month, I managed to finish quite a selection of games last month, some that were sitting on the Backlog for more than one year so here's hoping I can keep on going during January.

I wonder if there's going to be a nice Humble bundle today. That would be the perfect thing to finish the sale but to be honest it's been a while since I was interested in all the game from a Bundle. Oh and I believe tomorrow we will get some Amazon credit for their selection of games, hope it's something nice too.

fantomena

Anno 1404 is coming back to Steam? YEAH, finally an Annno game without shitty DRM!

*checks store page, sees TAGES*

Oh well, fuck off.

Seems like they have been doing the Codemasters bundle in a very long time. Just checked IndieGame Bundle Wiki. It started 2nd Decemeber, so a month now.

Btw, I have checked how many keys a Deadpool gift costs. 20 keys! That's a lot

holy shit thats a lot. Just bought it for $7.99 from Gamefly two days ago....Probably should've bought more

The_Monk

Anno 1404 is going to be patched! It's going to be put back up for sale! MY E-MAIL ACTUALLY WORKED!

You know this was one title I've been wanting for a long time! Thanks for sharing :) I'm happy that you kept your work Jase! Shame that, it's going to appear near the end of a Sale which means that it's bad news for the Wallet and will have to wait. But either way can't wait for Anno 1404 + Venice.

Turfster

Quick, email Konami to put MGS1 and 2 on Steam.
(Why didn't they put them as preorder bonus for Revengenenenenenence, why?)
MGS 1 PC was published by Microsoft Game Studios.
We're never ever going to see that.

MGS 2 PC was a rather hacky port that relied on old graphic card timings.
Probably too much work to make compatible.
Hell, it wasn't compatible with half the graphics cards back then.

Carm

The sub is universal. Even if Acti added the trading/gifting restriction or created an RU-specific sub, it wouldn't affect you since you already have the game -- there's nothing Acti can do to retroactively screw people over.

Ah, guess I misunderstood that change with gifting, for some reason assumed stuff like that could be retroactive.

http://rash.zz.mu/?link=fdacecb&payment=wmz
I normally dont advertise my sales but I love timeshift...

That link doesn't seem to be working, just stuck at connecting.

Wolfie5

Probably my last purchase on this Winter Sale(cause holiday sale ends in 4 hours?):

Lost Planet™: Extreme Condition - 3,74€
Bionic Commando - 2,49€
Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition DLC - 0,99€
Valdis Story: Abyssal City - 3,49€
Stealth Bastard Deluxe - 2,24€

Total: 12,95€

Zafir

Is there even a vote at the moment? At work so i'm using the android app and the timer for the CC is 00:00:00 plus there isn't any vote.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
MGS 1 PC was published by Microsoft Game Studios.
We're never ever going to see that.

MGS 2 PC was a rather hacky port that relied on old graphic card timings.
Probably too much work to make compatible.
Hell, it wasn't compatible with half the graphics cards back then.
I managed to get MGS2 working with a fan-made patch. It ran well, bad port notwithstanding. I played the entirety of it that way this last year.

Turfster

Two hours to go. I'm on the other side of the country.

Well, it'll be the 3rd when it's standard Steam changeover time ;)

Also, missing 6 cents to be able to buy Blackwell deception. Hnnng, why doesn't my Gilius card sell for exactly that?
Edit: on further checking, those prices are all fucked up. They alternate between 0.08 and 0.09 randomly and my copy for 0.08 is on like, page 5.

I managed to get MGS2 working with a fan-made patch. It ran well, bad port notwithstanding. I played the entirety of it that way this last year.

Oh, it ran pretty well if you hexedited the exe to fake having a Radeon, but still, even that might be too much work for Konami ;)
It didn't have good controller support tho, did it?
Or did they fix the keyboard "here's 50 buttons to emulate all the pressure sensitive stuff on the DS2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom