• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, Ness looks great.

I like that Sakurai is posting how to unlock the secret characters. By the time Brawl comes out in NA, I'll have a method for unlocking all the characters in the most efficient way possible.

Cynar said:
So, judging from the pic's it's ok to talk about the character revealed today even tho their was a spoiler warning? :p
Well, this thread is about Dojo updates, and Sakurai warned us yesterday that there would be spoilers on the site.

Jiggy

Cynar said:
So, judging from the pic's it's ok to talk about the character revealed today even tho their was a spoiler warning? :p
If it isn't, the Dojo thread really is about to die because we'd all be going down. >_> And most of the people who want to avoid spoilers already bailed out of this thread after yesterday, I think.

But I could be totally wrong and be gone in a few moments. :D

Jiggy37 said:
If it isn't, the Dojo thread really is about to die because we'd all be going down. >_> And most of the people who want to avoid spoilers already bailed out of this thread after yesterday, I think.

But I could be totally wrong and be gone in a few moments. :D
Hopefully, Sp0rsk is too busy playing Brawl to notice, or care. ;)

I hope

zaccheus

Banned
its awesome that the new 'clones' not only have revamped A moves like in melee, but the B moves have a completely new set of properties (which wasn't really the case in melee, the differences were quite subtle).

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Iam Canadian, were you the one asking if Bumblebee Ness was returning in Brawl?

Acuz the answer is
YUP!
, confirmed on Smash Boards!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Sciz said:
I can't help but wonder what sp0rsk is going to do for the thread titles now.
Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: ???
Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: He's used to it by now

miyuru

"Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience."

EDIT: Wait guys, was it always March 9th? I was under the impression that it was due in February?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
MrCheez said:

Acuz the answer is
YUP!

Actually, no, I wasn't asking that.

But I'll take any bit of Ness info I can get. :D

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MrCheez said:
Were any of you guys strong enough to remain spoiler-free??? :eek:

I know I wasn't... I thought about trying, but I couldn't take it. I just neeeeeded all the information I could find!

Firestorm

Yeah, last time it was 100 battles for the first character, now it's 5. I'm going to make that spoiler-free unlock guide once this is over.

Rotanibor

HOLY FUCK YES
NESS!

I don't care we all already know about him, this is still the best update ever.

Sakurai said:
You’ll need to log lots of time with him and really know his moves to really put him to good use, I bet.

NOOOOOOOO! I'm taking this badly! He still sucks! Damn it all! SAAAKKUURAAIIII!

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Rotanibor Eht said:
I don't care we all already know about him, this is still the best update ever.

This.

Rotanibor Eht said:
NOOOOOOOO! I'm taking this badly! He still sucks! Damn it all! SAAAKKUURAAIIII!

To be fair, even in Smash 64, Ness took practice to use well. Although I do think that Lucas will be superior gameplay-wise.

Jiggy

"Aha! Thought you could hide from me, eh?" It may have taken 26 character profiles to get to it, but Ness is the first first-party unlockable seen on the Dojo!

"Geez! Can anyone take care of it?" The five least recent update types are now how to play, assist trophy, item, special moves, and adventure mode.

"Use the boost to chase!" The Mother series gets its 7th update, zooming past Kid Icarus, Wario, and Fire Emblem to catch up with Metroid and Metal Gear.

"Let's back up the squadron." Ness joins lonely Zero Suit Samus for characters without a final smash update.

"These guys just keep coming!" Ness also joins Pikachu, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Ice Climbers, and Sheik on the list of characters (at this point all veterans) without special moves updates. And before you say the special moves are in there, just remember what happened with Meta Knight. :p

"Step on the gas!" 11 screenshots in one day lead Ness to advance past Sheik and Squirtle while tying Ivysaur.

"We're gonna break through that fleet!" Lucas joins in on the fun too with 5 screenshots, shooting beyond Snake, Zelda, and Bowser.

"You're on your own, little man." Wario, not to be too neglected, also gets his 100th screenshot.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Jiggy37 said:
"Aha! Thought you could hide from me, eh?" It may have taken 26 character profiles to get to it, but Ness is the first first-party unlockable seen on the Dojo!

"Geez! Can anyone take care of it?" The five least recent update types are now how to play, assist trophy, item, special moves, and adventure mode.

"Use the boost to chase!" The Mother series gets its 7th update, zooming past Kid Icarus, Wario, and Fire Emblem to catch up with Metroid and Metal Gear.

"Let's back up the squadron." Ness joins lonely Zero Suit Samus for characters without a final smash update.

"These guys just keep coming!" Ness also joins Pikachu, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach, Ice Climbers, and Sheik on the list of characters (at this point all veterans) without special moves updates. And before you say the special moves are in there, just remember what happened with Meta Knight. :p

"Step on the gas!" 11 screenshots in one day lead Ness to advance past Sheik and Squirtle while tying Ivysaur.

"We're gonna break through that fleet!" Lucas joins in on the fun too with 5 screenshots, shooting beyond Snake, Zelda, and Bowser.

"You're on your own, little man." Wario, not to be too neglected, also gets his 100th screenshot.

Haha awesome. I sort of dispute the "Ness doesn't have a FS update" thing though, considering Sakurai describes it in Ness' update.

MrCheez said:

Acuz the answer is
YUP!

It was me and I wanted to see if Bumblebee Lucas was there

Jiggy

Danthrax said:
Haha awesome. I sort of dispute the "Ness doesn't have a FS update" thing though, considering Sakurai describes it in Ness' update.
I'll be really surprised if he doesn't get a separate one later, though. Even if I counted it, though, it would be under the unofficial stealth update category.

Innotech said:
my fellow puffster fan is obsessed with Dojo update data :lol

seriously though, kudos for sticking with it.
Got nothing else to do for five weeks! >_>

Innotech

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I'll be really surprised if he doesn't get a separate one later, though. Even if I counted it, though, it would be under the unofficial stealth update category.

Got nothing else to do for five weeks! >_>
this is true. but thats what No More Heroes is for (and several other games)

CassSept

Its nice how there are few ways to unlock every character now:D
I wonder if they will add "how to unlock" to snake and sonic now, though, as it seems they havent added it to them... yet?

Neomoto

Heh, Ness is in after all (I find out yesterday though, but the Dojo updates are far superior and more awesome than half assed spoiler thingies and all I want to know for spoilers is the complete secret character cast (which turned out to be fucking awesome) and stages).

I like the new design and the pop-up. Also, this is a amazing update. Not only a "new" character, but his move set with pictures AND comparison with Lucas, how to unlock and even his Final Smash. Holy shit.

Still, I think Lucas will be far more enjoyable to fight with (don't hate me). Never really cared for Ness to play with actually. He is a nice addition and his stage in Melee is good but just isn't my character of choise to fight with. At all. ;)

YakiSOBA

i played smash on the n64 reliiously, and got pretty darn good (id say) with ness... i never played teh SSB on the gamecube, can someone fill in the gap for me? what has changed with ness that i should expect once i jump into SSBB?

also... i saw some footage about ssb melee in the past and people could "dodge" items being thrown at them if they hit a button a split second before impact... is this the same in brawl?

basically my history is:

N64 SSB ---> ??? ---> Wii SSB, fill in the blank! :)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't it "It's a secret to everyone"?

I like the spoiler warning format of the site now that he is showing secret information. Sakurai really has thought of everything.

EDIT:
*bunch of star fox quotes*
*sigh* cocky little freaks

I am still spoiler free muhahaha

I know of a couple characters but that's about it, haven't been watching any videos or reading any spoilers

*give self a medal*

ahhh pretty pretty dojo, I will not visit you again =O

CassSept

YakiSOBA said:
N64 SSB ---> ??? ---> Wii SSB, fill in the blank! :)
Competitive play in SSBM:
35klv8h.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really like the system that the site is going for with hidden characters. It kind if bothers me that there won't be battles with them if you go the Subspace route, since that's what I'll be doing for the most part, but oh well. Also, if a character has been revealed on the Dojo can we freely post media of them in this thread as long as everything else is on the Dojo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom