• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Thing is, you’re going to have to put that command in pretty darn fast in order for it to work. If you’ve set your taunts to the +Control Pad on your controller, you’ll eventually input the command correctly if you rapidly hammer up and down on the +Control Pad.

MEGATON.

No, really. We didn't know about this and this is the coolest bit of information we've gotten from the Dojo in a long time. >_>

Iam Canadian

Actually, this one quote stuck out a bit.

The story in The Subspace Emissary unfolds with virtually no dialogue. Every so often you might hear a character yell out their trademark battle cry for a particular special move, but for the most part, things move along at a good clip unaided by voiced lines. (I used a similar technique in the Kirby animated series as well.)

This isn't true at all. The characters spoke plenty in the Kirby anime, particularly King Dedede, who wouldn't shut up with his stupid puns. Even Kirby, though he mostly just spoke in baby talk, managed to eke out the occasional word or two.

This is the same in the Japanese version, as seen in this awesome video, which features King Dedede re-enacting the movie Psycho and is probably the greatest scene in any anime, ever.

(I totally did not just want an excuse to link to that video.)

Jiggy

I wonder if there are many more hidden button codes. I mean, imagine if they had something to, like, let you control which cars appear most often in Onett. :eek:

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I wonder if there are many more hidden button codes. I mean, imagine if they had something to, like, let you control which cars appear most often in Onett. :eek:

I wish.

All Runaway Five buses. All the time.

RagnarokX

Iam Canadian said:
Actually, this one quote stuck out a bit.

This isn't true at all. The characters spoke plenty in the Kirby anime, particularly King Dedede, who wouldn't shut up with his stupid puns. Even Kirby, though he mostly just spoke in baby talk, managed to eke out the occasional word or two.

This is the same in the Japanese version, as seen in this awesome video, which features King Dedede re-enacting the movie Psycho and is probably the greatest scene in any anime, ever.

(I totally did not just want an excuse to link to that video.)
I'm going to assume he meant video games. Kirby's Adventure had that whole scene with Dedede trying to stop Kirby from putting the star rod back in the fountain of dreams without dialogue, though there was narration afterwards to explain it...

I think Sonic 3 & Knuckles is a better example.

Iam Canadian

RagnarokX said:
I'm going to assume he meant video games. Kirby's Adventure had that whole scene with Dedede trying to stop Kirby from putting the star rod back in the fountain of dreams without dialogue, though there was narration afterwards to explain it...

Even the games have had dialogue. Revenge of Meta Knight and Milky Way Wishes both had it.

Sciz

And people said the Dojo was worthless now.

Hah!

edit: "Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Spoiler thread pwned"

sp0rsk tells it like it is.

Rindain

Banned
Megaton!

This is awesome. Samus has always been my main. Also, thread title is great :lol

People should never underestimate Sakurai and the GOTF.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
RagnarokX said:
Mistranslation? Or he could be refering only to Kirby himself, who doesn't speak much at all except for nonsense babel.

I think he is clearly talking about kirby, the only really quiet character on the show.

Which is hilarious come to think about it, as before Pit was invited to the Brawl he was the character most known for never shutting up.

Firestorm

It totally should have been ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A though.
Wait. Come to think of it, someone try that with Snake considering he's from Konami. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do this.

Iam Canadian

Firestorm said:
Wait. Come to think of it, someone try that with Snake considering he's from Konami. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do this.

This is a very good idea and I demand that it be tried immediately.

MisterHero

Firestorm said:
Snake already has Codec complete with Colonel, Mei Ling and Otacon and character-specific commentary.

He can't have two hidden easter eggs!

Iam Canadian

MisterHero said:
Snake already has Codec complete with Colonel, Mei Ling and Otacon and character-specific commentary.

He can't have two hidden easter eggs!

Come to think of it, that's how Snake's Codec conversations should have been triggered in the first place.

Jiggy

~Fri-chan! Just a couple weeks ago you were playing so nice with oneechan Thursday-tan and letting her share your spotlight, but now you double updated and went out in front again, 45 official updates to 44. ;_; Geesh, Friday, you can sure be cold for a younger sister...~

~But T-tan still leads in official double update count 7 to 6! Go go girly! ^__^~

~Just like ♪music♪, now there are 24 final smashes. Wait, "final smashes"? I think I better turn those off! They sound so cruel... Very cruel, just like Friday-tan! What? No, Fri-chan, don't give me that look! I won't forgive you, I'll never--oh--I--just can't resist! ;_;~

~The Dojo had 13 adventure modes. Oh, what a sad unlucky sentence... What? I don't mean the 13! Actually, I'm talking about adventures. -_-; Sure, in every adventure the hero has fun, but girls just get captured and hang around chained up in a tower. Like, what's up with that? Oh, and those poor bad guys spend like twenty years making their big evil kingdom, but the good guy comes and totally messes it all up in like a day. What's up with that either? (Or do I mean "What's up with that too?") Well, it's just what I think, anyway. Excuse me for having an opinion!~

w...what's that? oh... i see...

~Guy Mode is telling me not to forget there are 33 total doubles, or something like that. Whatever!~

~As of today--to.day.--Metroid has 8 updates like Star Fox and Donkey Kong. It's kind of like Beauty and the Beast in every way, except totally nothing like it at all because there is nothing attractive about DK or Fox. Or even Samus, actually! -_-; And I liked her so much before they changed her forever in those Prime games... Yes, even the first one!~

~Oh yeah, yeah, like, Ness and Marth need that one kind of update about that one thing I don't like and don't want. I'm not saying any more. (I don't need to! It's already like totally implied somewhere in my post. Teehee. I'm so clever. ^__^)~

~Ja ne! ♥~

edit edit edit edit edit (remember to take out this line when I'm done)

~I almost forgot about Zero Suit Samus because I don't like her, but anyway she's showed up in 53 glamour shots, so she's not tied with Peach and Lucas anymore. That kind of makes sense, right? I can't imagine a space bounty person thing hanging out with a princess and a kid very long...~

Iam Canadian

So it's come to this.

Not only has Jiggy's female side returned, but now the two sides are interacting.

Seriously, Jiggy...dude.

Jiggy

It's not easy coming up with these things, but such is the life of someone with a degree in creative writing. >_>

Also, I didn't know Sakurai had anything to do with the Kirby anime, but I guess that would explain why (at least going by the opinions of most people who've seen it) it turned out decent enough.

Edit: Also, I really like the explanation for why some of the characters won't recognize each other as allies at first, and how looking non-generic isn't sufficient information to go by.

Sciz

On one hand I want to suggest that Jiggy should go read The Grapes of Wrath or Macbeth or something to ground him in proper sanity English again.

On the other hand, I fear that could lead into a Shakespearian statistics post.

RagnarokX

Firestorm said:
↑ ↓ ← → hold B start should unlock Knuckles and Tails plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom