• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 2, 2014

TheZjman

Banned
I think Knack still being in the charts still shows how much people want a PS4. We have people coming into work to buy a solus, but we only have the Knack bundles.

They literally buy it and just trade in Knack straight away. People seem to keep Killzone though.

SmokyDave

I think Knack still being in the charts still shows how much people want a PS4. We have people coming into work to buy a solus, but we only have the Knack bundles.

They literally buy it and just trade in Knack straight away. People seem to keep Killzone though.
Eh, I dunno that Killzone is faring that much better. From CEX:

Knack
WeSell for £30.00
WeBuy for cash £14.00
WeBuy for voucher £20.00
In stock online 1223

Killzone: Shadow Fall
WeSell for £30.00
WeBuy for cash £14.00
WeBuy for voucher £20.00
In stock online 3690

Obviously this isn't exactly scientific, but it's a quick glance at the second hand market at CEX. I guess KZ has sold a lot more unbundled though, so it's only natural there's more pre-owned stock floating around.

Yasir

This seems true. Knack is a straightup trade in for most; or sold on ebay/amazon. And to be brutally honest, that seems to be happening with Killzone too. The One really does have the exclusive launch lineup of choice (quite easily), but people simply want the PS4 and that's something I find amazing.

Krisprolls

Banned
This seems true. Knack is a straightup trade in for most; or sold on ebay/amazon. And to be brutally honest, that seems to be happening with Killzone too. The One really does have the exclusive launch lineup of choice (quite easily), but people simply want the PS4 and that's something I find amazing.

Xbox One launch lineup is overrated, it's not like there were great games either. Ryse or Dead Rising are hardly classics.

People bought their next gen console to play Call of Duty, Battlefield, Fifa or Assassin's Creed. Those games are better on PS4, that's what matters. That, and the fact PS4 is cheaper.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
lol, of course we know that, but we aren't going to stop having fun with it. Post more gifs guys!

Ahhh :D I thought people were being serious. Sorry for getting sensative lol. I love my ps4 and I am a ps4 fan at heart. Knack just looks so sterile. I really don't find its artistic style appealing. Mario is incredible.

Yasir

Xbox One launch lineup is overrated, it's not like there were great games either. Ryse or Dead Rising are hardly classics.

People bought their next gen console to play Call of Duty, Battlefield, Fifa or Assassin's Creed. Those games are better on PS4, that's what matters. That, and the fact PS4 is cheaper.

More easily marketable though. Roman-bloody shit and Zombie-bloody shit; 2 currently very popular mainstream themes in films and TV shows. Then you have Forza 5, which is arguably MS' 2nd biggest franchise after Halo, and the promise of Titanfall in a few months.

What I'm trying to say is, MS launched with big guns against a console with no major exclusive that the mainstream really want and still managed to get outsold significantly. Makes me question how many consoles Titanfall will actually sell.

More easily marketable though. Roman-bloody shit and Zombie-bloody shit; 2 currently very popular mainstream themes in films and TV shows. Then you have Forza 5, which is arguably MS' 2nd biggest franchise after Halo, and the promise of Titanfall in a few months.

What I'm trying to say is, MS launched with big guns against a console with no major exclusive that the mainstream really want and still managed to get outsold significantly. Makes me question how many consoles Titanfall will actually sell.

The mainstream doesn't want Microsoft's exclusives either.

Like he said. PS4 plays CoD, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed and FIFA. And it plays them for less.

SmokyDave

The mainstream doesn't want Microsoft's exclusives either.

PS4 plays CoD, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed and FIFA. And it plays them for less.
Michael Mainstream's got it right this time. BF4, NFS: Rivals and AC4 are definitely the 'stars' of the PS4 launch lineup for me.

AC4 especially. Play it on console, switch it over to handheld, play Kenway's Fleet on my phone when I'm out and about. Killer stuff.

Ironjam

Because wouldnt it lead to people buying a Vita and there have been enough bundles in recent weeks which would of seen the games chart.

Maybe they just download the games from ps+ and dont bother buying games for it.
More likely that remote play isnt selling that many Vitas anyway.

TheZjman

Banned
Still a junior so i can't make a thread, but thread worthy?

X360 actually outsells the PS4.

(Apologize if i'm not allowed to link, i know there are some banned sites but i9 have no idea what they are)

So, the X360 did actually outsell the PS4. Maybe MPL can work some numbers magic?

DrWong

Still a junior so i can't make a thread, but thread worthy?

X360 actually outsells the PS4.

(Apologize if i'm not allowed to link, i know there are some banned sites but i9 have no idea what they are)

So, the X360 did actually outsell the PS4. Maybe MPL can work some numbers magic?

Yeah but the 3DS outsold both, so, a new thread but with what kind of title...? Mmm...

Oh I know! "Vita outsold Wii U!"... :p

The seems to be the original source: http://es.ign.com/forum/threads/base-instalada-ventas-lanzamiento-consolas-espana.192/ ?

Does anyone here have an IGN España forum account to ask the guy where the numbers come from?
Found the numbers two minutes ago and wanted to ask the same question here. ^^

Unless we don't get an official confirmation I take the numbers with a grain of salt.

At least, it doesn't seem to be Chartzzz numbers, I can't find spanish numbers there.

France, 2013 (GfK)

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/ventes-francaises-les-chiffres-de-2013-A128535.html

ventes-francaises-les-chiffres-de-2013-ME3050216810_1.jpg

ventes-francaises-les-chiffres-de-2013-ME3050216811_1.jpg

The Last of Us: 240,000
Gran Turismo 6: 145,000

Top sales (2013 only) per console
PS4: FIFA 14 (+100,000)
Wii U: Super Mario 3D World (80,000)
XBO: Forza 5 (+30,000)
Vita: FIFA 14 (30,000)

TheZjman

Banned
I don't know if anyone finds this interesting or not, but to give an indication of charts next week, maybe.

We are the biggest store in our region, and we just got our stock for Mario Party in.

We got seven copies. I am not even joking.

noobie

Banned
I don't know if anyone finds this interesting or not, but to give an indication of charts next week, maybe.

We are the biggest store in our region, and we just got our stock for Mario Party in.

We got seven copies. I am not even joking.

How many copies of FIFA 14 on PS4 and XBO you sell in a week.? just want to see how massive is the shipment. :)

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member

This post is hilarious. Killzone is outselling all of microsofts 'big guns'. Pretty good for a system with no major exclusive.

noobie

Banned

Question is that if MS is loosing after all these big guns then what MS will do when Sony will launch its long line of big guns from GT 7, to Uncharted 4, to GOW or new IP to TLOU 2 or new IP.?

I am wandering how massive a leap in lead Sony will be able to take then.?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
France, 2013 (GfK)

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/ventes-francaises-les-chiffres-de-2013-A128535.html

ventes-francaises-les-chiffres-de-2013-ME3050216811_1.jpg

Pokemon XY 530k c'est bien :) Je suis même surpris, très bon résultat!

Super Mario 3D World 80k! Awww.. It's a start!

Nintendo has 3 of the top 10 best-selling titles in France, good on 'em. Quite the opposite from the U.K. market. France and Germany are very important markets for Nintendo as seen by this chart.

noobie

Banned
Roughly two months after its American launch, the PlayStation 4 is now available in India for Rs. 39,990. Stores like Landmark, Games the Shop and Game4U all had organised midnight launches for Sony’s next generation console, and unsurprisingly, the PS4 was sold out at most of these stores by around 1:00 AM. In fact, there is a shortage of hardware throughout the country, but new stock is expected soon.

Atindriya Bose, head of PlayStation India was pretty pleased with the launch overall, and here’s what he had to say,

"It was great to have a midnight launch for the PS4 in India across 10 cities and about 35 different retailers. The overwhelming response and the interest in the PS4 was reflected by the crowds that poured in to pick up their consoles as the clock struck 12.
I wander if the total amount of PS4 sold is more than 1000 in 35 different retailers?

PS4 sold out in India too

TheZjman

Banned
How many copies of FIFA 14 on PS4 and XBO you sell in a week.? just want to see how massive is the shipment. :)

Very little, still haven't sold out of our first shipment at launch.

It's a weird one. XBO owners didn't need to buy it and PS4 owners pretty much bought it at launch.

Yasir

Question is that if MS is loosing after all these big guns then what MS will do when Sony will launch its long line of big guns from GT 7, to Uncharted 4, to GOW or new IP to TLOU 2 or new IP.?

I am wandering how massive a leap in lead Sony will be able to take then.?

Exactly. This is also what I'm wondering lol. Thanks for finishing my post off!

Yasir

This post is hilarious. Killzone is outselling all of microsofts 'big guns'. Pretty good for a system with no major exclusive.

Your face is hilarious :p

I kid, as the prodigy explained, its a popular pack in and its being traded in.

Edit: its a PAL thread, and I'm discussing UK sales only with my posts.

TheZjman

Banned
Exactly. This is also what I'm wondering lol. Thanks for finishing my post off!

It's going to be too close to call. Xbox One over the summer is going to be selling better i reckon - because of Titanfall.

Everyone i talk too who has a PS4 are like but we're getting inFAMOUS though! But the replay value of that isn't going to be high, unlike Titanfall. and besides from inFamous, what has the PS4 got all year? I know #DRIVECLUB is going to be around at some point.

Given how big CoD etc is, Titanfall will be pretty huge i suspect.

I know my current plans are just play it March until September when Destiny comes out.

France, 2013 (GfK)

Great, thank you. :)

Pokemon XY
Jap.: 4.176.000
USA: 2.350.000
EUR: 530.000

Total: 7.056.000

That's without December NPD and other european sales. Game should've sold >10.000.000 in Q4.

Mario 3D World
Jap.: 485.000
USA: 215.000
EUR: 80.000

Total: 780.000

That's without December NPD and other european sales. Game should've sold >1.000.000 in Q4.

UK top 100 (2013)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-100-best-selling-boxed-games-of-2013/0126802

1. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
2. FIFA?14 (EA)
3. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
4. Battlefield 4 (EA)
5. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
6. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
7. FIFA?13 (EA)
8. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
9. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
10. The Last of Us (Sony)
11. Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros)
12. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
13. Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
14. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
15. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
16. BioShock Infinite (2K?Games)
17. Killzone: Shadow Fall (Sony)
18. Need for Speed: Rivals (EA)
19. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
20. Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
21. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
22. Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
23. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
24. Disney Infinity (Disney)
25. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros)
26. Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
27. Pokémon X (Nintendo)
28. WWE 2K14 (2K?Games)
29. Pokémon Y (Nintendo)
30. Dead Island: Riptide (Deep Silver_
31. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
32. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
33. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
34. Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
35. Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
36. Crysis 3 (EA)
37. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
38. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
39. Football Manager 2014 (Sega)
40. Dead Space 3 (EA)
41. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
42. Gran Turismo 6 (Sony)
43. Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft)
44. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
45. Sonic/All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
46. Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros)
47. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
48. Grand Theft Auto Episodes: Liberty City (Rockstar)
49. God of War: Ascension (Sony)
50. F1 2013 (Codemasters)
51. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
52. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
53. Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
54. Dead Rising 3 (Microsoft)
55. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
56. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
57. Red Dead Redemption: GOTY (Rockstar)
58. Battlefield 3 (EA)
59. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo)
60. Grid 2 (Codemasters)
61. Diablo III (Blizzard)
62. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
63. SimCity (EA)
64. The Sims 3 (EA)
65. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
66. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo)
67. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
68. Angry Birds Star Wars (Activision)
69. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Legendary (Bethesda)
70. WWE '13 (THQ)
71. Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Sony)
72. Sonic Generations (Sega)
73. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
74. Dead Island GOTY Edition (Deep Silver)
75. Defiance (Trion Worlds)
76. Borderlands 2 (2K?Games)
77. Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)
78. Beyond Two Souls (Sony)
79. Ryse: Son of Rome (Microsoft)
80. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
81. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (EA)
82. Knack (Sony)
83. Moshi Monsters: Moshling’s Theme Park (Mind Candy)
84. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
85. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Warner Bros)
86. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney)
87. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
88. Payday 2 (505 Games)
89. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (Konami)
90. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (Nintendo)
91. The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
92. Batman: Arkham City – GOTY (Warner Bros)
93. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
94. New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
95. DMC (Capcom)
96. Metro Last Light (Deep Silver)
97. Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo)
98. NBA 2K14 2K?Sports
99. The Sims 3: University Life – EA
100. Resident Evil 6 – Capcom

UK vs France

BeGpoQCCAAEdNNe.png

DarkMehm

That's without December NPD and other european sales. Game should've sold >10.000.000 in Q4.

Doubtful. Even if it sold 1 million in the December NPD (which is unrealistic), it would need to have another 2 million from the rest of the world, in which Pokemon is in a serious decline since at least D/P. I'm pretty sure X/Y will continue this trend and will come short of B/W and be the new last place holder.

It could be though that Nintendo shipped that many units until the end of the year.

Bruno MB

UK vs France

BeGpoQCCAAEdNNe.png

Here's the German (All Formats 2013) Top 10 in case you want to include it in your comparison table.

1. Grand Theft Auto V
2. FIFA 14
3. Call of Duty: Ghosts
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
5. Battlefield 4
6. FIFA 13
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
8. The Last of Us
9. Crysis 3
10. Far Cry 3

P.S. Thanks for the French sales numbers.

noobie

Banned
UK top 100 (2013)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-100-best-selling-boxed-games-of-2013/0126802

1. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
2. FIFA?14 (EA)
3. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
4. Battlefield 4 (EA)
5. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
6. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
7. FIFA?13 (EA)
8. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
9. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
10. The Last of Us (Sony)
11. Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros)
12. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
13. Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
14. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
15. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
16. BioShock Infinite (2K?Games)
17. Killzone: Shadow Fall (Sony)
18. Need for Speed: Rivals (EA)
19. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
20. Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
21. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
22. Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
23. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
24. Disney Infinity (Disney)
25. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner Bros)
26. Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
27. Pokémon X (Nintendo)
28. WWE 2K14 (2K?Games)
29. Pokémon Y (Nintendo)
30. Dead Island: Riptide (Deep Silver_
31. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
32. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
33. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
34. Luigi's Mansion 2 (Nintendo)
35. Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
36. Crysis 3 (EA)
37. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
38. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
39. Football Manager 2014 (Sega)
40. Dead Space 3 (EA)
41. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
42. Gran Turismo 6 (Sony)
43. Forza Motorsport 5 (Microsoft)
44. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
45. Sonic/All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
46. Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros)
47. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
48. Grand Theft Auto Episodes: Liberty City (Rockstar)
49. God of War: Ascension (Sony)
50. F1 2013 (Codemasters)
51. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
52. Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
53. Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
54. Dead Rising 3 (Microsoft)
55. Forza Horizon (Microsoft)
56. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
57. Red Dead Redemption: GOTY (Rockstar)
58. Battlefield 3 (EA)
59. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo)
60. Grid 2 (Codemasters)
61. Diablo III (Blizzard)
62. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo)
63. SimCity (EA)
64. The Sims 3 (EA)
65. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
66. LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo)
67. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
68. Angry Birds Star Wars (Activision)
69. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Legendary (Bethesda)
70. WWE '13 (THQ)
71. Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition (Sony)
72. Sonic Generations (Sega)
73. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)
74. Dead Island GOTY Edition (Deep Silver)
75. Defiance (Trion Worlds)
76. Borderlands 2 (2K?Games)
77. Dishonored (Bethesda Softworks)
78. Beyond Two Souls (Sony)
79. Ryse: Son of Rome (Microsoft)
80. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
81. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (EA)
82. Knack (Sony)
83. Moshi Monsters: Moshling’s Theme Park (Mind Candy)
84. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)
85. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Warner Bros)
86. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney)
87. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
88. Payday 2 (505 Games)
89. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (Konami)
90. Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (Nintendo)
91. The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
92. Batman: Arkham City – GOTY (Warner Bros)
93. Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo)
94. New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
95. DMC (Capcom)
96. Metro Last Light (Deep Silver)
97. Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo)
98. NBA 2K14 2K?Sports
99. The Sims 3: University Life – EA
100. Resident Evil 6 – Capcom

UK vs France

BeGpoQCCAAEdNNe.png

How much The Last of US sold in UK?

system11

Interesting how all the PS4 versions are holding or rising, all the XBO versions are doing the opposite. Presumably this is due to the supply issues with PS4 and what we're seeing is more new owners why the XBO has pretty much had its sales period.

system11

This is how I feel about it too, exclusives in the scheme of things just aren't that big of a deal. 4 in 5 games I play are multi-platform, so I buy the machine that runs multi-platform games better. AC4 was better than any of the exclusives just as an example, probably better than all of them put together.

DrWong

According to Philippe Lavoué from Nintendo France:

- Wii U sold 178K in 2013 in France. Install base is now at 300K.
- SM3DW sold 98K (difference is probably digital sales)
- There's potential. Based on their marketing researches there are 10M people interested in MK8. In France.
- Surprises (on Wii U) are coming this year.
- 3DS sold more than 1M in 2013. Software sales are 64% up YoY.
- 2DS sold 180K (don't know if included, I guess yes, in the number above)

Feel free to create a thread if you think it deserves one.

According to Philippe Lavoué from Nintendo France:

- Wii U sold 178K in 2013 in France. Install base is now at 300K.

- SM3DW sold 98K (difference is probably digital sales)
- There's potential. Based on their marketing researches there are 10M people interested in MK8. In France.
- Surprises (on Wii U) are coming this year.
- 3DS sold more than 1M in 2013. Software sales are 64% up YoY.
- 2DS sold 180K (don't know if included, I guess yes, in the number above)

Feel free to create a thread if you think it deserves one.
Thanks DrWong.

According to this the Wii U sold 113.500 units in December + half of November.

That's 64% of the yearly total.

Last Update: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725491&highlight=

Considering the GfK numbers:

France Digital Sales:
Pokemon X Y: 54.000
Super Mario 3D World: 18.000

Code:
Month	    Wii U

Nov 12		+
Dec 12	  110.507

Jan 13		+
Feb 13		+
Mar 13		+
Apr 13		+
May 13	   36.685
Jun 13	    3.242
Jul 13		+
Aug 13		+
Sep 13	  	+
Oct 13		+
Nov 13	   25.566	*mid of November
Dec 13

Total	  175.000

Edit: I need to check the numbers, if it sold 110.507 in 2012, I don't get 300.000 if I add 178.000 units.

Edit 2: Maybe the 300.000 includes the first weeks of January. Therefore, Wii U could have sold 12.000 units this month. Far better than last year.

Top Bottom