• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sakamoto desu ga? 09

M2KeVfa.png

Such a deep chapter.

kasane

Honeymoon salad End

I kinda hate the ending yet i like it too but w/e.

Slam dunk End

Re-read it and i forget how i hate Haruko, i mean here character was ok but i got tired of her shenanigans. Also the ending is just heartbreaking, the picture not being used was the final nail in the coffin.

Quasar

As fine as the new acquisitions are, I wish they would make some more efforts in filling the back catalogs of their current lineup.

They are getting to the point where its worth me paying for CR Manga. The thing holding me back though continues to be that when they add a series midstream I can't read from the start through CR. Sure I understand the practicalities of them not able to dump potentially hundreds of translated back issues on their service, but it makes the service problematic for new readers.

They are getting to the point where its worth me paying for CR Manga. The thing holding me back though continues to be that when they add a series midstream I can't read from the start through CR. Sure I understand the practicalities of them not able to dump potentially hundreds of translated back issues on their service, but it makes the service problematic for new readers.

Im still waiting for the King's Game: origin chapters to be added from last week :(

kasane

is CR's manga service included with the premium membership for anime?

So I skimmed some of the later chapters of KNIM on Crunchyroll for the lols and I within that time 3 different chicks propositioned him. My roommate (who actually read it) told me the rest of the story and why do people read this stuff? It reminded me of Good Ending with terrible relationship drama garbage. Why do people read this stuff?

Soma

Sakamoto desu ga? 09

Not the best chapter but managed to be highly entertaining even with Sakamoto "gone" for most of the chapter.

The Voynich Hotel 60

yesssss it's back

Horimiya 30

d'awww

I had thought the new girl would be annoying as shit but this actually turned out to be a really sweet chapter.

Cerity

Oyasumi PunPun

Oyasumi ;_;
ending was a bit too good for what he did though, only probation for a year?

Yubisaki Milk Tea
Nice take on gender mis-identity, ended pretty suddenly though. The smutty-ness of it took away from what it could have been though IMO.

Senyuu 2 50

P6dbGVgl.jpg

The face of knowing it is time for the last battle.

Senyuu 2 51

xJrv2Ckl.jpg

Not being ready, what's the worst that can happen.

Senyuu 2 52

y27Bzuvl.jpg

Eh, who cares about saving the king.

Kieli

Yes, its also basically a buy 2 get 1 free as the cost of anime and manga also gets you the live action shows

Uh, what? Are you talking about the premium membership?

It wouldn't make sense for manga membership to get anime when anime membership (being more expensive) does not give you manga...

Cerity

Mission! School 1- 10
nbiVZdE.png

pretty much sums up the series. Loaded with gags and cliches but it's stupid and silly fun. Fresh after finishing series like oyasumi pun pun.

wonzo

Banned
7 Seeds 36-41

I… can't remember the last time a piece of fiction made me feel so uncomfortable and disturbed (and i read the shit outta ero/guro ffs) like this volume did, and what's even worse is this arc isn't even finished yet. The way it just slowly peels back the somewhat idyllic layers of this compound to reveal just how fucking morally, ethically, and socially fucked up this whole situation is is just…

I feel sick.

That mysterious teacher's totally the weird guy in Team Summer B isn't he?

LeleSocho

Banned
Mob Psycho 46-52
ONE confirmed to be the best ignorant-battle-shonen mangaka, he only needs various Muratas that makes his works with great art and you have stuff that could sell tons.
Right now Mob is even more interesting than OPM.

7 Seeds 36-41

I… can't remember the last time a piece of fiction made me feel so uncomfortable and disturbed (and i read the shit outta ero/guro ffs) like this volume did, and what's even worse is this arc isn't even finished yet. The way it just slowly peels back the somewhat idyllic layers of this compound to reveal just how fucking morally, ethically, and socially fucked up this whole situation is is just…

I feel sick.

That mysterious teacher's totally the weird guy in Team Summer B isn't he?

oh man. oh man oh man oh man. there's more :D

one_kill

So I skimmed some of the later chapters of KNIM on Crunchyroll for the lols and I within that time 3 different chicks propositioned him. My roommate (who actually read it) told me the rest of the story and why do people read this stuff? It reminded me of Good Ending with terrible relationship drama garbage. Why do people read this stuff?
It's garbage, yeah. The author's prolonging it too with stupid shit.

DarkMehm

Oyasumi Punpun 1-38

At first I couldn't take this serious, but it is getting slowly better. Are they really bird-like creatures or is it some meta-thing where you have to put yourself in his place? I'm still at the point where I would have preferred real human characters as the Punyamas (or Onoderas).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oyasumi Punpun 1-38

At first I couldn't take this serious, but it is getting slowly better. Are they really bird-like creatures or is it some meta-thing where you have to put yourself in his place? I'm still at the point where I would have preferred real human characters as the Punyamas (or Onoderas).

Think of it as a metaphor for the characters. You'll understand it more as you read through it.

Okay what the hell?
Crunchyroll is constantly getting new manga, but Viz is stuck with the same stuff and constantly finding excuses not to translate new series.
That's all Viz seems to be good at is making excuses. If they would just believe in the product and find ways for it to succeed rather than made up reasons it can't, we could have so much more. They don't even have advertisements in their physical releases anymore.

And Kodansha needs to stop sitting on that Koe O Kotanchi license. Shit is lighting up Japan. It can be huge here.

DarkMehm

Karate Minoru 1-180

This started very promising, but as the chapters went by I understood why this never was in any sales charts and isn't that popular online. It had so much potential, but ultimately failed in most aspects. Where are the small training arcs a la Ippo? Why can't we see how Minoru gets stronger and stronger? It just appears so that he is much better going from one chapter to the other. Why are side characters introduced and later forgotten? Plus, I found it very weird that the actions of a rapist got brushed off as it was nothing. Yeah, it is fiction, but even in fiction I found it uneasy.

This could have been the Ippo of Martial Arts. In the end it is still solid though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
17 SAI

Horrific. Utterly, and incredibly horrific.

Shit like this makes me want to support death penalty. The worst thing is, the manga was actually sugarcoating the real crime that happened in the real world, including the fate of the utter sub-human piece of shit trash that committed the crime. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Mayo Chiki 34
Well it finally happened. It was a sweet resolution though expected. At least this manga finally had the protagonist choosing someone

That's all Viz seems to be good at is making excuses. If they would just believe in the product and find ways for it to succeed rather than made up reasons it can't, we could have so much more. They don't even have advertisements in their physical releases anymore.

And Kodansha needs to stop sitting on that Koe O Kotanchi license. Shit is lighting up Japan. It can be huge here.

Didnt realize viz was disliked so much, at least they can bring stuff to print, and havent stopped a series release in years without finishing. Though maybe Im biased since they have soma and are delivering on the JUMP SQ front...if they can get Fantasma too..

Akito

17 SAI

Shit like this makes me want to support death penalty. The worst thing is, the manga was actually sugarcoating the real crime that happened in the real world, including the fate of the utter sub-human piece of shit trash that committed the crime. Makes me sick to my stomach.
For a probably more realistic take on the story read Waita Uziga's High School Girl in Concrete. Yep, that's how fucked up this was.
I guess 17 Sai is supposed to be how everyone would have had the story to turn out, with the girl still alive and the perpetrators locked up for good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
17 SAI

Whao, which incident was this?

I haven't read the manga, but I'm just curious.

Didnt realize viz was disliked so much, at least they can bring stuff to print, and havent stopped a series release in years without finishing. Though maybe Im biased since they have soma and are delivering on the JUMP SQ front...if they can get Fantasma too..
They are disliked since they sit on basically al Shueisha and Shogakukan properties. All they do is make excuses why they won't release certain books here. You should've experienced it, they do it all the time kn the podcast.

Gvaz

Banned
17 SAI

Now I have to read it. Smut owns.

dramatis

It's not like I would recommend it to anyone, Laughing Banana should know if he can handle a non-sugarcoated version of the incident.
I'm pretty sure Laughing Banana actually read it before, I think?

If he did he might have wiped it from his memory. I know I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom