• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Import |OT| aka waifu climax

baekshi

Banned
15592594420_757f0ddb2f_o.png

Information:
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is a two-dimensional fighting game, in which two players fight against each using both a playable fighter character and an assist character. Fighting uses three main attack buttons; weak, medium, and strong, and a support button used for summoning a player's assist character. After an assist character is summoned, players will need to rebuild their support gauge before they can summon them again. By building the Climax Gauge with attacks, players can perform powerful Impact Skill attacks, and can also use Blast Icons to perform Blast Attacks, allowing them to escape from combos.

The Playstation version features an original story campaign, Dream Duel Story, and online multiplayer, and supports cross-save functionality between the PS3 and Vita versions. Samples from the represented light novel series are also included as unlockable content

Support Characters:
A Certain Magical Index:
Accelerator and Last Order
Tōma Kamijō

Accel World:
Haruyuki Arita

Black Bullet:
Enju Aihara

Boogiepop series:
Boogiepop

Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan:
Dokuro Mitsuaki

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko:
Erio Tōwa

Durarara!!:

Celty Sturluson

Golden Time:

Kōko Kaga

Kino's Journey:
Kino

Oreimo:

Kuroneko

Ro-Kyu-Bu!:

Hinata Hakamada

Shakugan no Shana:

Wilhelmina Carmel

Spice and Wolf:
Holo

Strike the Blood :
Kojou Akatsuki

Sword Art Online:

Leafa

The Devil Is a Part-Timer!:

Sadao Maō

The Irregular at Magic High School:

Tatsuya Shiba

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou:

Mashiro Shiina

Toradora!:

Ryūji Takasu

Valkyria Chronicles:

Alicia Melchiott

Virtua Fighter:
Pai Chan

Gallery:

JjBQnZE.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Played the arcade version last week, but I didn't find it fun enough to buy the console version. :(

Shun

Played the arcade version last week, but I didn't find it fun enough to buy the console version. :(

After Blade Arcus from Shining came out, I lost all hope in Sega's ability to make a decent fighting game ever again. At least until they release a good Virtua Fighter.

xero273

After Blade Arcus from Shining came out, I lost all hope in Sega's ability to make a decent fighting game ever again. At least until they release a good Virtua Fighter.

i think sega is only the publisher for this. Think french bread is the developer

Ventara

I wish some of those support characters had been playable. Anyways, they certainly have a lot of characters from different anime. They even have Kino.

Kumubou

Honestly, one of the best things about the game are the stages, which are (for some inexplicable reason) all pulled from Sega games. That and the core development was handled by French Bread (Melty Blood, Under Night In-Birth), so the game is... competent, even though it's very simple. The game's combos so easy even I can't drop them! (Seriously, your autocombo is the optimal combo about 80% of the time.) It's really designed for people who just want to play their waifu against other waifus and find fighting games, even ones that try to simplify the genre (like Aquapazza and Divekick) too hard.

Astarte

honestly, a game that lets you beat up Kirino is absolutely brilliant

But isn't Kirino supposed to be good in this game? :O

Hope onii-sama is OP in this xD

Edit: only supporting character :(

Boogiepop and Kino are also supporting characters ._.

If you have questions about the game, #1 Kirino fan @Tsuntenshi is a good person to ask.

Brett will be hosting and streaming an open registration DFC netplay tournament this upcoming Sunday.

I'll totally strap my ass to brett's stream then. I should really subscribe to him, he's pretty cool

Shun

Ding ding ding.

Wait wait wait, really?

If it plays anything like UNIBEL or Melty Blood that has me sorta interested.

I don't really like any of their LNs other than maybe DRRR! and that's only because Yasuda does the art. Would it be worth picking this up?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Chances of this getting localized are in the negatives. Will grab Vita version on sale hopefully.

Tizoc

If anyone wants to see some high level footage, check up the game a-cho channel on Youtube, and search for the game's title there.

umzY4kJ.png

I wanted to main Miyuki :(

I just hope they rebalance with some updates.

Also, any footage of the console version on YT? O footage os the PSV version? (the one im buying)

I want to import but with smash and mario kart dlc and hyrule warriors dlc I'm not sure I'll be playing it much at all =( Plus I need a stick. I might wait for a price drop or to see if there will be a turbo edition of sorts.

Also, Tenori no Taiga low tier? Blasphemous!

So I need to main Kirino because my friend absolutely hates her and I find that hilarious to beat him using her.

Now where's dem combos and training room (and everything else) translations.

Tizoc

Any easy way to buy on digital lol? Maybe I'll get it someday.

It MIGHT be on Asia PSN, in which case, get PSN cash codes for that region off Play asia or such website and download it to your PS3.
You can play it on your US or whatever account on your PS3 just fine.

I hope this game is a success.

More than anything I hope the main feedback outside of technical balancing is "We want the support characters to be playable!"

It's 348HKD on the Hong Kong store.

(I hate my life so much right now)

I believed in you :(
joking

Also no way of knowing and if there was a precedent for a chance of it no being there then going with the jp store was the better bet, shits happens.

Though if you want to feel bad then just know I'm on neogaf instead of beating up Mikoto because of you lol.

Uraizen

Banned
Wait wait wait, really?

If it plays anything like UNIBEL or Melty Blood that has me sorta interested.

I don't really like any of their LNs other than maybe DRRR! and that's only because Yasuda does the art. Would it be worth picking this up?

Yup, they're the sole reason I have even a shred of interest in this game, even if it's meant to be simple. Their games are fun and I like fun, it's a perfect match.

---

For the record, I agree with you. After Blade Arcus looks like a shit game.

Shinriji

Game was shipped tuesday, hopefully I will receive it next week. But Taiga playable and not Koko? such insolence.

If anyone want to play some matches (vita) - PSN - Shinriji

ZoddGutts

i think sega is only the publisher for this. Think french bread is the developer

Develop by French Bread but directed by the guy who directed Valkyria Chronicles

During Dengeki Festival event among various announcements was an announcement that the original Valkyria Chronicles staff was leading the project for Sega developed Fighting Climax crossover fighter. The producer for the game is Ryutaro Nonaka and the director is Takaharu Terada both of whom served as producer and director for Valkyria Chronicles respectively. Sega released a new trailer for the game which also showed Valkyria Chronicles stage.

http://gearnuke.com/valkyria-chronicles-staff-working-segas-dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax/

Apparently Akira and Selvaria are Arcade unlocks. Beat them in Arcade when they appear as the final boss.

Akira is the usual boss. Selvaria pops in when you finish most rounds with supers.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Wish this was cross-play. But since it's not, I ordered it on PS3 and Vita. Should have the package today.

Was looking forward to beating up Kirino, but I may end up using her. -_-

Have never seen Toradora (or read/watched most of the stuff in this game, for that matter) but I like the moves that Taiga has. Ditto for the Durarara! dude.

Top Bottom