• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Import |OT| aka waifu climax

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Was going to buy this as a French Bread (and Asuna) fan but realized I don't really have time to get into fighters hardcore right now. Will maybe jump in in a few years if the franchise manages to stay around that long.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dokoro & Accelerator being support is so disappointing, but at least they actually made it in. Maybe if a sequel happens, some support characters will get upgraded to playable.

Might get the Vita version eventually (unless there's DLC to which I'll get PS3), but kind of hope someone translates it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got the game.

Started up the Vita version and it froze at the initial loading screen, then caused all the games icons to disappear when I quit out. It then froze my Vita when I restarted the system and this continued to happen when I ejected the cart. Off to a good start, lol.

I can't check for updates where I am and will have to wait until I get home. Really hope there is a day one patch for this. :/

Sitrus

Was going to buy this as a French Bread (and Asuna) fan but realized I don't really have time to get into fighters hardcore right now. Will maybe jump in in a few years if the franchise manages to stay around that long.

It's quite casual as far as I've played. Vita version with no problems and the dpad is better for me than the ps3 one.

Good to see Kirino as top tier. Fitting as she's the best character in the game and in one of the best anime of all time, especially season 2.

Silky

Banned
umzY4kJ.png

I wanted to main Miyuki :(

I just hope they rebalance with some updates.

Also, any footage of the console version on YT? O footage os the PSV version? (the one im buying)

>Shizuo bottom tier.

3180440073_1_12_1xEXLgcO.gif

There's the only character I cared about then.

Lyte Edge

Got the game.

Started up the Vita version and it froze at the initial loading screen, then caused all the games icons to disappear when I quit out. It then froze my Vita when I restarted the system and this continued to happen when I ejected the cart. Off to a good start, lol.

I can't check for updates where I am and will have to wait until I get home. Really hope there is a day one patch for this. :/

It's working now!

Seems like a good Vita port. The character sprites look a little...squished (reminds me of how the BlazBlue PSP/3DS ports looked), but the controls are super responsive and the load times are very quick. No BBCP/Arcana Heart 3 LM level garbage load times here! Interested to see what it looks like on a Vita TV.

Will get a chance to mess with it during my lunch break. Maybe I can get someone here to try the PS3 version with me, but that's doubtful!

Puru

I'll always remember this game as the one where i could have kicked Kirino's ass with Dokuro.
Too bad they managed to ruin all my dreams.

Taiga looks cool though, that drop kick.

Shinriji

Seems like a good Vita port. The character sprites look a little...squished (reminds me of how the BlazBlue PSP/3DS ports looked), but the controls are super responsive and the load times are very quick. No BBCP/Arcana Heart 3 LM level garbage load times here! Interested to see what it looks like on a Vita TV.

That's good to know.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah, wasn't Dreamcast-tan in this? I remember a trailer showing her for a few seconds, but that was it. Don't think she's playable, though...would've been awesome if she was, using different Dreamcast game-themed attacks.

Lyte Edge

This is definitely a more simplistic fighting game. Characters only have a few moves each and all of the special moves are done with QCF/QCB motions. But there's enough variations in the light/medium/heavy attacks, other character abilities, and the assist characters to make things not feel so bare bones. There's an auto combo-into-super you can do with the light attack that is ripped right from Persona 4 Arena. In fact, I'd describe this game as a simplified version of that. The game seems pretty fun but I do wonder how long it will last. A game like this needs a larger roster-- would have much rather have seen all those assist characters fully-playable. The characters that are playable do feel pretty varied, at least, although there are a bit too many "throw random object" projectiles in the game.

Also seems weird to me that a game about various light novel/manga/anime characters fighting each other takes place in Sega-themed backdrops. Would have been awesome having characters from Phantasy Star Online 2, Shinobi, Nights, Sonic, etc. as playable characters. Akira and Selvaria are a good start though.

This is definitely a more simplistic fighting game. Characters only have a few moves each and all of the special moves are done with QCF/QCB motions. But there's enough variations in the light/medium/heavy attacks, other character abilities, and the assist characters to make things not feel so bare bones. There's an auto combo-into-super you can do with the light attack that is ripped right from Persona 4 Arena. In fact, I'd describe this game as a simplified version of that. The game seems pretty fun but I do wonder how long it will last. A game like this needs a larger roster, for starters.

Also seems weird to me that a game about various light novel/manga/anime characters fighting each other takes place in Sega-themed backdrops. Would have been awesome having characters from Phantasy Star Online 2, Shinobi, Nights, Sonic, etc. as playable characters. Akira and Selvaria are a good start though.

Playable Shinobi needs to happen.

lonely

I hope Yukina shouts senpai with every attack. Also surprised to see Kirino at the top of the tier list as I was hoping to main as it would be humiliating to loose to her online.

Khrno

Is this on the PS Store? I'll buy the PS3 version around January, unless someone like Xseed comes to the rescue.

Sitrus

On the ranked matches I have played till now, I have more problems with Shana more than Kirino. And Selvario... large attacks. Everything she has are "huge" xD

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wouldn't the fact Namco has SAO rights at the moment with the Vita games cause some licensing issues in bringing this over?

Sitrus

Wouldn't the fact Namco has SAO rights at the moment with the Vita games cause some licensing issues in bringing this over?

Ah yes, Bandai Namco, Yen Press, Funimation, Animax, Viz Media, Sega, AN, Aniplex, Animeworks, Sony, Mediablasters are among those that owns the rights for some of the franchises in this game.

Licencing hell indeed.

My copy just shipped to me from Ami Ami yesterday I think. I'll hopefully get it next week. I was sold on it as soon as I found out French Bread was making it, which means it's at least worth trying and playing with friends.

I wanted to main Selvaria... But she's an arcade unlock apparently? Whatever it'll be worth it... Maybe.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ah yes, Bandai Namco, Yen Press, Funimation, Animax, Viz Media, Sega, AN, Aniplex, Animeworks, Sony, Mediablasters are among those that owns the rights for some of the franchises in this game.

Licencing hell indeed.
I can't imagine the companies that have the anime/manga rights would pose an issue (it didn't for Capcom with Tatsunoko for the most part, from what I understand) since anime & game rights tend to be separate things (unless they want a dub, then companies like Funimation would be involved). Though it's possible Sega doesn't want to spend the money to obtain said gaming rights for these franchises since they're not as big as, say, Namco and their Shonen Jump games.

One of these days, I should study up on licensing laws & such for cases like this.

Lyte Edge

Apparently you get Selvaria by beating arcade mode using super move finishers and Akira by just beating arcade mode normally. Can anyone clarify?

I want to say "there is no way we'll ever see this localized -not with all those licenses-" but Aquapazza made it over here. Or are all the characters in that game from the same company?

On the ranked matches I have played till now, I have more problems with Shana more than Kirino. And Selvario... large attacks. Everything she has are "huge" xD

Is Shana a problem because of her projectile? Seems way too fast.

-Horizon-

Licencing hell indeed.

I would go nuts if they bring this over. I'd even take digital only.

Emalde

Is anyone interested in getting in on a gameshare? There are 3 of us, need a 4th. Catch is that two of us already want to be primary activated systems, so as the additional you would not be set up for that after you've downloaded the game.

remist

Is anyone interested in getting in on a gameshare? There are 3 of us, need a 4th. Catch is that two of us already want to be primary activated systems, so as the additional you would not be set up for that after you've downloaded the game.

Edit: Sorry, nvm somebody I messaged earlier got back to me. I'll have to bail.

Seishin

My purchase of this was locked from the minute I heard French Bread was developing this - Apparently I've become a fan of their fighters.

And my copy of it shipped from Play-Asia yesterday...

... But for some reason it's been stuck in Puerto Rico[?!] for the entire day.

Ah well, hopefully it'll get in sometime tomorrow. C'mon FedEx, I need to beat up people's waifus online - and soon!

Emalde

This is apparently available still, if anybody else wanted to get on it instead.

Sora_N

What does it mean if I'm not a primary?

Jawmuncher

I didn't know all of the characters in this game aside from the VC.
Now I need this, since there's no way in hell this is making it to the west.

Top Bottom