• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Import |OT| aka waifu climax

Vylash

umzY4kJ.png

I wanted to main Miyuki :(

I just hope they rebalance with some updates.

Also, any footage of the console version on YT? O footage os the PSV version? (the one im buying)

wtf, why are the worst characters in the highest tiers

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You and me both, I went to start a game on my Vita TV just now and the bloody game is incompatible.. : [

LOL. Another game that should work that doesn't, because nobodyhasanyideawhy.

And this is why I double-dipped and got it on PS3 too.

Jawmuncher

Ah yes, Bandai Namco, Yen Press, Funimation, Animax, Viz Media, Sega, AN, Aniplex, Animeworks, Sony, Mediablasters are among those that owns the rights for some of the franchises in this game.

Licencing hell indeed.

Yeah the anime is what makes it the bigger issue.
Had this just all been gaming we would have more of a chance after we got Project X Zone.

antibolo

Banned
Here's what the Vita version looks like.

They sure love ruining their nice art with nearest neighbor scaling.

How are the loading times?

In any case I'm pretty glad I ordered the PS3 version. Haven't been impressed by most Vita ports of fighting games lately.

If anyone needs people to play with, add me :) might be a little while before I get the game on ps3 since I am ordering it today. Psn: iRAWRasaurus

SoldnerKei

still not sure if I should buy this, kicking Kirito's ass is tempting, but I don't have a fav for this game, I guess I would pick up Shana since I like swords and she dosen't have any ties to SAO
inb4 I end up playing Asuna because swordie girl still appeals to me

antibolo

Banned
This game should have "Beat up Kirito!" as one of the bullet points on the back of the box. Definitely a big selling point if this thread is any indication.

thundr51

I don't know any of these characters(except Akira) but the 2d fighting geek in me wants to buy. Seems like a faster version of Aquapazza?...maybe I should play that instead..

Has there been any word if it'll get more DLC characters in the future? I'm kinda interested because of Erio and Holo but I either don't know or care about any of the actual playable characters.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Has there been any word if it'll get more DLC characters in the future? I'm kinda interested because of Erio and Holo but I either don't know or care about any of the actual playable characters.
No idea. I just know there was console exclusive characters like Akira & Pai being playable.

Lyte Edge

PS3 version, when installed, also has extremely fast load times.

Played through arcade and got Selvaria unlocked. She is HUGE, lol.

antibolo

Banned
I don't know any of these characters(except Akira) but the 2d fighting geek in me wants to buy. Seems like a faster version of Aquapazza?...maybe I should play that instead..

It's by French Bread if that's any indication (ie. Melty Blood and UNIB).

Aquapazza was by Examu.

Astarte

Wow this game is really easy to play. It even gives people I know a chance to kick my ass, though I have a feeling they'll have some choice words about assists not being playable.
After playing a few matches I'm beginning to understand why Shana is S tier.

Lyte Edge

Akira is pretty fun to use. All his specials are VF-style moves. Seems like he could be a combo machine.

Akira and Selvaria are not playable in the Arcade modes, BTW.

Wow this game is really easy to play. It even gives people I know a chance to kick my ass, though I have a feeling they'll have some choice words about assists not being playable.
After playing a few matches I'm beginning to understand why Shana is S tier.

I played some ranked matches on Vita last night. Nothing but Shana and Kirino players, LOL.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That little sister couldn't possibly be this OP.

I don't suppose anyone is gonna type up a translation guide &/or translate the story mode. I know it should be import-friendly for the most part since it's a fighting game & menus are the only real issue, but if it has a story mode, I sure wouldn't mind knowing what it is that everyone's saying.

Game came with a book I wasn't expecting. It's mostly art, but it's also got what looks like an interview in it.

Got Akira unlocked. Gonna unlock Selvaria and then try to not play too much until December.

Anyone that wants to play, feel free to add me.

Uraizen

Banned
Akira is pretty fun to use. All his specials are VF-style moves. Seems like he could be a combo machine.

Akira and Selvaria are not playable in the Arcade modes, BTW.

I played some ranked matches on Vita last night. Nothing but Shana and Kirino players, LOL.

You're one of the few I trust on GAF, how is the netcode? Is it true that there is no way to make private lobbies?
Heard that last bit somewhere?

kasane

I thought kirito could easily be a tier

That said i still dont have the game soooo

Edit: yeah anyone game sharing. Im in canada. Will split ?

MSMrRound

Ryuji's assist is pretty fun to spam. Was playing against a couple of colleague who had a copy and boy...did I cheese them off.

Sitrus

Ryuji's assist is pretty fun to spam. Was playing against a couple of colleague who had a copy and boy...did I cheese them off.

Indeed, I've found out that most people don't expect his second attack and all compared to Accelerator. It's also a nice way to get in a combo for defensive players.

Lyte Edge

You're one of the few I trust on GAF, how is the netcode? Is it true that there is no way to make private lobbies?
Heard that last bit somewhere?

Let me play some more and get back to you on that-- Initial impressions would be mixed as some matches were pretty good but others had noticeable input lag. However I feel that the little I played on Vita was not enough to form a fair opinion and I still need to try the PS3 version online. Did not get a chance to play anything yesterday.

Sitrus

Let me play some more and get back to you on that-- Initial impressions would be mixed as some matches were pretty good but others had noticeable input lag. However I feel that the little I played on Vita was not enough to form a fair opinion and I still need to try the PS3 version online. Did not get a chance to play anything yesterday.

No private lobbies since all are public. You can of course make a room and exit it when someone else comes in.

Performance has been variable. Some matches are lag-free and some are a few are a lag-fest. Note that this is between Europe and Japan/Asia so the performance is pretty good.
Feels the metagame is getting a lot more about punishing. Many people are playing pretty defensive except for Kirito, Shana etc. Miyuki is a beast with her frame-punishes and large attacks that can cover the entire screen. Himeragi is probably one of the top-tier characters. Rank 3 on the rankings for Miyuki now and 28 overall :)

Lyte Edge

No private lobbies since all are public. You can of course make a room and exit it when someone else comes in.

Performance has been variable. Some matches are lag-free and some are a few are a lag-fest. Note that this is between Europe and Japan/Asia so the performance is pretty good.
Feels the metagame is getting a lot more about punishing. Many people are playing pretty defensive except for Kirito, Shana etc. Miyuki is a beast with her frame-punishes and large attacks that can cover the entire screen. Himeragi is probably one of the top-tier characters. Rank 3 on the rankings for Miyuki now and 28 overall :)

Played some more games on Vita and games on PS3. Plenty of people playing in player match lobbies on both version. Could not find a single ranked game on Vita.

Only tried player matches on PS3. Given the current time, most of the people online were Japanese players, so the majority of the connections were ranked 1 bar and as Sitrus noted, connections varied from player to player. Some matches had noticeable input lag throughout, but some also felt like 3 bar matches. Even with the worst lag, though, I found the game playable, which I think is a benefit of having a more simplistic game play system.

I did join a lobby hosted by a U.S. player named "DunnDealz-" and played 6-7 matches against him. Our connections were 3 bars and except for a brief lag spike in one match, it felt like I was playing local multiplayer against him. Also played a match or two against another player with 2 bars in the same lobby, which also felt pretty good/stable. There was a Japanese player who joined and made matches pretty much unplayable. The game became a slowdown filled-mess with him. When I played him, the connection quality was so bad that the match ended and he was kicked offline (not by the host).

So it's what you might expect-- 1 bar matches are questionable quality; most felt playable but that depends on how you deal with lag, and 2 and 3 bar matches are great.

I mostly used Akira online and did very well. He's a combo machine and lot of fun to use. His trump card attack does insane damage and is very easy to combo into. I also like that everyone has a universal overhead which can go into a launcher for air combos.

I tried using Kirino once and found that I was able to shut down DunnDealz- using just her C reverse anger and EX reverse anger projectiles. Couldn't help but burst out laughing while this was going on, but he didn't feel the same way, because he kicked me after the match was over.
umad_.png

Wonder if that replay is worth posting?

LegatoB

Netplay lag feels about as you'd expect for the genre. It's far from the unplayable mess of something like Aquapazza, at least. Doesn't mean you're going to be confirming much online, though, and since I haven't played Street Fighter in years, I've lost the skill for timing links in lag.

The complete lack of private slots in lobbies, or a friend invite feature, is absolutely baffling. I know SEGA wasn't spending a lot of cash on this game -- all the places French Bread had to take shortcuts that they didn't in UNIEL are obvious -- but these are kinda Must Haves for any multiplayer game that isn't a Souls.

Like the game a lot more now that I can grind 20-30 matches a night and spend time testing things in training mode, rather than grinding on the CPU and hoping someone gets bored enough to challenge an obvious newbie instead of going to an open cab. I don't usually play lame, so Kuroyukihime's been a very fun change of pace for me.

Lyte Edge

Yeah, the lack of private match options is just baffling. At least if you're the host, you can kick people before you start.

Really getting into the 'groove' of this game now. I like the little basketball girl as much as Akira. There's some pretty unique characters in this game. Currently trying out the various assist characters but I tend to keep going back to Pai, since she comes in quick and her first assist is great for extending combos.

It's weird how crazy 1 bar match quality can be. I just had a series of matches against a Japanese player and it felt like might as well have been next door. That's coming off a match against another Japanese player where it felt like I was playing underwater. Makes it easy to find American players though...just look for 2 or 3 bar lobbies!

Someone needs to redo that character ranking chart. Would like to see where Akira and Selvaria fit in. They've got to be towards the top.

Uraizen

Banned
Is there at least a way to play a private 1v1 with a friend? Doesn't have to be via a lobby, it could be marvel style.

cpooi

Why couldn't they bother to use just bilinear filtering at the very least.

The artwork really looks bad with nearest neighbor.

Top Bottom