• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF FOTY 2013-Fail Of The Year-Results- Winner of the 2013 shit sandwich goes to...

mr stroke

32b5f66f5cbf7a82e383a8f2da1a148c1edf4943_full-1-1.jpg

2012's Winner--38 Studios

will hand the trophy over to-

Xbox One DRM/180/Used games/Announcement/Always on

beAbR5S.jpg

fMtgrgc.jpg

n2K7gDb.jpg

Runners up-

#2 Sim City

BTY2Rp7.jpg

#3 EA

o2TU5UF.jpg

#4 Wii U

LZsMdY3.jpg

#5 Battlefield 4

Ydhucqu.jpg

Full Results-

Xbone-203
Sim CIty-20
EA-19
Wii U-5
BF4-4
OUYA-3
Alien Colonial Maries-3
Adam Orth-2
Pre-ordering-1
Bioshock Infinite-1
Gender Harassment-1
Richard Leadbetter-1
Sony 1st Party line up-1
Frame rate Abomination-1
Gaming Journalism-1

2013 Voting Thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=739912&highlight=foty

2012 Voting Thread-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504809&highlight=gaf+votes+foty

2011 Results Thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457506

2011 Winner PSN HACK

2011 Voting Thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455816

2010 winner--NBA ELITE-

2010 Thread-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416692

2009 winner-PSPGO

2009 Thread-

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=381644

sakipon

I don't think Wii U belongs with these others. Xbox One's original plans were offensive to consumers. Sim City and Battlefield represent crashes and non-function; again an extremely bad consumer experience. Wii U though? Yes, it lacks games, especially from third parties. Not everyone is excited about the system and GamePad design. No proper account system. Virtual Console had only one good point this year, the 30 cent sales. Yet everyone who bought the console knew what they were getting. Where's the amazing failure?

Mindlog

EA has a known history for undercooked products.
We keep buying their products.

Keep porking that chicken.

I also meant to change my vote to somehow include NBA 2K14. Worst case of Graphics Über Alles in recent memory, "Look at how terrible NBA Live's Graphiks are lol."

For doing as much complaining as we do we are also terrible at looking out for our own interests.

Tookay

I don't think Wii U belongs with these others. Xbox One's original plans were offensive to consumers. Sim City and Battlefield represent crashes and non-function; again an extremely bad consumer experience. Wii U though? Yes, it lacks games, especially from third parties. Not everyone is excited about the system and GamePad design. No proper account system. Virtual Console had only one good point this year, the 30 cent sales. Yet everyone who bought the console knew what they were getting. Where's the amazing failure?
It's 5 votes though. Practically negligible.

And the failure is in how hard it fell on its face for the majority of the year, not in how it treated consumers.

Raide

Games journalists got robbed

Agreed. Sure the Xbox One stuff was hilariously bad when they announced it but its certainly done much better now after the 180'd but 2013 had been full of dumb journalist saying dumb stuff. Pretty much everything on the list got pages and pages of crazy rants on various big and small sites. It was 100% laughable bullshit for most of the year.

TomShoe

Banned
Pre-ordering-1
Bioshock Infinite-1
Gender Harassment-1
Richard Leadbetter-1
Sony 1st Party line up-1
Frame rate Abomination-1
Gaming Journalism-1

EyebrowRaised.gif

Pretty obvious fail, though I'm suprised that "Resolution-Gate," "VGX," and "Misterxmedia" weren't mentioned at all.

PBY

Banned
The One is very flawed, but at least the shipped product relatively works after the whole fiasco. BF 4 tho...

Cess007

Does this means OUYA is a less fail than WiiU? 'Cause i could agree if were talking about expectations, but overall i think Ouya is just a more fail than WiiU.

7threst

Gaming Journalism-1

Surprising considering the amount of negative threads journalism had thi year on gaming-side GAF

I actually regret not voting for EA now. Maybe it was Jeff reading out the BF4 issues list on the bombcast that did it but EA have failed on so many fronts this year.

Laughed out loud that one lone voice seriously voted for Sony first party.

Agree with winner though. Well deserved award for clusterfuck: the console.

Xbox deserved the "win" here.

Games journalism didn't get votes because the stupid shit they said was spread out over the year and mostly related to the other fails. If all the journalism buffoonery came out at once, there's be no doubt it'd take first prize.

Guevara

From a sales prospective "worst than Gamecube and Dreamcast" is definitely a huge failure.

The fact that the Wii U sold such undesirable hardware for a loss is a related failure for Nintendo. Maybe it's finally profitable, but with the price drop I don't know.

Rightly deserved winner or loser per se', But B4 should be higher and EA always will always be on those lists if only for losing connection too the EA server for no reason whatsoever...

stuminus3

Not gonna get my panties in a bunch about it, but the Wii U doesn't belong on that list.

Everything else on that list is an insult to my intelligence as a gamer and as a consumer, there is not a single redeeming thing about any of them. I couldn't call something that plays Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Mario 3D World a "shit sandwich" even if I was the only person in the entire world that bought a Wii U.

EDIT: though I didn't actually vote so I should just shut my cake hole. :D

mr stroke

Not gonna get my panties in a bunch about it, but the Wii U doesn't belong on that list.

Everything else on that list is an insult to my intelligence as a gamer and as a consumer, there is not a single redeeming thing about any of them. I couldn't call something that plays Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 and Mario 3D World a "shit sandwich" even if I was the only person in the entire world that bought a Wii U.

EDIT: though I didn't actually vote so I should just shut my cake hole. :D

Really? Its been a sales disaster.

stuminus3

Really? Its been a sales disaster.
Why the heck would you bold something I said, ask a question about it, but quote the entire post where I've already answered the question you're asking me? Did you just stop at that sentence then click the quote button?

o_O

Wynnebeck

Banned
Of course the Xbone got the #1 pick. It was everything you don't do when trying to garner momentum and goodwill from your fanbase for a new product. It was sad that it even resulted in the original scheme in the first place before Mattrick's bailing out and the complete 180. Now they need to work on the price and they'll be good.

Top Bottom