• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst getting a Closed Beta on all platforms; Signup link

hiryu64

Signed up for Xbone. Man, I remember having so much fun speedrunning the time trial in the PS3 demo. Was on top for a little while, too. Good times...

Registered, now we hurry and wait

cartmanfreezeshimselfforhalo5guardians.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wait is this game getting a shitty tact on multiplayer component? Hopefully it's some fun coop or something.

...Uh, yes? It's been known for like a year or two now that Mirror's Edge 2 will have drop-in/drop-out co-op. You can skip that if you want (and IIRC they said it won't require an online connection if you want to play it completely single-player) but the whole "sandbox parkour" lends itself to the multiplayer idea they're going for.

You can ignore it if you want.

GavinUK86

Signed up. Strange that there's a beta for this. Apart from the leaderboards stuff there is no multiplayer is there?

edit: oh, apparently there's co-op. i must've missed that news.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh so it is drop in and out coop?

From what EatChildren said like a year or two ago, that's the plan. DICE-SE never really confirmed/denied it. Though IIRC the "always on" fiasco of Need For Speed had them come out and say "no, you can play the game completely offline" which put fuel into the co-op fire. I can't remember where I read specifically that they were planning to add co-op in besides EatChildren, but's been "known" that is part of the plan for a while, especially with the sandbox design they're going for with open-world this outing.

ps3ud0

Cheers. Says you need a persistent internet connection for the beta - I presume thats nothing to do with how the final game will be.

ps3ud0 8)

Top Bottom