• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst getting a Closed Beta on all platforms; Signup link

krae_man

rcs7XYb.jpg

nikos

Signup isn't working for me either. I'm in the US. Tried multiple browsers and desktop/mobile.

EDIT: Finally worked.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'm curious why EA Access members on XB1 don't get into all betas by default.

Either way, signed up, way too stoked for this!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Love trying to remember sign in info from ten years ago....

Signed up, obviously. Loved what I played at EGX.
The 3 hour queue for Mirror's Edge Catalyst was bonkers! We came back around 1pm and then it was 2 hours, so decided to queue. Could play for only 10 minutes (unskippable cutscenes ugh). Graphics are excellent, character models like Icarus' looking impressive, and loving Faith's purple nail polish. Love the LB (hold) for spring jumps on any platform rather than how it was with specific red boxes in the first game. Climbing up pipes is super fast. Exploring around the world and finding a flow around the level design was great, unlike the first game which was stop-and-start, ruining the momentum. Totally sold on the combat as being part of the flow rather than slowing it down. My friend was not as impressed, even said the graphics looked worse, saying it was more of the first game which it really is. He's a big fan of the first game, used it for a project with the level design as he's an architect student. Thought the world looked too futuristic while first game was more current, and story was too generic. I couldn't disagree much, I just like the core parkour gameplay so I didn't mind. I'm sure he'll get the final game anyway.

MMaRsu

Banned
It is EA after all, this game will have Denuvo for sure as well.

Well ring the fucking alarmbells and get the people talking about it.

They did this bullshit with NFS for PS4 as well, a sp game that needs an internet connection.

If they do that to this game no way youll ve playing Mirrors Edge 2 in 10 years

Well ring the fucking alarmbells and get the people talking about it.

They did this bullshit with NFS for PS4 as well, a sp game that needs an internet connection.

If they do that to this game no way youll ve playing Mirrors Edge 2 in 10 years

I'm not a friend for this Denuvo anti tamper thing, especially for preservation.
But this will be handled as AAA production and EA is the publisher.
EA was one of the first to use Denuvo with Dragon Age: Inquisition.
I will be on alarm mode anyway, always Online DRM is a thing which shouldn't exist.

Bsigg12

Persistent internet connection?

Are they fucking cramming in the always online DRM??????

It's probably similar to how they ran the UFC 2 beta where even if you just wanted to fight against the CPU, it had to check with the servers to make sure the beta was still live. I doubt the full game will require it.

Top Bottom