• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voodoo Vince Remastered is out on Steam!

Ac30

Just bought it and launched it, It looks like textures got a very nice bump in quality, at least in the initial scenes. Runs just fine at 1080p/60fps on my 860m and comes with Steam achievements now! Finally I can finish that fucking stupid
Carnival boss fight

Link because I'm dumb and forgot

http://store.steampowered.com/app/545980/

Actually now that I'm on level 2 some textures are so crisp it almost clashes with the surroundings lol

E333299CC4C409A59854316254B5C99CF85FEE80

Let's see if we can get Blinx next!

wwm0nkey

Can we get Blinx? I know the IP is dead and MS doesn't even own it anymore iirc, but dammit I want to play the first one again

A Voodoo Vince remaster? What the fuck? That's not a name I expected to hear again. That's just plain neat lol.
We live in a world where Legend of Kay got an HD Remaster. Anything is possible.

Except Legacy of Kain Blood Omen/Soul Reaver HD Collection, apparently.

I really liked Voodoo Vince as a kid. Blinx as well. Wonder how these have aged? Might need to bust out my old Xbox and find out.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I loved Voodoo Vince, completed it too. I remember wondering why MS didn't market the mini games as Xbl enabled or something as they were great and would've worked well as a MP mode.

Ac30

Never played this, is it worth the Money?

Do you like platformers? The story isn't a highpoint but entertaining with the expected wise-cracking mascot but the settings are certainly unique and the soundtrack is very memorable. Plus the actual platforming is sound.

You can play it for 2 hours risk-free with the refund option now, so you could always see how you feel about it! Just make sure to stay under the 2 hours to be safe.

KonradLaw

Huh, isn't Voodoo Vince owned by Microsoft? Kinda weird for it to get on Steam.

It seems they have no problems with releasing remasters on it. Especially when they're trying to appear to PC audiences primarly. I mean, Age of Empires II, Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations remasters aren't even on Microsoft Marketplace at all.

Theorry

Not sure why its not in the title. But its out on Xbox and W10 also.
Its on Steam because its not really published by MS. Its just a indie project.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, cheers for the heads-up. I thought this wasn't unlocking for another few hours.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh my god!

It's a Sega title, right? With the success of Bayonetta and Valkeria Chronicles it's a possibility I guess.

I can dream.

From, actually, but I could see Sega offering to publish a remaster.

f@luS

More than a member.
Bought on Xbox one
I wonder if I can it on my surface pro 4 as well

Will make me wait for yooka on switch easier

Might try this, but for sure an odd choice for an HD update. Hope this is the beginning of HD OG Xbox games. Gimme dat sega OG Xbox goodness please

Theorry

Might try this, but for sure an odd choice for an HD update. Hope this is the beginning of HD OG Xbox games. Gimme dat sega OG Xbox goodness please

Oddly enough, I ended up at Microsoft Studios working as a Creative Director in first party publishing. I’ve worked on all sorts of exciting things, from console to Kinect and HoloLens games. I love my job, but I never forgot about my little burlap pal. I also continued working on assorted side projects through my independent studio Beep Games, Inc. A couple years ago I started thinking about updating and re-launching Voodoo Vince myself. My colleagues at Microsoft were really supportive of the idea. We all agreed that the ID@Xbox program is the perfect venue for the game. A small team and I have been quietly working on Voodoo Vince: Remastered for a few months now, and I’m announcing today that it’ll be out for Xbox One and Windows 10 in early 2017.

From the maker.

Top Bottom