• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono : Street Fighter 3DS connects to a video game system, can't say more until E3

I don't know if this is reliable source... Bomb if...
NayabCafe
nintendo+wii+2+Yoshinori+Ono.jpg

Yoshinori Ono "confirms" that could be presented a new desktop system from Nintendo.

Thus, players could be facing one of the possible bombing that Nintendo would have prepared for the E3 in Los Angeles, the arrival of Wii 2 could be imminent.

All this information has come through the words of one of the people most is betting on Nintendo 3DS, Yoshinori Ono, Capcom and developer already has a review of Super Street Fighter IV on Nintendo 3DS.

It is well known for their support in the handheld, has confirmed that Super Street Fighter IV will have connectivity to a video game system, but can not confirm until three months, coinciding with the E3 in Los Angeles. They suggest two things very interesting in his words, the first that the games could be patched and updated to offer new content and the aforementioned Wii 2 could be presented at the Nintendo press conference.

Guys, it's the Wii

It connects to the fucking Wii

He just can't say it.

(I am not 100% sure this is true but it is probably better to believe this or you will hate yourself, Ono, and everything else in June.)

Neiteio

Still waiting for Ono to troll that he's found the Holy Grail and that Jesus drank from a Blanka-emblazoned novelty cup.

Ranger X

With basically nothing coming for Wii outside Zelda, I really don't doubt this system is near the end of its life. Hinting the Wii 2 at E3 and then releasing it in 2012 would totally make sense. (I know 2012 is a bit far but they probably would want to space out with the 3DS)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What is that site, what is wrong with their writing, and what's the source for this? Did they ask him directly, is it a magazine interview, or what is there?

Is he saying they have connectivity features between 3DS SSFIV and a *new* platform or could we be looking at connectivity with a *Wii* title just as well?

Did he actually say anything about a new platform or just about the connectivity that he can't reveal until E3?

Didn't Wii get some 3DS related update recently? Nintendo Channel?

TunaLover

ShockingAlberto said:
Guys, it's the Wii

It connects to the fucking Wii

He just can't say it.

(I am not 100% sure this is true but it is probably better to believe this or you will hate yourself, Ono, and everything else in June.)

Street Fighter IV Wii Edition Confirmed

MisterHero

Maybe he's making Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with X-Men: CotA, Marvel Superheroes, X-Men vs. SF, MvC1, and MvC2 as unlockable content

MatthewB92 said:
Along with Nintendo VS Capcom amirite!
but but Sakurai is busy with Kid Icaruuuuus

MisterHero said:
Maybe he's making Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with X-Men: CotA, Marvel Superheroes, X-Men vs. SF, MvC1, and MvC2 as unlockable content
And impinging on Niitsuma's space? Trolling his own company?

Maybe it's just that AE will be announced for Wii at E3 or that the 3DS will connect to the Wii to do something? The 3DS can connect to the Wii you know. I don't believe he is saying that a game that came out in March 2011 will connect to a system which would probably come out in Nov 2011 at the earliest. I don't think Nintendo is going to say shit about a new console this year anyway.

btkadams

is super street fighter on wii? perhaps it is just when they will announce the wii version.

i wouldn't be totally surprised if the wii2 was announced though.

No way will Nintendo want to take attention away from the 3DS. I can see them announcing/revealing it later on this year at their conference though.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Don't put "Ono: ___" if Ono didn't say that at all.

"Ono: SSFIV 3DS has console connectivity, more details at E3." is more like what the title should be.

Edit: High five to whichever mod is responsible!

Alexios

Also, the title is totally misleading... Ono says 3DS SSFIV has connectivity that he can't reveal yet is far from him saying anything whatsoever about a new platform...

Pyrokai

LovingSteam said:
No way will Nintendo want to take attention away from the 3DS. I can see them announcing/revealing it later on this year at their conference though.

They might throw us a bone, though. Maybe. Not likely, but maybe.

Alrus

While a system announcement (I don't believe they'll reveal it just yet) is possible, why would they let Ono talk about it first?

the first that the games could be patched and updated to offer new content

Why do people still need confirmation about DLC on 3ds? Tecmo has already started doing it with Samura Warriors, and they have pretty much said they'll do it for DoA:D too.

Alexios

Maybe Wii can be used to connect the 3DS to a TV? You lose 3D, but get a bigger screen? It's more viable than doing this for DS where the touchscreen was often the action screen too. On 3DS it's the 3D screen that is the action screen and the touchscreen is just part of the controller, or to be viewed more rarely in any case for maps or whatever else, like say, the GBA screen when playing Four Swords. Would this even be possible? Because I really don't think they'd port SSFIV to Wii so late, so what could they connect?

Alextended said:
Also, the title is totally misleading... Ono says 3DS SSFIV has connectivity that he can't reveal yet is far from him saying anything whatsoever about a new platform...
Gotta drive that traffic to NayabCafe

Pyrokai said:
They might throw us a bone, though. Maybe. Not likely, but maybe.

just like pikmin 3 i can see a bone being thrown after questions from the press. something vague as heck that was obviously known like "we're working on it expect to see it "soon" " and journalists will go mad.

Also, Ono may like getting a rise out of people, but he's not stupid. If Nintendo showed him their new system, he's not going to go out there and start dropping hints when they have not done so already.

Ono was summoned to Iwata's office to apologize for hinting at a hypothetical Nintendo vs. Capcom. He is not going to start talking about their next system.

Hype trains are fun things, but this one is going to slam in to a fucking wall!

MaddenNFL64

As long as they're selling, Nintendo won't move on. But with The 360 with Kinect establishing itself, who knows. Might be time for Wii 2. Or Whatever Nintendo wants to do. Anyone saying they know what Nintendo will do are liars.

Guevara

Spoiler: there is no successor to the Wii. The 3DS is it, but Nintendo will announce a peripheral that will allow some games to work on your TV.

MisterHero

_dementia said:
And impinging on Niitsuma's space? Trolling his own company?
hey man, a fighting game is a fighting game

also, Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter for Super Wii will have SoulCalibur characters and Link

Cow Mengde said:
On 360/PS3/PC
in this industry

no dude don't even joke about that

:p

ShockingAlberto said:
Also, Ono may like getting a rise out of people, but he's not stupid. If Nintendo showed him their new system, he's not going to go out there and start dropping hints when they have not done so already.

Ono was summoned to Iwata's office to apologize for hinting at a hypothetical Nintendo vs. Capcom. He is not going to start talking about their next system.

Hype trains are fun things, but this one is going to slam in to a fucking wall!
Iwata also cornered Sakurai in a dark alley and forced him to make Brawl

yous guys don't mess with the boss man

Top Bottom