• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono : Street Fighter 3DS connects to a video game system, can't say more until E3

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Htown said:
Yeah, like somebody says, it probably connects to the Wii version of Arcade Edition. He probably can't talk about it because the home versions haven't actually been announced yet, right?
I don't see this likely at all. Whoever *really* wants SSFIV has it on one of the three platforms it's been available on for months and months. A Wii version this late wouldn't sell. Even if it's AE. Will they really sell many new AE copies at all? I don't think they can do a third retail thing of the same base game. Maybe a DLC expansion, or even a patch, for the existing versions. I could however see it being a launch title for NGP also. Ports for launch titles make more sense. I don't personally believe we'll see Wii 2 at E3 so, this is probably hinting that the NGP version will be compatible with the PS3 version in online play, maybe save data, and what not. Nice as it will ensure early NGP adopters will have a decent community to play with if they choose this game over others in the launch lineup, but hardly anything to be excited over.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
AniHawk said:
if he was just referring to sfiv in general, then i bet it's ps3 to ngp, especially given sony's main plan for the ngp, instead of 3ds to RANDOM CONSOLE.
NGP was my first guess too.

preeety sure you a lot of you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you're buying into this fuzz. someone misinterpreted an article, and here we are.

Cipherr

Why would you do that? said:
Actually, would cartridges be a good option? Considering how slowly many PS3 games load (unless you install them), I think it would be nice to see something faster. But then there are DS games like Metroid Prime: Hunters (which loaded slower than the Gamecube game), or 3DS games like Ridge Racer 3D (with ~10 second loading times)...

Carts would be a disaster. Sure their capacity for the price is much better these days. But its still got fuck all on a 50GB BRD. Although there it would make me smile to see them actually release a console with twice the power of a PS3 which is on par with the PS4 and X720 and then hamstring themselves into inferior ports (or no ports at all) by having only a fraction of the available game space as their competitors (N64 lol). Ohhhh that would make for a hilarious gen.

watershed

Banned
I don't know why anyone would believe that site. Its not geared towards videogames, it doesn't have any real quotes from Ono, it doesn't even seem like an interview ever actually happened (that picture could be from anywhere), and the article reads like it was written by a 6th grader.
If anything its the NGP and PS3 or just completely made up.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ShockingAlberto said:
Guys, it's the Wii

It connects to the fucking Wii

He just can't say it.

(I am not 100% sure this is true but it is probably better to believe this or you will hate yourself, Ono, and everything else in June.)

you mean SSFIV:Wii? (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay) of SSFIV:fit? (noooooooooooooooooooooooooo)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Of course this is going to happen. How else will you unlock Chun-Li and Juri in Nintendo Vs. Capcom?

0.jpg

"Don't believe Ono's lies!"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wii to get SF4 this fall confirmed. SSFIV next fall, and then SSFIVAE as a launch title for Wii 2 the following year.

And then well never get TvC on XBLA/PSN D:

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I would hope it's for the Wii, but then the harsh reality of it all would hit me: I don't have a 3DS anyway, and it's not like you could play the game on the Wii only by owning the cartridge.

:/

Suzzopher

Have Nintendo ever allowed their consoles to connect with the competitors? It's surely too late for SSFIV to make an impact on Wii?

Xater

From The Dust said:
Here's my bet:

New Capcom wii game (not street fighter)

Connect 3DS to wii

Downloadable trophy for SSF43D

This sounds good. I'm gonna go with that to not fall for Ono's lies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
"Ono : 'a handheld version of' Street Fighter connects to a video game system, can't say more until E3"

Fixed.

He was asked in general about whether a handheld version of SF will ever connect to a home system. There's easier scenarios to imagine here that don't involve the 3DS version at all...

gofreak said:
"Ono : 'a handheld version of' Street Fighter connects to a video game system, can't say more until E3"

Fixed.

He was asked in general about whether a handheld version of SF will ever connect to a home system. There's easier scenarios to imagine here that don't involve the 3DS version at all...

He's hinted at Street Fighter NGP before, right? Looking at that beast, I don't see why multiplayer between NGP and PS3 wouldn't be possible.

Johnny

If they announce a successor to the Wii at E3 they'll have to release in time for Christmas. The Wii has at least one more solid holiday season left in it, not to mention Nintendo's need to focus on the 3DS and build that userbase before the NGP comes out. Christmas 2012 at the earliest.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Green Scar said:
He's hinted at Street Fighter NGP before, right? Looking at that beast, I don't see why multiplayer between NGP and PS3 wouldn't be possible.

I don't know if he has, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a version. He also wasn't even asked about cross-platform multiplayer - just about data portability, taking your profile from a home system and continuing on a handheld. IMO that could technically be done with other systems too, but there is nothing 3DS specific about his chat with Eurogamer on that.

gofreak said:
I don't know if he has, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a version. He also wasn't even asked about cross-platform multiplayer - just about data portability, taking your profile from a home system and continuing on a handheld. IMO that could technically be done with other systems too, but there is nothing 3DS specific about his chat with Eurogamer on that.

Yeah, I thought about stats/profiles whatever, but it's Street Fighter... do people actually care about that stuff? Having it in the game is kind of expected, but I don't think anyone is expecting nor asking for some universal profile between Sony systems. Besides, NGP SFIV will have the disadvantage of being restricted to a 'pad'. People probably don't want their awesome console SFIV stats being messed up by poor NGP play due to control unfamiliarity. I'd imagine Sony would push for cross-platform play just to boast that people can do that.

lherre

Accurate
Medalion said:
3 Gamecubes duct-taped together?

Not too far from the real truth ... you only have to change Gamecube for another machine and you have it XD (well maybe 1.5 or 2 will describe it better)

(and no, I'm not joking about it)

Medalion

Banned
lherre said:
Not too far from the real truth ... you only have to change Gamecube for another machine and you have it XD (well maybe 1.5 or 2 will describe it better)

(and no, I'm not joking about it)
Fine... 3 N64's

justchris

Heavy said:
If it was the Wii, why would they wait till E3 to announce? The game has been out since last month in the U.S. and in 3 months from now will anyone care about some Wii connectivity about a game released a quarter ago? It's clearly something else. I thought this E3 was gonna suck. We already got the NGP announcement and it's too early for PS4 and 720 so this could be awesome. I might actually blow a load tonight over the thought of a potential HD Mario game with PS3/360 graphics (or higher).

Because Nintendo has put a moratorium on 3DS announcements until E3. Haven't you wondered why we haven't heard of any new game announcements for the system since it launched? I don't know why they insist on keeping us in the dark, unless it's some sort of plan to blow our minds at E3 so as to prevent NGP from stealing their thunder.

Jackano

justchris said:
Because Nintendo has put a moratorium on 3DS announcements until E3. Haven't you wondered why we haven't heard of any new game announcements for the system since it launched? I don't know why they insist on keeping us in the dark, unless it's some sort of plan to blow our minds at E3 so as to prevent NGP from stealing their thunder.
We have heard of Super Mario!

justchris

antonz said:
He is in major Nintendo mode. Gave an Interview to MSN saying hed actually like to Work at Nintendo if he wasnt at Capcom

OMG, Ono planning to quit Capcom and start his own studio with Nintendo!

Jackano said:
We have heard of Super Mario!

Only in the vaguest, "Well of course we're working on Super Mario Bros and Animal Crossing and every other franchise that makes us fat sacks of cash, but we can't tell you anything more specific at this time," sort of way.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
justchris said:
OMG, Ono planning to quit Capcom and start his own studio with Nintendo!

Only in the vaguest, "Well of course we're working on Super Mario Bros and Animal Crossing and every other franchise that makes us fat sacks of cash, but we can't tell you anything more specific at this time," sort of way.
You missed GDC? There were Mario details (3D game, 2D sensibilities, precision jumping easier with 3D depth perception allowing for different level design, etc) and screens.

Not arguing against your points, just informing you.

Fritz

Alextended said:
You missed GDC? There were Mario details (3D game, 2D sensibilities, precision jumping easier with 3D depth perception allowing for different level design, etc) and screens.

Not arguing against your points, just informing you.

there were screen shots as well!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
NateDrake said:
He never says SSFIV3D Edition. Why can't it just be a SSFIV NGP that connects with the PS3?
Guys guys guys mayeb hes talking abot Super Stret Fighta IV Machampion Edition for the PS4 and it connects to iPad!

Foffy

Banned
So...this probably means a new system more than anything, right? Capcom was late for make a version of Street Fighter IV for Wii after all..

Not that I mind.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sounds like NGP + new PS3 version of SFIV.

Connectivity built into a 3DS launch title for Secret Super Wii has <1% believability.

Anticitizen One said:
did it ever occur to you guys that he could be talking about a port of Street Fighter 4 for Wii that has 3DS connectivity? I dont know why everyones assuming "zomg Wii 2"

This sounds like the most reasonable assumption.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Cerebral Assassin said:
This sounds like the most reasonable assumption.

If SFIV was coming to Wii it would have happened by now, and they would have said.

An NGP title on the other hand they aren't allowed to talk about till E3.

Top Bottom