• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono : Street Fighter 3DS connects to a video game system, can't say more until E3

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
DECK'ARD said:
If SFIV was coming to Wii it would have happened by now, and they would have said.

An NGP title on the other hand they aren't allowed to talk about till E3.
Why would he casually mention connectivity for a game that's not announced yet? I know it's Ono and everything, but it doesn't make any sense.
It's far more reasonable to assume he's talking about one of the versions already out there.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wii, 3DS to TV adaptor confirmed then?

or 3DS Wii connects to the Arcade System to download trophies fighteres etc?

some version of SSFIV for Wii, with 3DS conectivity

it's going to be one of those above, Ono wont be leaking out Wii 2...
as for NGP/360/PS3 connectivity Nintendo and the other company would have a shit Fit if that happend

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Guess I'm not understanding where the NGP talk is coming in. Super Street Fighter IV 3DS specifically has 3DS in the title--not sure how unclear that could be IF that's what he actually said. The NGP/PS3 cross-platform stuff would make sense but "3DS" wouldn't be in the title of that game.

jufonuk said:
Wii, 3DS to TV adaptor confirmed then?

or 3DS Wii connects to the Arcade System to download trophies fighteres etc?

some version of SSFIV for Wii, with 3DS conectivity

it's going to be one of those above, Ono wont be leaking out Wii 2...
as for NGP/360/PS3 connectivity Nintendo and the other company would have a shit Fit if that happend
I don't think it's the arcade version simply because Arcade is one cesium ahead.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Plinko said:
Guess I'm not understanding where the NGP talk is coming in. Super Street Fighter IV 3DS specifically has 3DS in the title--not sure how unclear that could be IF that's what he actually said. The NGP/PS3 cross-platform stuff would make sense but "3DS" wouldn't be in the title of that game.

The problem is that people are reading NayabCafe's wonderfully embellished article rather than the original source.

The original comments:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ter-been-dumbed-down-for-3ds-interview?page=2

Eurogamer: Do you see a future when you'll be able to play Street Fighter on a home console and then transport your profile onto a handheld when you leave the home and continue playing? Is cross-platform play between home and portable consoles possible?

Yoshinori Ono: Yeah, I think we're probably three months too early to answer that question. But if you're going to be at E3, see you there.

3DS isn't the context specifically.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Jocchan said:
Why would he casually mention connectivity for a game that's not announced yet? I know it's Ono and everything, but it doesn't make any sense.
It's far more reasonable to assume he's talking about one of the versions already out there.

The article the OP is talking about on that random site doesn't source anything, it's just pulling rabbits from a hat.

The only time Ono has talked about this sort of area was an interview a little while ago. The question was along the lines of 'will we be able to take our SFIV experience on the go and compete against players in the home', and he said yes you probably would but he couldn't talk about it for a few months, ie E3.

Which would fit with the 3rd party NGP titles being shown. An NGP version being shown + a new PS3 version being shown = likely connectivity.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah this is a clusterfuck, should probably lock it or at least retitle it again since the 3DS in the title is misleading still...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
gofreak said:

Thanks for posting--that definitely puts me in the "NGP-->PS3" camp.

[Nintex]

Sakurai: "Hay guyz, I'm playing Crysis 2 do you think I can make HD games like these in the future? lol rofl lol"

Ono: "Hello, Street Fighter will connect to some console see you at E3!!!"

EA: "Wii PS2 are legacy platforms, Nintendo will come with strike two"

THQ: "Yeah Nintendo is in a tough spot but they should make the new hardware announcements themselves!!"

Mark Rein: "Yeah we don't hate Nintendo or anything if they had a system that could run Unreal Engine 3 we would be on it like bees on flowers."

Iwata: "Lol spending $1.6 billion in R&D in the last 3 years, releasing hardly any games in the process brb"

yeah

BowieZ

Banned
Reggie: "hai gaiz plz can solds 12 million more Wiez asap King Awata thretn me lol halp plz b4 consavashun abaot nextchen"

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
gofreak said:
The problem is that people are reading NayabCafe's wonderfully embellished article rather than the original source.

The original comments:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ter-been-dumbed-down-for-3ds-interview?page=2

DECK'ARD said:
The article the OP is talking about on that random site doesn't source anything, it's just pulling rabbits from a hat.

The only time Ono has talked about this sort of area was an interview a little while ago. The question was along the lines of 'will we be able to take our SFIV experience on the go and compete against players in the home', and he said yes you probably would but he couldn't talk about it for a few months, ie E3.

Which would fit with the 3rd party NGP titles being shown. An NGP version being shown + a new PS3 version being shown = likely connectivity.
The lack of sources didn't make me exactly confident about the site linked in the OP :/
Thanks for posting this.

_dementia said:
Yeah, in this context it totally could be NGP/PS3.
I wonder if a potential NGP version will be arcade perfect? I'm sure it has the horsepower and resolution to do so.

Isn't Namco shooting for arcade-perfect Tekken NGP games? Wouldn't surprise me if Capcom had the same goal and there's no reason it can't be reached.

gofreak said:

The original comments:

Seriously. If it's from an obscure site no one has heard of (or any fansite), and they claim to have some kind of major scoop without citing a source, it's almost certainly bullshit. Consider the source before clicking that "Post New Thread" button.

Who the fuck is nayabcafe? As we approach E3 and more and more rumors pop up, people should put up RUMOR on the thread title, especially if the article comes from a site no one ever heard of.

Pai Pai Master said:
Isn't Namco shooting for arcade-perfect Tekken NGP games? Wouldn't surprise me if Capcom had the same goal and there's no reason it can't be reached.
My faith in Namco is kinda dashed TBH. In 2009 they somehow failed to bring out an arcade perfect Tekken to consoles for the first time ever. The whole idea for using consoles as basis for their arcade boards was to avoid disparity between arcade and home versions :/

Zee-Row

Banned
If Street Fighter 4 was on the Wii wouldn't look worse since it doesn't have as many graphical tricks as the 3DS?

Top Bottom