• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono : Street Fighter 3DS connects to a video game system, can't say more until E3

MrMephistoX

Really wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo has nothing to do with it and Ono is actually talking about a link from Sony's NGP to PS3. There's no actual quote.

MaddenNFL64

MrMephistoX said:
Really wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo has nothing to do with it and Ono is actually talking about a link from Sony's NGP to PS3. There's no actual quote.

Ah, could be this.

Squalltdx

Maybe I'm missing something, but how did they get Wii 2/3DS from his comment. Not that it isn't a possibility, but when I first read his comment several days ago + with SSF4 AE rating the first thing that came to my mind was an NGP/PS3. It just makes too much sense for Capcom not to do it.

Christine

ShockingAlberto said:
(I am not 100% sure this is true but it is probably better to believe this or you will hate yourself, Ono, and everything else in June.)

Eh, why wait. I'm gonna get a jump on everyone else and start hating right now.

Because there's so much to hate.

Cow Mengde said:
Think of it as another test from Capcom for the Wii audience.

HATE

TheOGB

Banned
Mithos said:
If it is to the Wii, what would it actually connect too?
NGP to PS3 confirmed.

Followed by the megaton reveal of Wii2 and confirmed connectivity with 3DS

MisterHero

Cow Mengde said:
Think of it as another test from Capcom for the Wii audience.
Nintendo vs. Capcom: New Generation of Capcom 5

ARCADE ONLY

Super Wii can't even keep up with Triforce 2 arcade board confirmed

DR2K said:
E3 seems like a good time for a new Nintendo console.
Wii 2 might be something that could help Nintendo equal or surpass last E3

I'm probably the biggest Nintey fanboy but I can't be that optimistic lol

BY2K

Membero Americo
Either a 3DS port is going to the Wii, either Nintendo is announcing a new home console and Super Street Fighter IV will yet again be a launch title and have 3DS connectivity.

One of my E3 2011 prediction is that Nintendo will announce a new home console so, I'll go with that.

Instro said:
Sounds legit to me guys, all aboard the hype train choo choo.
ZkuK0.jpg

It's pretty hilarious that Captivate is going on and yet the 2 Capcom threads on the front page on GAF are of Kawata and Ono mouthing off.

I completely forgot about Street Fighter Fit. I remember hearing that they were going to work on that before they got their hands on 3DS dev kits...thus creating SSFIV 3DS.

TunaLover

MrMephistoX said:

But he's talking about an actual "Street Fighter IV" game, as an real handheld game, how can it be Street Fighter IV NGP when it hasn't been announced yet?

Emitan

He's confirming online play for the 3DS version. It's Capcom. This honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point.

evangd007

Billychu said:
He's confirming online play for the 3DS version. It's Capcom. This honestly wouldn't surprise me at this point.

I played SSF4 3D online last night bud. That's not something that's a secret, nor something that he'd have to wait until E3 to announce.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Cow Mengde said:
We got Resident Evil on-rails shooter, Castlevania fighter, and Soul Calibur action adventure.
Seeing it like this one can't help but be in awe of how the Wii made 3rd parties run like headless chicken...

MisterHero

You know what, I AM COMPLETELY OPEN to the idea of buying Street Fighter Fit: Dan Hibiki's 7-Minute Saikyo: The Videogame

of course, it would have to be longer than 7 minutes

If it was the Wii, why would they wait till E3 to announce? The game has been out since last month in the U.S. and in 3 months from now will anyone care about some Wii connectivity about a game released a quarter ago? It's clearly something else. I thought this E3 was gonna suck. We already got the NGP announcement and it's too early for PS4 and 720 so this could be awesome. I might actually blow a load tonight over the thought of a potential HD Mario game with PS3/360 graphics (or higher).

Top Bottom