• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ono : Street Fighter 3DS connects to a video game system, can't say more until E3

how could you trust that face? POSTED FOR THE NEW PAGE
nintendo+wii+2+Yoshinori+Ono.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If it doesn't connect to PS3/360's and give us AE for free with Yang Nerfs, I don't give a fuck.

If it doesn't connect to PS3/360's and give us Spectator Mode and Replay modes for Marvel vs Capcom 3, I don't give a fuck.

Seriously, fuck you Capcom. WHERE THE FUCK ARE THESE?

Blueblur1

ShockingAlberto said:
Also, Ono may like getting a rise out of people, but he's not stupid. If Nintendo showed him their new system, he's not going to go out there and start dropping hints when they have not done so already.

Ono was summoned to Iwata's office to apologize for hinting at a hypothetical Nintendo vs. Capcom. He is not going to start talking about their next system.

Hype trains are fun things, but this one is going to slam in to a fucking wall!
This^, people. Read this^ post.

I predict another occurrence of GAF > Internet > GAF, regardless. :p

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Uh, I'm pretty sure the site in the OP is mentioning something from an interview Ono had with Eurogamer a couple of weeks back.

Eurogamer said:
Do you see a future when you'll be able to play Street Fighter on a home console and then transport your profile onto a handheld when you leave the home and continue playing? Is cross-platform play between home and portable consoles possible?

Yoshinori Ono said:
Yeah, I think we're probably three months too early to answer that question. But if you're going to be at E3, see you there.

While the interview was mostly about the 3DE, the actual exchange was so vague that it's no wonder why the site would have extrapolated it that way.

MisterHero

Blueblur1 said:
This^, people. Read this^ post.

I predict another occurrence of GAF > Internet > GAF, regardless. :p
Capcom quoted a GAF post in a slideshow stating their goals to be #1 in offering downloadable content

I think we have GAF and specifically 1 GAFer to blame for Capcom's DLC!

Blueblur1

MisterHero said:
Capcom quoted a GAF post in a slideshow stating their goals to be #1 in offering downloadable content

!!!

Show me this man for I have punishment to deal.

MisterHero said:

You serious? Pics now!

And burn that bastard at the stake!

Azure J

Holy shit. I just realized that if there's anything that could lead GAF into a singularity, it's a Wii 2 hype train led by Yoshinori Ono. :lol :lol :lol

Zomba13

Probably been posted but SSFIV 3DS does connect to a video game system already.
Other 3DSs /trollface

antonz

AzureJericho said:
Holy shit. I just realized that if there's anything that could lead GAF into a singularity, it's a Wii 2 hype train led by Yoshinori Ono. :lol :lol :lol
He is in major Nintendo mode. Gave an Interview to MSN saying hed actually like to Work at Nintendo if he wasnt at Capcom

Are you guys sure this is real? I dont see an interview, link to news source, or mentioning a source in that article. This might be made up for quick hits...

neo2046

3DS Street Fighter 4 3D connects to the Wii Street Fighter Fit, Street Fighter Sports, and Street Fighter kart

Wet dreams for Wii 1.5 or 2:
. Slightly more powerful than the PS3 and 360
. DVD drive (keep cost down)
. Unified friend codes
. 20 to 60gb HDD
. Wiimote and motion sensing improvements
. Mario at launch

EDIT- I think they should just call it Wii HD and save the true sequel for next-gen.

neptunes

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it connects to the Wii, or the next revision of it.

Nintendo wouldn't let some third party Dev, even hint at their next system before they do.

did it ever occur to you guys that he could be talking about a port of Street Fighter 4 for Wii that has 3DS connectivity? I dont know why everyones assuming "zomg Wii 2"

Door2Dawn

Banned
Anticitizen One said:
did it ever occur to you guys that he could be talking about a port of Street Fighter 4 for Wii that has 3DS connectivity? I dont know why everyones assuming "zomg Wii 2"
Why would they port street fighter 4 to the wii so late?

I don't know why everyone is assuming it has to be a game, either.

It could just be an extra way to buy 3DS DLC. Stick the SD card in the Wii, put it in your 3DS after they're paired or something.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Anticitizen One said:
It occurs, but it makes no sense. The reasonable window to announce a Wii port was like...all of last year. Everyone knows the system is on its last legs now.

AniHawk

Serenade said:
Uh, I'm pretty sure the site in the OP is mentioning something from an interview Ono had with Eurogamer a couple of weeks back.

While the interview was mostly about the 3DE, the actual exchange was so vague that it's no wonder why the site would have extrapolated it that way.

if he was just referring to sfiv in general, then i bet it's ps3 to ngp, especially given sony's main plan for the ngp, instead of 3ds to RANDOM CONSOLE.

Crisis

Banned
Anticitizen One said:

Not that I'm rushing to defend this rumor as legitimate, but if this particular game were connecting to the Wii, there's several odd things about that. The first of which is that there is no port of SFIV, Super SFIV for Wii, as it wouldn't really make sense for the work it would take to get the game running on the Wii. I don't think a direct 3DS to Wii port would look very good on a larger screen. But also, they're going to announce Arcade Edition for PS3/360 any day now. If it were coming out for the Wii they probably would have announced it by now. I also don't think the audience is there on the Wii for that game. 3DS is a new system, 360 and PS3 are the largest userbases for that game right now. It'd only make sense with a new game system.

Heavy said:
Wet dreams for Wii 1.5 or 2:
. Slightly more powerful than the PS3 and 360
. DVD drive (keep cost down)
. Unified friend codes
. 20 to 60gb HDD
. Wiimote and motion sensing improvements
. Mario at launch

EDIT- I think they should just call it Wii HD and save the true sequel for next-gen.

You mad bro.

- Twice as powerful as PS3 or 360, minimum
- BluRay drive so we don't get multidisc games and horrible Bink compression
- 250 GB HDD minimum.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Has anyone seen the movie Ichi the Killer? I watched it over the weekend. Ono looks like Ichi the Killer

Door2Dawn said:
Why would they port street fighter 4 to the wii so late?

Didn't wii get ports of COD 4:Modern Warfare, MK:Armaggedon, and a shitload of other games long after the HD versions were released? Im sure Wii will get the new arcade edition and to make up for the graphics there will be exclusive nintendo features (like waggle super moves or something)

-Eddman-

When and where did he "confirm" such connectivity? the source doesn't say.

Sorry, but I can't believe this one. The site looks like a random blog and if he really said something about future connectivity, I guess it will be something like a patch or DLC of the Arcade edition characters and balance modifications.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah, like somebody says, it probably connects to the Wii version of Arcade Edition. He probably can't talk about it because the home versions haven't actually been announced yet, right?

ThoseDeafMutes said:
You mad bro.

- Twice as powerful as PS3 or 360, minimum
- BluRay drive so we don't get multidisc games and horrible Bink compression
- 250 GB HDD minimum.
Actually, would cartridges be a good option? Considering how slowly many PS3 games load (unless you install them), I think it would be nice to see something faster. But then there are DS games like Metroid Prime: Hunters (which loaded slower than the Gamecube game), or 3DS games like Ridge Racer 3D (with ~10 second loading times)...

MisterHero

Why would you do that? said:
Actually, would cartridges be a good option? Considering how slowly many PS3 games load (unless you install them), I think it would be nice to see something faster. But then there are DS games like Metroid Prime: Hunters (which loaded slower than the Gamecube game), or 3DS games like Ridge Racer 3D (with ~10 second loading times)...
Well they are capable of making cards with comparable storage capacities to that of DVDs, but if games in the future are becoming more immersed in HD standards they might need to be bigger than ~8GB.

Loading is more of an issue with RAM rather than storage capacity, however I don't know where or if Nintendo's interest in holographic storage applies.

Top Bottom