• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Makoto Asada (ex-Cave) making three more Xbox One games, one at E3, one at TGS

rrc1594

http://www.totalxbox.com/77011/three-more-japanese-xbox-one-games-are-in-coming/

9d22415bgw1egu7ekxk6oj20hl0ddgmx.jpg

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I'm assuming they meant, Japanese games being announced exclusive on the XBone, but are also being localized, otherwise... what's the point?

I think it would have been obvious that they wouldn't announce any visual novels, but did they ever release VNs over here in the West on the 360?

That article credits Asada as the creator of Deathsmiles and Dodonpachi Maximum. Wrong on both counts. He produced the xbox360 port of Deathsmiles but the original was created by Ikeda, Ichimura and the rest of the CAVE arcade line. Maximum was created by Hiroyuki Kimura and the mobile team.

holysan

Do they create these games mainly for the western market or will they seriously try to set foot in Japan again?

danmaku

What more of a surprise is that the XB1 has more of those types of games announced for it than the PS4.

Microsoft kept good relations with those small devs for the whole 360 cycle (the port of DDP Saidaioujou happened because MS asked for it) and now they're reaping the benefits. It's not that absurd, if you think about it. The Xbox brand has no mass market relevance in Japan, but it's well known among enthusiasts. Clearly, they want to start from there instead of investing in big popular franchises like they did last gen.

I know this is stupid question, but I have to say this...

What is shump?

Short for shoot'em up (think Gradius or R-Type). We can't use the term anymore because FPS took it from us :(

linid0t

Not a shmup huh, pretty disappointing. Still looking forward to seeing what it is though. Xbox once again shaping up to be the Japanese console of choice.

Top Bottom