• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe Gaf: at what price would you pick up a XB1 over PS4?

Shenzakai

Banned
Buddy, you are embarrassing.

Oh, lets have a look on Sony: they've been rated as 'Junk' and rubbish at stock exchange, they have no money, they are selling PC division and excluding TV, selling company buildings etc. pp.

And what about Nintendo: Even though they still have good cash on the banks, they're screwing up massively with Wii U and 3DS isn't as promising as they wish to be plus their foray into health business? Rly?

Why I'm writing this down? Because I'm f*cking SICK of the constanteous bash of Microsoft and the Xbox One. In fact Windows Phone and Surface are gorgeous products if you spent more than 5 minutes with the devices and their distinct features. Same counts for XOne even though I admit that it has some flaws and really bad PR (at least during last years E3), but I can't hear nor read anymore shit about resolutiongate, PR and how Microsoft is fucking up with their products because that is clearly not the case. Just look at the competitors and then you see who is really fucking up. Sony, beside PlayStation, is a ship already nearly sunken and Nintendo is driving itself into oblivion while Iwata gives a FUCK about it but instead is creating 'health business'.

Just to be clear: Personally I'm fine with Nintendo and Sony, I'm not a fanboy. I was a Wii U owner from Day 1 the same as with XOne and when the right games are there I'll go for a PS4. Both systems have substantial flaws as well as Xbox, but that don't makes me throwing a shitload of disrespect on them.

Seriously guys, think about it.

I'd buy one at £429, but I already own a PS4.

For sake of discussion, if I could only get a PS4 or an Xbone. The Xbone would have to be £299 or less, Kinect or no Kinect.

EDIT: I wouldn't bother with a full year XBL sub. I'd just buy a month whenever an exclusive online game came out that interested me.

Striek

AU-Gaf, already have a PS4...but for the sake of argument I suppose if the XBOne was $400 (AUD) it would've been a pretty tough decision. Or an easier decision to get it as a second (/third since I have a Wii U already) console at launch. Although at $600 its not very expensive by our standards (PS4 is $550).

Jburton

Banned
Oh, lets have a look on Sony: they've been rated as 'Junk' and rubbish at stock exchange, they have no money, they are selling PC division and excluding TV, selling company buildings etc. pp.

And what about Nintendo: Even though they still have good cash on the banks, they're screwing up massively with Wii U and 3DS isn't as promising as they wish to be plus their foray into health business? Rly?

Why I'm writing this down? Because I'm f*cking SICK of the constanteous bash of Microsoft and the Xbox One. In fact Windows Phone and Surface are gorgeous products if you spent more than 5 minutes with the devices and their distinct features. Same counts for XOne even though I admit that it has some flaws and really bad PR (at least during last years E3), but I can't hear nor read anymore shit about resolutiongate, PR and how Microsoft is fucking up with their products because that is clearly not the case. Just look at the competitors and then you see who is really fucking up. Sony, beside PlayStation, is a ship already nearly sunken and Nintendo is driving itself into oblivion while Iwata gives a FUCK about it but instead is creating 'health business'.

Just to be clear: Personally I'm fine with Nintendo and Sony, I'm not a fanboy. I was a Wii U owner from Day 1 the same as with XOne and when the right games are there I'll go for a PS4. Both systems have substantial flaws as well as Xbox, but that don't makes me throwing a shitload of disrespect on them.

What has Sony corp got to do with the PS4 and how it is selling, or how weak the X1 is, or how poorly it is selling compared to PS4.

Clearly whatever you think about the X1 is not an opinion shared by the masses.

Don't disrespect your favourite company is what your saying.

Sorry buddy.

The problem here is that i'm a gamer, not a stock holder.

The Sony stock rate doesn't matter to me. XBox One, taking into account my game personal tastes, my lack of interest in Kinect, the services that MS offer in Europe, and a lot of other factors (like having a decent PC), is a much worse investment for me than PS4. And I'm not even entering in the power difference.

And a console is an investment. I prefer to pay 400€ for a PS4 than 200€ for a XBox One, because I prefer to skip the few XBox One full-exclusives than the PS4 exclusives, in the next 4 years. Also, I'm getting games with PSPlus, so I don't really need to invest too much money on PS4. I'll get only the exclusives that interest me more, I'll play PSPlus games and I'll buy most of the multis on sale on Steam or PSN sales.

Kimppis

PS4 has substantial flaws? Oh, I didn't know. I'd like to know more. It's pretty damn good gaming console, for that price, IMO.

KiteGr

25€

I'm willing to buy it for 499€ if they bundle it with a ps4, a ps4 game, 2 ps4 controlers and a ps4 camera.

Replicant

Next thing we know you'll tell us how wonderful Windows 8 and IE 6 really are. What other MS' inferior products you have to peddle here?

And MS deserves every mockery they receive. They've been nothing but vile, deceitful, anti-consumer, engage in dirty campaign against their competitors (Scroggle incident), bribing journalists and youtubers to peddle their product, have lousy support of their products (360 later years), and often released products that are badly manufactured/coded (360, IE)

Puru

I wouldn't buy neither of them above 200 euros, and i doubt i'll even consider the XboxOne with how disappointed i was with the 360.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
I don't know, if you give me a million dollars I might consider choosing the XBone over the PS4 for this whole generation. If I have to pay for it though, it doesn't seem like that great a deal to me as I mostly prefer Sony over Microsoft. Not that I'm interested in any of the new systems at this particular moment since they don't have any games I'm interested in for the foreseeable future. It's never about price anyway, I'll always go to where the games are.

zhao3gold

Banned
Look at these posts. Xbox One or Microsoft is just so hated by Europeans. Well, it is pity that they will skip some good exclusive games on Xbox One.

And not sure if some posts are serious...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

the fumes

TheAssist

To be honest I wouldnt get an xbox if they gifted it to me. MS has done so much wrong the past years (starting with 360 "support"), that I just dont feel compelled. Alls those Xbox exclusive game are mind numbingly boring in my eyes.

I'm primarily a PC gamer with a PS3 for Sony exclusives, which kinda speaks for sony (Buying a console for maybe 2 games a year is a strong argument for those games). I dont see that happening with the Xbone.

But hey, prove me wrong MS.

rvy

Banned
After supporting the Xbox brand while being treated like shit for over a decade, I wouldn't even accept it as a gift, let alone pay money for it.

terrier

Look at these posts. Xbox One or Microsoft is just so hated by Europeans. Well, it is pity that they will skip some good exclusive games on Xbox One.

are you european? do you know that MS does offer way less here than in the US or even UK?
It is not really hate, it is indifference because MS has failed to offer better value outside of english spoken countries, and pricing was its advantage vs ps3, now they have almost no value above PS4 : more expensive, less powerful, less value gold vs psn+, apps behind paywall plus lack of services. Why should anyone pick an XBO over a PS4 unless XBO's exclusives are the games they want?

Ashadur

Neo Member
£250-£300 sounds reasonable, needs to also remove the paywall for applications like Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc.

Vitet

Just one thing, don't say XBO have more possibilities than the PS4, because outside USA or UK that's just laughable.
Pretty much none of the multimedia features showcased for the XBO works here.

That said I don't think I will buy one at any price, but it's just a tastes thing. None of the exclusives clicks me. Maybe Titanfall but I have a good PC. And the same goes for the PS4 at a lesser extent, but maybe I will buy one when the price drops

The price is horrible, but it's not the main issue for me. The Xbox One is rumoured not to be launching until Q3 2014 in my home country of Czech Republic. If I want to play with my friends, I need to buy the PS4.

Kem0sabe

Ill only pick up one of these next gen consoles once their price reaches around 200-250 euros with a bundle. Otherwise, just not worth it.

daniels

What has the stock exchange, Windows Phone and Surface to do with consumers giving xboxone the middle finger after Microsoft tried to fuck everyone over with the biggest powergrab and anti-consumer measuer in the history of the videogame industry?

Wotanik

Banned
Xbone for 199€ if it gets something interesting as it has no exclusivies for me and PS4 does better multiplatforms anyway. I already have PS4.

The topic is asking what it would take to buy Xbone instead of PS4 not in addition too.

Wotanik

Banned

Wow. Such meltdown. Much hate. Very depressing.

Mael

Hey I've seen this post before....here?

On topic :
At this point if they have anything less than Romancing Saga remastered for xbone I'm not even considering walking across the xbone lane in the shops I browse.
Their services are shit here so yeah that won't sway me, also it's out where I live....not like I care that much.

zhao3gold

Banned
are you european? do you know that MS does offer way less here than in the US or even UK?
It is not really hate, it is indifference because MS has failed to offer better value outside of english spoken countries, and pricing was its advantage vs ps3, now they have almost no value above PS4 : more expensive, less powerful, less value gold vs psn+, apps behind paywall plus lack of services. Why should anyone pick an XBO over a PS4 unless XBO's exclusives are the games they want?

I am not European, but I live in Holland. I was also pissed to Microsoft because they still don't release Xbox One officially here and make me purchase games from Germany or France.

But I understood that the contents MS offered to European gamers a way less than US or UK. I have double Xbox Live account (NL and US), and the offered contents are like day and night.

Anyway, I still think to completely overlook Xbox One is not so smart. I believe MS will try their best to offer exclusive games for Xbox One because this is the only way they can keep some attractions from gamers.

Wanchan

Will never buy Xbone since MS showed us how they could potentially shit on consumers rights whenever they want.

Also i grow tired of begin ripped off with the GOLD subscription i paid for years, without any real addition to the live services of my country, all my money went to pay new services on US xbox live, i gain more by being a PS+ member for 2 months than being a Live Gold member for years.

Sorry for my bad englando.

zhao3gold

Banned
As a Xbox fan, I want to say this to European gamers: give Microsoft and Xbox One a chance. Don't completely ignore it. At least, the upcoming lineup of 2014 looks nice: SO, QB, Halo, Below, D4 and Project Spark.

terrier

I am not European, but I live in Holland. I was also pissed to Microsoft because they still don't release Xbox One officially here and make me purchase games from Germany or France.

But I understood that the contents MS offered to European gamers a way less than US or UK. I have double Xbox Live account (NL and US), and the offered contents are like day and night.

Anyway, I still think to completely overlook Xbox One is not so smart. I believe MS will try their best to offer exclusive games for Xbox One because this is the only way they can keep some attractions from gamers.

it is never smart to overlook a product, obviously. But the same way many people in UK or US overlooked Playstation past generation, now there's people that overlook XBO , for many reasons,. but the main one may be because of price:it is that is way more expensive. That is probably the main reason if you are not considering exclusives.

rvy

Banned
Will never buy Xbone since MS showed us how they could potentially shit on consumers rights whenever they want.

Also i grow tired of begin ripped off with the GOLD subscription i paid for years, without any real addition to the live services of my country, all my money went to pay new services on US xbox live, i gain more by being a PS+ member for 2 months than being a Live Gold member for years.

Sorry for my bad englando.

I bet you only got the YT app by December of last year, lol.
I know that feel.

As a Xbox fan, I want to say this to European gamers: give Microsoft and Xbox One a chance. Don't completely ignore it. At least, the upcoming lineup of 2014 looks nice: SO, QB, Halo, Below, D4 and Project Spark.

Uh huh.

And what have they done for Europeans to earn a chance? Aside from ripping us off with Gold and offering no services to most countries?
Not to mention their amazing and failed attempt to fuck over our rights as consumers.

£200 - £250 with a game and 6 months live.

Would not be able to justify paying two online subscriptions and PS+ is far better value.

This is where the real problem for anyone buying a second console this gen, two online subscription costs ........... and I think it will be MS that loses out because of it, Live is not a value product and as more people buy PS4 as their first console of this gen the less likely they will buy a second due to the extra cost.

Making PS+ mandatory might actually be the smartest thing Sony did this gen.

this - couldnt agree more

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

out of those, only quantum break and below look particularly interesting, and below will come out on ps4

moreover, that will be more or less it for interesting 1st party exclusives for the xbone's life, i'm pretty certain. they've laid their cards on the table, they've cancelled one of the only potentially interesting 1st party title so that the studio can pump out gears of war until all interest in the series is long dead. then they'll close down black tusk and lay off the staff.

MS thought they would Wii this gen, and now they don't know what to do. it'll be a long, protracted death for xbone and i feel sorry for anybody who's bought one.

manzo

199€ with Quantum Break pack-in and no Kinect.

Microsoft deserves all the shit from my point of view. I play video games on my consoles, nothing else. The merits these consoles have in my eyes ONLY come from the games they play. Currently, Xbox One is not doing so well.

Kinect is only a hindrance for "real" games, unless proven otherwise. No merits whatsoever outside of dance games or casual stuff.

When 95% of the games come for both platforms, there is just no reason to pay 100€ more for shittier ports, when there is a superior alternative available. That's why I stuck with the 360 last gen, better ports of multiplatform games.

The PS3 was only for exclusives and games that performed way better on that particular platform last gen. Xbox One will be the same this gen. 199€ with a good pack-in is when I will plunge, but currently, God no.

Top Bottom