• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny Dreadful |OT| League of Extraordinary Gentleman, Take 2 - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

igsMNKnOpBz4Q.png

iBjgBgucuduk0.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh man...I can't tell if this is a show aimed at me, or just at people who like the same affect and thing corsets are hot.

Guess I'll watch the pilot

obin_gam

I liked the pilot and this show has ALOT of potential. Hope they dont get dragged down in pace though. It needs to be fast moving.

Great OT, OddOne

Really enjoyed the pilot, hope the rest of the season can maintain that kind of tone and quality

Oh, and nitpicky side note: title should be "Gentlemen", not "Gentleman"

The pilot was okay. But I suppose being British I'm more used to seeing that 19th century Victorian London aesthetic, so I'm going to be less wowed by it.

Vagabundo

This was shot in Dublin and my father in law is an extra in many of the scenes. Can't wait to try and catch him in it.

A lot of the extras were on Ripper Street as well so you might see a lot of the same faces between the two.

blackflag

If there's any way to get someone to not watch something, it might be that subtitle....assuming the person hasn't read the GN and only watched the terrible movie.

I liked the pilot. I actually enjoy that the characters are not quite like the originals that they are homages to. At the very least, it's a fresh new twist on Frankenstein, and I love how much of a little genius asshole Victor is.

Also, I'm gonna need more Sembene.

3N16MA

Banned
I volunteered to do this OT over in the community thread but you did a great job, TheOddOne (as always).

TheOddOne

I volunteered to do this OT over in the community thread but you did a great job, TheOddOne (as always).
Oh, my bad.

Asked in the last "What TV shows will you be watching?" thread and both Cornballer and Ratsky were not sure if anybody was going to do it. Initially we thought NotTheGuyYouKill was going to do it, because he made the announcement thread but after conversing with him he declined. So long story short, I stepped in.

I'll try and keep an eye on the community thread over there, but in general if you want to do a TV thread, it's a good idea to check in with one of the main TV threads (here or here currently). It also makes sense to mention it in the current prerelease thread (here in this case) just so everyone knows.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
The pilot was just awesome, really great visuals and atmosphere. The acting was good too..wonderful pacing to the storytelling which was very interesting thru out the whole episode.
Im surprised to get a Gothic Horror show that has a real serious tone and quality these days,,I figured the best we'd get is Starz Spartacus Cheesy awesomeness..but this does seem to be trying to be HBO good. Very excited for more

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
That was alright. Production was good, with some interesting teases here and there, although nothing blew me away. I appreciate that there are some genuine attempts at horror here, not just the trappings of it.

As a pilot, I think it would have been smarter to end on a bigger hook, instead of the
no shit, he's Dr Frankenstein
'reveal'. Because seriously, no shit.

Heh, because of course
Mina is Sir Malcolm's daughter, should've called that based on the last name

The
Egyptian connection and the vampire's exoskeleton
are intriguing. Those elements seem like the most unique to the world so far.

Kevin

That was alright. Production was good, with some interesting teases here and there, although nothing blew me away. I appreciate that there are some genuine attempts at horror here, not just the trappings of it.

As a pilot, I think it would have been smarter to end on a bigger hook, instead of the

Heh, because of course

The

The episode wasn't perfect but I am really hopeful for this series. If it ends up being good, I really hope it lives beyond one season. So much potential for a series like this and it kind of reminds me of Supernatural when that was still good. There isn't much in offerings when it comes to horror tv so I take what I can get but I do believe this one has a bunch of potential. It just might take a little time to before it reaches that potential.

bengraven

Heh, because of course

The

I didn't even notice his last name, but had I then I would have also realized it.

I like the thing about
there's at least one great vampire out there in the city...*cue the Dragulaaaaa trailer music*...

3N16MA

Banned
Oh, my bad.

Asked in the last "What TV shows will you be watching?" thread and both Cornballer and Ratsky were not sure if anybody was going to do it. Initially we thought NotTheGuyYouKill was going to do it, because he made the announcement thread but after conversing with him he declined. So long story short, I stepped in.

I'll try and keep an eye on the community thread over there, but in general if you want to do a TV thread, it's a good idea to check in with one of the main TV threads (here or here currently). It also makes sense to mention it in the current prerelease thread (here in this case) just so everyone knows.

Will keep that in mind but to be honest it's not a big deal. TheOddOne did a great job on this thread and truth be told having this OT saved me some time.

Man, just watching the trailer, can Alan Moore sue them?

Its like they pitched a LoEG TV show and failed to get the rights, so made a knock off.

Also what have they done to Eva Green!!!? She has been ravishing in everything I've seen her in, but she looks sickly and bad in this.

Will watch,

obin_gam

Its like they pitched a LoEG TV show and failed to get the rights, so made a knock off.

Its the same thing as in Fables vs. Once Upon A Time. What they should have done is not what they actually did do :/

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Alan Moore really wouldn't have a case. The only similarities thus far are really the time period, environment and the broad concept of combining different literary characters/archtypes. It's a very far cry from running afoul of intellectual property laws.

Fox was working on a LoEG TV show last year. I assume it stalled out with the pilot script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom