• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

I replayed MGS2 HD today, jesus fucking christ this game holds up so well, I had a blast.

MGS2 was also my first PS2 game so I assumed it would be nostalgia, but nope it's so good still holy shit.

I totally forgot about that!

Silent Hills! I hope Kojima spends as much effort into this as in MGSV!

I'm just worried on how much input Del Toro will have with Silent Hills.

On one hand he can write amazing stuff like Pan's Labyrinth on the other hand he can write mediocre shit like The Strain books, then again those just read like movie script translated into books so we will see.

you tell me.

Aye, that it is. ;_;

Facepalm.gif

Thursday - March 12, 2015.

That is when they'll announce the release date.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat a fultoned goat.

That is such a long way away for something we should have had a window on months ago. But you could be on to something! Besides, there could be a Kojima Station scheduled for that day (though it has yet been listed).

How crazy would it be if the game had its main theme back ? I would lose my mind as soon as I would hear it. MGS3 was the last to have it, over ten years ago.

I replayed MGS2 HD today, jesus fucking christ this game holds up so well, I had a blast.

MGS2 was also my first PS2 game so I assumed it would be nostalgia, but nope it's so good still holy shit.

Awww yisss. I still think MGS2 had the best opening out of all the other MGS's with MGS4 being being a second. Dat rain with the strange man walking and you begin thinking if he's Snake or not but deep inside you feel that's him, then he starts running and you think shit, it's Snake, right!? then BOOM stealth camouflage activated and you''re all like "fuck, welcome back Snake!" but then it gets better, he fucking jumps of a bridge and you're all like IS HE NUTS?! but at the same time that soundtrack, my god that soundtrack only for you to find out he has a rope on him. Then he drops down with the camouflage device ruined resulting in Snake appearing as if he's The Terminator. You even get a quick glimpse of Ocelot while he plays with his revolver, fuck! so good.

Palpable

Awww yisss. I still think MGS2 had the best opening out of all the other MGS's with MGS4 being being a second. Dat rain with the strange man walking and you begin thinking if he's Snake or not but deep inside you feel that's him, then he starts running and you think shit, it's Snake, right!? then BOOM stealth camouflage activated and you''re all like "fuck, welcome back Snake!" but then it gets better, he fucking jumps of a bridge and you're all like IS HE NUTS?! but at the same time that soundtrack, my god that soundtrack only for you to find out he has a rope on him. Then he drops down with the camouflage device ruined resulting in Snake appearing as if he's The Terminator. You even get a quick glimpse of Ocelot while he plays with his revolver, fuck! so good.

I think MGS2's intro is the best overall, but come on... how can you not think Big Boss scaling the cliff in GZ is not a close contender? The badass sfx to boot; DUUUUN DUN DUN DUUN!

I think MGS2's intro is the best overall, but come on... how can you not think Big Boss scaling the cliff in GZ is not a close contender? The badass sfx to boot; DUUUUN DUN DUN DUUN!

Nah, Big Boss's skydiving in MGS3 is more impressive. If it only didn't take that fucking much to get to the act of skydiving.

Do you guys think we will get an epic infiltration scene in TPP? From what we've seen, it looks like the game starts out with the infiltration of a Russian base in Afghanistan by horseback...not that exciting. A sacrifice for having a open world perhaps.

Do you guys think we will get an epic infiltration scene in TPP? From what we've seen, it looks like the game starts out with the infiltration of a Russian base in Afghanistan by horseback...not that exciting. A sacrifice for having a open world perhaps.

the opening is (presumably) in the hospital though

Actually, Kojima has said he's always wanted a game where, rather than the player being dropped at the base, the player has to prepare for and travel to a base for infiltration! I fully expect this to be the case with just about every TPP mission.

It'll be badass though. Every single MGS opening has somehow been fantastic.

oh, no doubt

Actually, Kojima has said he's always wanted a game where, rather than the player being dropped at the base, the player has to prepare for and travel to a base for infiltration! I fully expect this to be the case with just about every TPP mission.

yeup! he's said that many times. MGS3 is literally that concept. side note: which is why MGS3 would be the easiest open world fox engine game to make. the ground work is there already

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I fully expect this to happen in TPP too.
Infiltrate Outer Heaven as Solid Snake

Yup, that's why i think Tora and Co are annoyed since they are just sitting around pre-gaming the marketing push every single day going over the details on how to proceed once Kojima gives the green light.

Impatient-Cookie-Monster.gif

Yeah, kinda like that. To be fair, it's no longer waiting on people, it's more like just coming to an agreement on the details. We operate on a global scale, you know.

Tora always ignores my questions about Suikoden

smug.gif

Whatchu wanna know? There's a difference between ignoring and being unable to (in theory, not effect).

If i were to rank the openings.
1- Metal gear solid 2
2-Metal gear solid 3
3- Metal gear solid
4- Metal gear solid 4

For me it's:

1 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Because
the double infiltration with the Virtuous Mission and then Operation Snake Eater makes it the clear winner for me. The H.A.L.O. jump would have been epic enough, but we are treated to a second and more intense infiltration scenario as the A-12 transports Naked Snake in the D-21 drone deep into enemy territory. Harry Gregson-Williams accompanying score lends a ton of intensity and drama to the scene as well. Legendary stuff.

2). Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - Because
of the similarities to the Ground Zeroes opening. Big Boss and Solid Snake both free-climb a precipice to reach the infiltration point. A heavy amount of stoic badassery on display here

3). Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty - Not least of which is because of Harry Gregson-Williams amazing musical accompaniment making it even better.
The leap off the bridge with the subsequent landing on the deck of the carrier is still amazing by even todays lofty standards. A true memorable moment in gaming

4). Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid - They are tied in my mind because
the infiltration is the same [via waterway]
. MGS has more panache and style, but the original is the OG and I love them both.

Palpable

Impatient-Cookie-Monster.gif

Yeah, kinda like that. To be fair, it's no longer waiting on people, it's more like just coming to an agreement on the details. We operate on a global scale, you know.

Sounds like the release date has been agreed upon already, then. Figuring out the specifics seems to be all that is left. amirite?

Sounds like the release date has been agreed upon already, then. Figuring out the specifics seems to be all that is left. amirite?

Assume nothing. I just mean that it isn't like we're just sitting here on our hands while someone else makes the decision. It's something all teams are working together to unite and form up on, like some sort of corporate Voltron.

EDIT: Also, it bears repeating that any and all opinions expressed are my own and do not represent the viewpoint of, or messaging of Konami and its partners.

Assume nothing. I just mean that it isn't like we're just sitting here on our hands while someone else makes the decision. It's something all teams are working together to unite and form up on, like some sort of corporate Voltron.

I love Voltron and I love Konami! I also love Kojima Productions and better yet, I love release dates. ;)

I just hope the MGSV:TPP is a good one! [i.e. relatively close]

You're pretty okay too, ToraShiro. :)

oboy.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

The details huh? It's happening, hope Batzi will be here to see it.

i'm sorry man, you're a good dude. but why can't i play portable ops on my vita?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom