• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes Reborn - Tim Kring gets a do-over

Status
Not open for further replies.
i5hVIqK.png

Cast:

Some actors I guess

Plot:

Kill the Cheerleader, ???, profit

Heres an IGN review if anyone wants to read IGN. Anyone else in for another ride? Lets discuss amongst ourselves. The premiere is tomorrow (Thursday) night. Anyone going to watch? Anyone going to say they wont watch but secretly will hoping it might actually be good?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/23/heroes-reborn-awakening-odessa-review

XBP

Really excited for this. Heroes was one of my favorite tv shows back then and I was gutted when the show was canceled, despite the last two seasons not being that good.

Hoping it's good. Season one had me hooked when it first aired.

Sucks I don't get NBC off my antenna and I don't have net at the moment. Guess I'll have to catch up later :(

WillyFive

I wonder how this show will address fight scenes. TV superhero shows have come a long way since the original Heroes aired; I wonder if they will be able to pull off a "22 episodes of build-up and the last 20 minutes of episode 23 being the superhero fight" formula again. It worked in Season 1 because it had such great writing and characters; but can't expect that considering it didn't go so well for later seasons....

I wonder how this show will address fight scenes. TV superhero shows have come a long way since the original Heroes aired; I wonder if they will be able to pull off a "22 episodes of build-up and the last 20 minutes of episode 23 being the superhero fight" formula again. It worked in Season 1 because it had such great writing and characters; but can't expect that considering it didn't go so well for later seasons....

This season is only 13 epusodes so that might help their SFX budget and pacing.

wamberz1

We definitely need more action, and there's no reason we can't have it - special effects have come a long way since the original, and if other shows like the flash can afford a fight scene per episode then i hope this can too.

Mariolee

As much as I love Zachary Levi I can't bring myself to have any hopes over this show. The trailers looked incredibly bad and everything felt so dated compared to all the superhero shows we have right now. I'll try to give it a chance, but man...

An-Det

I'll definitely watch it. I watched the original to the bitter end, and for all it's problems I'll still come back.

I hadn't watched any of it since the series finale, so I've been rewatching it to see how it holds up to me. Season 1 had some flaws but really reminded me of why people fell in love with it, Season 2 had some issues but was definitely better than I remembered it being back then. So far Season 3 has crawled up it's own ass, but I remember 4 being an improvement, so that's something to look forward to.

jerry113

Banned
Suitable OT.

I'd be surprised if this thing is any good. Bryan Fuller was the reason why the first season was even good.

I used to be a huge fan of the show back when I was 15-16 and one of its few apologists on the official message boards (lol did any of you guys hang out on 9thwonders.com?).

That being said, I have no high hopes for this miniseries and I'm watching it simply because its brief, something to watch and out of morbid curiosity. The only true reservation I have about it is that one of the main cast members is a teenaged boy.

mjc

I wanted to watch it for Henry Zobrowski, but I might not. Show never regained it's heights from season one.

jadedm17

I just saw this was a thing last night and I'm super positive; I'm a very jaded and judgemental adult but this looks fun and semi-promising.

I doubt it will capture the charm of the original but I. Older and bitter, anything not Breaking Bad seems easily torn apart to me. Expectations needs to be kept in check.

jb1234

I wanted to watch it for Henry Zobrowski, but I might not. Show never regained it's heights from season one.

I rewatched the first season recently to see if it was just a fluke and it forced me to conclude that the show was never really that great. It just started out better than what it eventually became. It was just easier to forgive at the time because there was nothing else like it on television, which definitely isn't the case today.

gblues

Banned
Season 1 of Heroes was good when it aired, but the "shadow conspiracy out to wreck shit as a power grab" thing was done better in S1 of Arrow. Season 2 got hamstrung by the writer's strike, and the show never recovered after that. Sylar got Voyager'd into a minor character after S1 set him up to be a legit supervillian.

I hope NBC's hired some decent writers this time around, because unlike in 2006 where the only other superhero show on the air was Smallville, it's going up against a lot of powerhouses: Arrow, Flash, and Gotham on the DC side, and Agents of Shield, Daredevil, and Agent Carter on the Marvel side.

I want it to succeed, but even being S1-of-OG-Heroes-good isn't going to cut it in the current TV climate.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I rewatched the first season recently to see if it was just a fluke and it forced me to conclude that the show was never really that great. It just started out better than what it eventually became. It was just easier to forgive at the time because there was nothing else like it on television, which definitely isn't the case today.

this is the cold truth everyone eventually realizes

Season 1 of Heroes was good when it aired, but the "shadow conspiracy out to wreck shit as a power grab" thing was done better in S1 of Arrow. Season 2 got hamstrung by the writer's strike, and the show never recovered after that. Sylar got Voyager'd into a minor character after S1 set him up to be a legit supervillian.

I really hated that they brought him back almost immediately after S1 ended. Didn't even give it a while to build up. And I was sick of him by that point.

Famassu

I've never succeeded in watching through the original series. I've tried at least three or four times but I can never seem to get to the end. The furthest I've gotten is probably the mid-point of season 3 or something. It's one of those things I want to do just because I started it and I hate leaving things unfinished (especially since the first season had its good points), but I just always lose interest long before the end.

kurahador

I was just done watching Season 4 for the first time. I thought it wasn't too bad, it was alot better than S2 and S3.
It was just too slow with no real main story so unlike S1-S3 was presented.

Can't wait for this.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two hour premiere is tonight:

Brave New World; Odessa

In a new world order, people with extraordinary abilities are in hiding and are hunted by those with nefarious motives following a catastrophic terrorist attack in Odessa, Texas.

Grym

My wife is watching. So I'll be here complaining about how stupid it is shortly thereafter
please prove me wrong Heroes Reborn

Sober

I got bad news for everyone: Apparently, the Irish lady stuck in the future never gets brought up!

#Justice4Caitlin
Hoping she comes back as a villain or something to take revenge on Peter Petrelli and then realizes he hasn't been cast.

HEROES seemed like one of those instances where someone designed a really great pilot without much thought put into an entire series.

The first season pushed on, had some promising stuff, and survived. It had a ton of room to progress. Everything after S1 was just a downward spiral of poor character development, wasted ideas, and carelessness.

Kring and Co. had the perfect opportunity to make a decent budget X-Men show without directly being X-Men. I can't think of another show that had such a promising first season that completely shit the bed so quickly.

It honestly doesn't surprise me that this 're-do' is meeting with negative reviews. No one asked for this.

blakep267

I'll watch but there is no do over. Unless they somehow bring Peter back and he is the badass that we deserve and he has a final face off against sylar. But that will never happen

Prompto

Banned
I'm starting to think Bryan Fuller was the only reason season 1 was any good. They should have brought him back instead of Kring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom