• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes Reborn - Tim Kring gets a do-over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somnia

They might have powers but at the end of the day they're just people, most people wouldn't know what to do when people start shooting and would freak out. You don't automatically become some superhero just because you have powers.

Glad someone else gets it.

They also clearly said they can't control their powers to the kid, but apparently no one else heard that :p

WillyFive

They might have powers but at the end of the day they're just people, most people wouldn't know what to do when people start shooting and would freak out. You don't automatically become some superhero just because you have powers.

That would be an excellent scene, but that is not what it seemed to me. If they wanted to do that scene, they did not do an effective job.

That was no Violet in the plane from The Incredibles.

WarMacheen

I honestly can't remember how people got powers in the first place. Was it a natural (generic mutation/eclipse) or man-made?

Genetic I think, been a long ass time since I watched the original. Could have been the eclipse or something that triggered the mutation

EDIT: From the heroes wiki: How they got their powers is a mystery

I'm liking this so far.

Genetic I think, been a long ass time since I watched the original. Could have been the eclipse or something that triggered the mutation

EDIT: From the heroes wiki: How they got their powers is a mystery
Oh okay, thanks! I looked at the wiki too but figured it was just outdated.

Edit: Thanks, Somnia!

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't know Wesley Snipes had a new show.

Somnia

FFS, I took another peek and they're not even translating they're taking liberty with the language again.

So you're popping in and out and not watching and gonna judge it? Hmmm

edit: That's like reading the first chapter of a book, skipping a 3rd of it and reading another and then reading the end and going "this is shit!" I mean everyone is entitled to what they like and don't like, but come on.

sighs as much as I hated the later seasons of Heroes.... I have to watch this. Anything with superpowers and I just have to watch it and just hope that we get to see awesome fights between villains and heroes.

So you're popping in and out and not watching and gonna judge it? Hmmm

edit: That's like reading the first chapter of a book, skipping a 3rd of it and reading another and then reading the end and going "this is shit!" I mean everyone is entitled to what they like and don't like, but come on.

I already know what's happening. It's the same crap in a different way.

There's an organization. It's hunting heroes. This time it's mostly killing them. There's a big danger coming. There's call backs to events from the past. There's a guy wiping memories. They're translating language poorly.

It's like Season One all over again.

And I just left the channel on but mostly stopped paying attention.

sighs as much as I hated the later seasons of Heroes.... I have to watch this. Anything with superpowers and I just have to watch it and just hope that we get to see awesome fights between villains and heroes.

Flashbacks of Peter vs Sylar fight scene behind closed doors with psychedelic lights. Damn, I was so god damn mad over that shit. So much build up, and nothing.....

Somnia

I already know what's happening. It's the same crap in a different way.

There's an organization. It's hunting heroes. This time it's mostly killing them. There's a big danger coming. There's call backs to events from the past. There's a guy wiping memories. They're translating language poorly.

It's like Season One all over again.

And I just left the channel on but mostly stopped paying attention.

Well to each their own, enjoy watching something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom