• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes Reborn - Tim Kring gets a do-over

Status
Not open for further replies.

yodandy

I have extremely low expectations for this even with Chuck as a bad guy in it. I was PUMPED when it was announced to be a reboot, then HRG was added, then one by one they just kept adding old actors. meh. Hoping to be surprised.

edit: now that I think about it this OP sums up my excitement level perfectly. bravo.

Heroes had so much potential to be great but seeing everything get worse after S1 was saddening. If this is even halfway decent, I'll be happy.

Slayven

So they calling the folks Evos now? what did they call them in the OG series? seem like they were afriead to give them a label?

Remember when this show was a national sensation and they had huge parties for it?

Shit i knew every people that created big sites and forums for it.

Fan of the original first season (like most people) and stopped watching after the second season (like most people). I have zero faith they'll get this reboot right.

faridmon

OK, I'll watch it.

I don't have a clue about the original series. I heard it was terrible, bar of course the first season, but I am not watching it just in case it makes me want to watch the rest of it.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Didn't even realize it was premiering this soon.

I might sit out on this. I was put through too much with the original run.

WillyFive

OK, I'll watch it.

I don't have a clue about the original series. I heard it was terrible, bar of course the first season, but I am not watching it just in case it makes me want to watch the rest of it.

The 1st season was designed to be standalone, you could watch it without ever even thinking about later seasons. Just pretend the show only ran for one season, and you'll have one of the best single seasons of scripted TV of the 2000's.

WarMacheen

Are you fucking kidding me. A room full of powered people and none of them can stop two people with guns.

I mean FFS one of them turns invisible, one has fire powers, and one is fast....and they didn't do anything.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Are you fucking kidding me. A room full of powered people and none of them can stop two people with guns.

I mean FFS one of them turns invisible, one has fire powers, and one is fast....and they didn't do anything.

Speedy McSpeedster decided to just flail about like an idiot for some reason.

Yeah that was odd, and the fast guy shouldve been able to kill em both easily or atleast you know escape.

Doorman

I am so not used to seeing Chuck as a villain.

So far this seems to be relying quite a bit on people remembering at least some of the previous series, given how much they're throwing around with no real context.

Somnia

I don't get some complaints, effects aren't that bad for TV. Yes it's odd they couldn't stop two people, but they are constantly on the run, they also said they couldn't control their powers right before to the kid and obviously don't get to practice them.

I am enjoying it so far.

Edit: Again to above post they stated right before they couldn't control their powers.

DominoKid

I am so not used to seeing Chuck as a villain.

So far this seems to be relying quite a bit on people remembering at least some of the previous series, given how much they're throwing around with no real context.

i watched it and i still dont remember this shit.

I'm not surprised the reviews are bad. It looks awful.

I was thinking about giving it a chance, but that was before I realized I'd need to watch the original Heroes first, and before I really saw much in the way of commercials.

woolley

They might have powers but at the end of the day they're just people, most people wouldn't know what to do when people start shooting and would freak out. You don't automatically become some superhero just because you have powers.

WarMacheen

They might have powers but at the end of the day they're just people, most people wouldn't know what to do when people start shooting and would freak out. You don't automatically become some superhero just because you have powers.

I don't know man, in a world where people hate you because you have powers, I would at least learn how to use the powers I have to protect myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom