• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

Swamped

Banned
VOTE: Blargonaut

I know what your reputation, and I'm just gonna tell you I ain't about that life, fam.

NOBODY VOTES FOR BLARGY-BOY

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

Pop implies he's not a fan of Blarg's style, but Blarg hasn't even had a chance to post in the thread yet...

i'm town doctor

I'm sure there's a reason why Darryl posted this, and it's to spur discussion, although I'm not sure that it actually worked. Only thing I noticed was that Pop says he didn't believe Darryl, but I guess that's not enough for him to place a vote on Darryl.

Could the claim be a bold Chaos gambit? Maybe, but it's too early to say.

Swamped

Banned
What are your thoughts on lynch vs. no lynch on day 1?

These games usually have neutrals in them, what are you expecting based on any information we have so far?

The game size is 17. How many scum do you think there are?

1. Meh, let's lynch someone. I'd prefer if there wasn't a clear lynch target though.

2. Our win condition is to kill Chaos warriors only. There may not even be any neutrals in this game, and if there are we don't need to eliminate them to win.

3. I would guess 3.5

nin1000

Banned
Aw, where are my CET players?

This game is dead :( thought it would explode the moment it went live but its saddening to look at it.

I dont know where to begin since i was sick yesterday and i dont have any feeling of the players that chimed in up to this point.

Sorian and Daryll are just being themselves, nothing to worry about at this moment since most of the time the game itself will handle them.

Sorian

Banned
I'm sure there's a reason why Darryl posted this, and it's to spur discussion, although I'm not sure that it actually worked. Only thing I noticed was that Pop says he didn't believe Darryl, but I guess that's not enough for him to place a vote on Darryl.

Could the claim be a bold Chaos gambit? Maybe, but it's too early to say.

I've responded to it as well but I'm in the camp that Darryl was being sarcastic or otherwise poking out to get a reaction.

1. Meh, let's lynch someone. I'd prefer if there wasn't a clear lynch target though.

2. Our win condition is to kill Chaos warriors only. There may not even be any neutrals in this game, and if there are we don't need to eliminate them to win.

3. I would guess 3.5

The questions were more as a new player orientation (since I've never played with Sophia) but thank you Swamped.

Sorian

Banned
This game is dead :( thought it would explode the moment it went live but its saddening to look at it.

I dont know where to begin since i was sick yesterday and i dont have any feeling of the players that chimed in up to this point.

Sorian and Daryll are just being themselves, nothing to worry about at this moment since most of the time the game itself will handle them.

Also yeah, I was going to bump the thread a few times last night but then I figured I could blame Star Wars and just decided to leave it be until morning.

nin1000

Banned
Concering inactive players, what are your thoughts on them ?
Obviously its early in the game but still a relevant question .

Sorian

Banned
Hey guys, I'm on a chocobo so apologies for not being able to post much.

Yep, I agree. Let me vote with you.

VOTE: Sorian

Huh, I got so caught up with Darryl, I didn't even notice this vote (just saw your name crossed out under me when Nin posted it), what was this vote about? And what's with your other junk vote on Pop?

Sorian

Banned
Concering inactive players, what are your thoughts on them ?
Obviously its early in the game but still a relevant question .

I'm giving them 24 hours from start time, if we still haven't heard from them then I'm in the camp of policy lynch if things are still not happening.

nin1000

Banned
Huh, I got so caught up with Darryl, I didn't even notice this vote (just saw your name crossed out under me when Nin posted it), what was this vote about? And what's with your other junk vote on Pop?

i think she saw how agressive your were against other players

nin1000

Banned
I'm giving them 24 hours from start time, if we still haven't heard from them then I'm in the camp of policy lynch if things are still not happening.

Same here , i am sick and tired of players who decide to take part in this game, knowing that they will have to take part in it quite a bit. ( even more in a Mid-Season game )

nin1000

Banned
Also, she's a big girl, she can answer for herself.

Do you feel the pressure Sorian ?
FFIV_TAY_Double_Pressure.png

Sorian

Banned
Well , its only one vote Sorian, you dont see me crying over yours do you ?

;_________________________;

*pat* *pat*

But no, she was actually vote number 3 on me. Hyper blamed RNG, Darryl obviously made his opinion known. Swamped seems to have bandwagoned and then joke voted Pop later.

nin1000

Banned
*pat* *pat*

But no, she was actually vote number 3 on me. Hyper blamed RNG, Darryl obviously made his opinion known. Swamped seems to have bandwagoned and then joke voted Pop later.

What did she say after that ? Should we be concerned ? What are your thoughts on her ?

Sorian

Banned
What did she say after that ? Should we be concerned ? What are your thoughts on her ?

Well she gave me flak for the Darryl situation but her vote went out before I engaged Darryl so that's inconsistent. She did later point out something that has me worried about another player but I'm holding that close to my chest for now because I'm observing said player to see what happens. So she is acting sketchy but if I think the other player is scum, she probably isn't. I'm playing the watching and waiting game with her.

nin1000

Banned
Well she gave me flak for the Darryl situation but her vote went out before I engaged Darryl so that's inconsistent.
I agree
She did later point out something that has me worried about another player but I'm holding that close to my chest for now because I'm observing said player to see what happens.
who is that player ? can you hint at him or her ?

So she is acting sketchy but if I think the other player is scum, she probably isn't. I'm playing the watching and waiting game with her.

For now we both are playing the waiting game, thank god at least you are here. If not it would have been time for me to turn into you know who :D

The game started and yet it feels like most of the players did not even realize that it did.

Sorian

Banned
To be more clear Sorian, what are your thoughts on

Xamtheking

Well she gave me flak for the Darryl situation but her vote went out before I engaged Darryl so that's inconsistent. She did later point out something that has me worried about another player but I'm holding that close to my chest for now because I'm observing said player to see what happens. So she is acting sketchy but if I think the other player is scum, she probably isn't. I'm playing the watching and waiting game with her.

Xam seems to be very cautious, just something I noticed right off the bat. Is he trying to avoid Sorian/Darryl heat on himself?

Meh, might as well since you are dragging it up anyway. I watched Xam make a fool of himself a few times in the werewolf games and suddenly he's all quiet and reserved here so far. I wanted to give it more time since it was only one day and who knows if there was some RL reason. He might have taken to heart some of the advice that he needs to take the game more seriously after he died but he may also be holding back a bit more since he has a smaller team (scum) and his death has a bigger impact so he is trying to be more background this time.

Sorian

Banned
Well, time to bring him into the foreground then.

vote:Xamtheking

So why did you originally bring him up? Were you guessing at who I was talking about or did you have your own opinion of him?

It's the Sorian and Nin show starring Sorian and Nin

nin1000

Banned
So why did you originally bring him up?
Why did i bring him up ? It was the only thing worth mentioning besides you Vs Daryll
Were you guessing at who I was talking about
Since almost no one was talking it was a wild guess, but as always i was right !

or did you have your own opinion of him?
This is the first time i am playing with him so i dont have an opinion of him.
I always start fresh after each game. So no hard feelings towards any of you guys

Well, time to bring him into the foreground then.

vote:Xamtheking
Layer Xamtheking -> Arrange -> Bring to Front
I took my past play to heart, I feel personally responsible for Darryl's death in some other game as a result of my sloppy play. Additionally, being in a spectator thread has helped me appreciate the style of longplay, which I was unfamiliar with.

Sorian

Banned
Meh, might as well since you are dragging it up anyway. I watched Xam make a fool of himself a few times in the werewolf games and suddenly he's all quiet and reserved here so far. I wanted to give it more time since it was only one day and who knows if there was some RL reason. He might have taken to heart some of the advice that he needs to take the game more seriously after he died but he may also be holding back a bit more since he has a smaller team (scum) and his death has a bigger impact so he is trying to be more background this time.

I took my past play to heart, I feel personally responsible for Darryl's death in some other game as a result of my sloppy play. Additionally, being in a spectator thread has helped me appreciate the style of longplay, which I was unfamiliar with.

lol I really should have let it sit for awhile and watched. I don't completely trust you yet, this is also the play of someone who realized they have to pull their weight for their team to have a chance.

lol I really should have let it sit for awhile and watched. I don't completely trust you yet, this is also the play of someone who realized they have to pull their weight for their team to have a chance.
Everyone has to pull their weight, on any team, for the team to have a chance.
If you don't contribute anything, you're nothing more than dead weight

nin1000

Banned
I took my past play to heart, I feel personally responsible for Darryl's death in some other game as a result of my sloppy play

For that reason alone i wont vote on you today anymore. A friend of Cabot is a friend of mine !

Unvote:Xamtheking

Sorian

Banned
Everyone has to pull their weight, on any team, for the team to have a chance.
If you don't contribute anything, you're nothing more than dead weight

Each individual is worth less on town team than scum team.

Without any neutrals, there are 13-14 town members and 3-4 scum team members, easy to see which side has a few expendables (you can view Night Vale to see this concept in action). Being scum is harder on each individual than being town, it is what it is.

nin1000

Banned

Are you both scum and trying to fake something here ? I see that play a lot !

Dont trust anyone

Sorian

Banned
Are you both scum and trying to fake something here ? I see that play a lot !

Dont trust anyone

This made me remember how clever I was putting a space before punctuation when I was faking as you that one time.

Anyway, trust has to form amongst town members for our chances to increase, it's far too early for that though. It was just phrasing to say that I don't believe what he was saying.

Darryl

Banned
I'm curious about a system of name claiming on demand. If anyone asks, you have to out it immediately. Thoughts?

Sorian

Banned
I'm curious about a system of name claiming on demand. If anyone asks, you have to out it immediately. Thoughts?

Nope, direct refusal. As Scrafty has already said, the vanilla townies in this game were just given job titles as their name (like Fighter or Black Mage) which presumably means the power roles were given real FF character names like our goddess Lightning-sama in the opening flavor.

It's scummy as fuck that you would even suggest this.

Nope, direct refusal. As Scrafty has already said, the vanilla townies in this game were just given job titles as their name (like Fighter or Black Mage) which presumably means the power roles were given real FF character names like our goddess Lightning-sama in the opening flavor.

It's scummy as fuck that you would even suggest this.
Though keep in mind, according to Lightning's example Role PM, Lightning was a Normal Townie
I might be reading too much into this though

Sorian

Banned
Though keep in mind, according to Lightning's example Role PM, Lightning was a Normal Townie
I might be reading too much into this though

Although it is a little confusing, I think Scrafty just wanted an excuse to kill Lightning since she doesn't like her. You can view the flavor text from this post:

blargonaut (1)
pop-o-matic 57

hyperactivity (2)
sorian 58
nin1000 95

sorian (3)
hyperactivity 66
darryl 68
swamped 75

terrabyte20xx (1)
zippedpinhead 120

And see that vanilla townies in this game are job names.

nin1000

Banned
Although it is a little confusing, I think Scrafty just wanted an excuse to kill Lightning since she doesn't like her. You can view the flavor text from this post:

And see that vanilla townies in this game are job names.

I see what you did there

Apologies; he quoted the right post but not the right bit of text. If you didn't have context, it would look funny, hence the screencap

Darryl

Banned
There are hundreds of fake role claims out there. I was more concerned about who would be afraid of a system that will put them on the spot. And who would seize the opportunity to loudly earn some town points.

Obviously I should have thought this through more, because I should have known you'd ruin the gambit with your loud and increasingly scummy mouth before I could be allowed a read on anyone else.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian quoted the completely wrong post from Scrafty above, so I screencapped it

Nope, not at all. Click back to the post I quoted. She put her flavor text in a quote herself so it doesn't show up when I quote. Check things out before you try being clever again.

Sorian

Banned
There are hundreds of fake role claims out there. I was more concerned about who would be afraid of a system that will put them on the spot. And who would seize the opportunity to loudly earn some town points.

Obviously I should have thought this through more, because I should have known you'd ruin the gambit with your loud and increasingly scummy mouth before I could be allowed a read on anyone else.

Yup, I'm increasingly scummy and you're full of bad ideas. We should have a buddy cop show going.

Nope, not at all. Click back to the post I quoted. She put her flavor text in a quote herself so it doesn't show up when I quote. Check things out before you try being clever again.
I posted again
But why wouldn't you just copy/paste the text that was in the quote and quote that?

Sorian

Banned

Actually no, not going to just leave this on a joke, your "gambit" was shit and could have accidently outed a PR, that's not helpful, that's you being "increasingly scummy" as you put it. Get out of here with that shit trying to make me feel bad by shutting you down.

I posted again
But why wouldn't you just copy/paste the text that was in the quote and quote that?

Meh, I hit the quote button and go, not going to waste time copying and pasting everywhere, the information was there, you just had to follow the link.

nin1000

Banned
well, Sorian made a mistake, thats nothing new, i got used to it so please no need to analyze it further. Let the boy be !

Top Bottom