• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

UltraJay

Geez guys. I come back to this after Star Wars and sleepytime? I have 8 hours of work now so I'll be back once all y'all are asleep (it'll be late night for America). Just letting you know I'm alive.

Sorian

Banned
You wasted a lot of time with anything other than this. Simultaneously complaining about how that thread of discussion is still going on even though it's being perpetuated by you, too, multiple times now. It's yelling at clouds. You deflected this, too, with a long drama post. Clearly I hit buttons. I asked you to explain yourself, I didn't ask for an unnecessary meta strategy analysis. You can't go around underlining unrelated phrases and acting like it proves something. I'm not letting you get away with it. I'm glad you did go back and read. You read into it way too much, though. It's day 1 and we have fuck all. I'm trying to create something out of nothing and you want nothing apparently.

I don't think I'm being assertive or within any shtick. I think that's being projected onto me in a self-fulfilling manner. I almost dropped out of the game when StarSketch called me trolling for no reason. I think this largely exists externally and I wish people would grow past their preconceived notions. It obviously frustrates me, if anyone saw the Werewolf game.

Christ, shouldn't have acted like a bully in the past. It's forum mafia, some of us know each other, preconceived notions are a part of the game. It's like how I'd get flak if my post count got too low.

TL21xx

Banned
Okay, caught up. Good to see some discussion, but we do need more. I'll go ahead and continue pressing the silent. Wakey wakey, StarSketch!

Vote: StarSketch

Sorian

Banned
Christ, shouldn't have acted like a bully in the past. It's forum mafia, some of us know each other, preconceived notions are a part of the game. It's like how I'd get flak if my post count got too low.

To be a little bit nicer, it's unfair to say that StarSketch had no reason, your argument was ridiculous and she called you trolly for it.

HEY!

UNVOTE: DARRYL

VOTE: ULTRAJAY

If you want to use your time wisely, I'd go after someone who is not Australian right now, grab him in some hours.

Swamped

Banned
Hmmm this is interesting. I see some amount of discussion regarding how people like Sorian, Darryl and Blarg usually play (some points regarding Sophia as well). Sort of inevitable given that this is mostly a game if veterans. Do people here have pre-conceived notions about me too? If so, what are they?

Stack is a new player, she might feel disadvantaged given our previous knowledge about each other. But that's not a bad thing. I'll be curious how she reads us by the end of this day phase. Might shed some light on certain blindspots i have.

Sorian

Banned
Hmmm this is interesting. I see some amount of discussion regarding how people like Sorian, Darryl and Blarg usually play (some points regarding Sophia as well). Sort of inevitable given that this is mostly a game if veterans. Do people here have pre-conceived notions about me too? If so, what are they?

Stack is a new player, she might feel disadvantaged given our previous knowledge about each other. But that's not a bad thing. I'll be curious how she reads us by the end of this day phase. Might shed some light on certain blindspots i have.

I'm waiting for her to make any reads honestly.

I've only played with you once, I honestly thought you were scum and you were not. I'm still re-evaluating.

I'm sorry if we played together more than once? I don't think we did. Well maybe in Gafia, but that doesn't count since I got ejected so early.

Darryl

Banned
Bruh you're reaching. Sorian doing stuff over multiple games means that it tells us nothing whatsoever. I think it's useless, and would gladly tell him that between games too so he doesn't suspect some ulterior motive for some fucking reason, but there's not much to read into it for

It is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

It is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

?

It's like if I comment on a situation using Harry Potter as an example. I was fucking scum in that game, and I'm acutely aware of how that game is playing out, people might suspect an ulterior motive where there is none.

Sorian has 0 reason to trust either of us as scum, and so might read it as scummy players only being the ones that say that. I'm saying that I would be glad to tell him the same shit when this game ends, even though again, he has 0 reason to trust that statement not having a motive either

How many players are gonna be on your alliance this time?
How many of those spots have you decided on?
Can I be in Swamped's alliance this time?

Sorian

Banned
?

It's like if I comment on a situation using Harry Potter as an example. I was fucking scum in that game, and I'm acutely aware of how that game is playing out, people might suspect an ulterior motive where there is none.

Sorian has 0 reason to trust either of us as scum, and so might read it as scummy players only being the ones that say that. I'm saying that I would be glad to tell him the same shit when this game ends, even though again, he has 0 reason to trust that statement not having a motive either

I believe he was saying that my opening post(s) are the most ridiculous things he has ever seen. Which is shocking considering we've been in multiple games together and I know he's seen worse but, you know, exaggeration.

I apologize if I'm wrong about what you find ridiculous.

Darryl

Banned
Go read your argument again, you must have been blinded while you were writing it.

It wasn't an argument. It was a gambit to stir reactions in you. Nothing in that was face-value or meant to prove anything other than to see how you would react to pressure. You did some weirdo MCU shit with months of character building for questionable payoff.

Swamped

Banned
It wasn't an argument. It was a gambit to stir reactions in you. Nothing in that was face-value or meant to prove anything other than to see how you would react to pressure. You did some weirdo MCU shit with months of character building for questionable payoff.

I have no idea why, but I'm laughing XD

Sorian

Banned

How many more gambits do you have in you? I'm dying to know. Maybe we are only halfway through phase 1 right now? Season 6 of Gafia is going to be so intense.

I hope its a vote.

HAWRjqu.gif

This isn't even a Mafia thread anymore. This is a "Blarg makes dank memes" thread. So, the usual. I know you also didn't say much day 1 of Harry Potter but c'mon man.

Vote: Blargonaut

I've been thinking about the list, who generated, and the two people who were talking that got it going, but I'm going to table that line of thought until tomorrow (because I really don't want us to eliminate an active poster)

vote: Xamtheking

Where are the antics Xam? I figured a game with you, blarg, and all the high posters would make this game crazy!
I feel personally responsible for Darryl's death back in Wereboot due to my erratic behavior D1, so I decided to tone it back a bit.

What part of when I get off mobile don't you people get

OK, So going back to the "multi game gambit" thing, I'm new, and I know Sorian does that. One of the things I learned is not to react too strongly to "Yo, Wake up" Votes, or RNG votes like Sorian does. As everyone here has said repeatedly, usually there's no need to freak out at it too hard. Darryl should know better, unless he's got something to hide....or just being aggressive darryl as I said. Who knows -shrug-

01. [F] STACKPOLEH -
A MERCENARY WITH PRINCIPLES? HOW TEDIOUS

02. [M] NIN1000 -
SCRATCHES YOUR FACE DURING A FIGHT

03. [M] TERRABYTE20XX -
BELIEVES THAT THE WORLD IS A SPECK OF INCONSEQUENTIAL DATA FACING AN UNKNOWABLE FUTURE

04. [-] DARRYL -
ENVELOPE AT MAXIMUM SAFE DISTANCE WITH OPAQUE SHEET WHILE MAINTAINING DIRECT EYE CONTACT AT ALL TIMES, ALTERNATING BLINK PATTERNS WITH NEARBY PERSONNEL

05. [F] SOPHIA -
SIGNS THE FACES OF SLEEPING PEASANTS IN ORDER TO INCREASE THEIR MONETARY VALUE

06. [M] ULTRAJAY -
ULTRA CONTEMPT FOR TRAFFIC

07. [M] POP-O-MATIC -
KEEP AWAY FROM BALLOONS

08. [M] TL21XX -
DOESN'T HAVE THE HEART TO TELL TERRABYTE20XX WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS IN STORE FOR THE WORLD

09. [-] SEATH -
SCALELESS

10. [M] SORIAN -
DELEGATES HIS WORKLOAD

11. [F] STARSKETCH -
THE MOST DIFFICULT ASPECT OF ANY WORTHWHILE ENDEAVOUR IS THE MAINTENANCE OF FAVOURABLE CONDITIONS FOR SWIFT AND JUSTIFIABLE SUCCESS

12. [M] ZIPPEDPINHEAD -
EQUIPPED TO: POP-O-MATIC

13. [M] HYPERACTIVITY -
SHAVES FACE WITH A TOWEL OF VELCRO

14. [F] SWAMPED -
MOVEMENT PENALTY

15. [M] THEAWESOMEPOSSUM -
WONDER AND/OR EXISTENTIAL DREAD IN PROGRESS

16. [M] BLARGONAUT -
THIS READS LIST IS A PALINDROME

17. [M] XAMTHEKING -
SOLVE FOR X

Attention, my dolls!

Unfortunately, one among you is unable to continue the battle due to unforseen circumstances. Sophia shall be ascended to a higher plane of existance and the soul inhabiting her body will be transferred to one LaunchpadMcQ.

That is all, my dolls. Resume your squabbling, and continue the hunt for the Warriors of Chaos.

Attention, my dolls!

Unfortunately, one among you is unable to continue the battle due to unforseen circumstances. Sophia shall be ascended to a higher plane of existance and the soul inhabiting her body will be transferred to one LaunchpadMcQ.

That is all, my dolls. Resume your squabbling, and continue the hunt for the Warriors of Chaos.

VOTE: LAUNCHPADMCQ

wniE8iA.gif

GET THE FUCK OUT

I don't even know what's going on, but my vote is going to be pretty unsurprising.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I'll catch up on the thread between tonight and tomorrow, and give some legit reads, thoughts, etc.

Top Bottom