• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - The 4th and final season - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

What is Banshee?

Banshee is a balls to the wall pulp action series that airs Friday nights on Cinemax. Easily the most brutal show on television, it's like watching a visceral live action graphic novel where people get punched, kicked, stabbed, shot, blown up, crushed, and otherwise beaten to a pulp every week. It's not all violence though - the show has a highly entertaining cast of characters consisting of Native American assassins, Amish farmers, Aryan brutes, Russian Gangsters, and an Albino cutthroat. Oh yeah, there's also quite a bit of sex. If you're into that sort of thing.

The fourth and final season will consist of 8 episodes.

The Plot

'Banshee' stars Antony Starr as Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pennsylvania, where he continues his criminal activities, even as he’s hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier.

The Cast

• Lucas Hood, an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pa., where he continues his criminal pursuits while enforcing his own code of justice.
  • Veronica Dawson, a tough, sexy and shockingly reckless FBI profiler with no shortage of personal demons.
  • Sugar Bates, a powerful and wise former boxer and ex-con who is now the owner of the local watering hole.

• Carrie Hopewell, a notorious jewel thief who lives in Banshee under an assumed identity with her family, which has recently learned of her criminal past.
  • Deva, the Hopewell’s daughter, who is rattled after learning that Lucas fathered her.
  • Job, a dangerous transvestite computer hacker who assists Lucas and Carrie in their criminal enterprises.

• Kai Proctor, an intimidating, wealthy businessman who believes he is above the law. Disowned by his Amish family, Kai has a hand in nearly all of Banshee's criminal enterprises.
  • Rebecca Bowman, who has been taken under the wing of her uncle, Kai Proctor, and is looking to assume a larger role in his criminal activities.
  • Clay Burton is the personal assistant and bodyguard for Kai Proctor.

• Kurt Bunker, a former skinhead who joins the Banshee sheriff’s department as a deputy.
  • Calvin Bunker, Kurt’s unsavory brother, who has kept his Nazi ties.
  • Maggie, wife to Calvin, the local leader of the Aryan Brotherhood. Desperately wants a better life for her and her son.

• Nina Cruz, a smart, tough, streetwise deputy for the Banshee Sheriff’s Department.
  • Brock Lotus, Lucas’ long-suffering veteran deputy.
  • Billy Raven, a Kinaho tribe member hired as a new deputy.

Videos and Links

Season 4: Trailer

Season 4: Super Trailer
Season 4: Promo
Season 4: Tease
Cast Interview – NYCC 2015

Season 1 + 2 Extended Recap

Season 1 Prequel Comic

The Great Wall O' GIFS

Season 1 OT
Season 2 OT
Season 3 OT

GHiozT7.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cinemax didn't bother to make any new Origins webisodes this year (even though they did for the previous three seasons) and they also didn't do any cool teasers, posters, or promo photos, so there's not much in the way of hype right now. :/

Based on those character descriptions this should be the worst, most cliche ridden show ever.

an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff What, seriously, HOW ?
a tough, sexy and shockingly reckless FBI profiler with no shortage of personal demons Oh, come on !
a former skinhead who joins the Banshee sheriff’s department as a deputy That sherriff's department needs better HR people
a dangerous transvestite computer hacker Of course he's a transvestite
a powerful and wise former boxer and ex-con Basically the Morgan Freeman

But instead of getting weighed down by all this the show just goes with it and rises way above what it has any rights to be.

Thanks for putting the thread together, Ratsky. Looks good!

It's been fun watching the show with everyone on GAF over the years. Here's hoping they stick the landing.

I'm not ready for this to be over.

I can't believe it's all coming to an end. No more Hood, no more Proctor, no more epic and brutal fights.

Someone hold me...

Foggy

Isn't the showrunner moving onto the Quarry series? If that's still happening then you can rest assured that it will be the heir apparent. The Quarry books are excellent.

8 episodes isn't a whole lot to wrap up neo nazis, Job rescue, and Kai Proctor so hopefully we get a super dense final season.

styl3s

That's the worst thing about this. With both this and Strike Back off the air I'm missing some sex and violence in my shows. Even Game Of Thrones and Black Sails seem to have cut down.
Every time someone mentions Strike Back i get depressed.

What does Cinemax even have once they lose Banshee? They should bring back Strike Back but run it like a anthology series every season is new characters, new setting, new story etc. that way you can do all sorts of fun stuff.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
End of an Era. That Strike Back / Banshee combo was some legendary television. I'm ready for the end tho.

KonradLaw

I'm sad it will be over soon. I was hoping it would get five seasons. Oh well. Hoping for epic finale. S1 and S3 were my favorite tv shows in their respective years, so I;m very hyped.

Hope Quarry will proudly continue the tradition of kickass Cinemax series. Plus Cinemax really needs to greenlight that John Rain series with Keanu.

Glad this show is ending since for all of its great qualities, I think it doesn't have anywhere to go long term. A nice jam packed last season should hopefully not leave room for filler.

Really, the people behind this show need to get on board the Scalped series being made for WGN America, since that comic is basically what Banshee ripped off in several of its storylines. It could be absolutely amazing done right.

KonradLaw

Glad this show is ending since for all of its great qualities, I think it doesn't have anywhere to go long term. A nice jam packed last season should hopefully not leave room for filler.

Really, the people behind this show need to get on board the Scalped series being made for WGN America, since that comic is basically what Banshee ripped off in several of its storylines. It could be absolutely amazing done right.

Well..Banshee's showrunner (Greg Yaitanes) is doing Quarry and then Red Mars adaptation. That said, the main driving force behind Scaled TV series is Doug Jung and yes, that's a Banshee veteran :)

Oh yeah, is that gaffer who used to work as an extra on the show still working on it or has he moved on to bigger and better things?

I remember he used to post set photos and had some pretty cool stories in the previous OT's.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still havent watched Season 3

Im a bad person :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom