• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banshee - The 4th and final season - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

I started this show a couple of months ago and it's fantastic. The action scenes are insane too, they put certain big budget movies to shame. Shame it's the final season, show seems to be slept on.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
One of the best shows on TV, it deserved more than 4 seasons.

Can't wait!

I'm glad the season is only 8 episodes. The other seasons all had one or two episodes too many. Eight should tighten the pacing.

ger

Neo Member
Better that we got 4 awesome seasons instead of them dragging it on for a few more and possibly turning it into shit, I think.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm glad the season is only 8 episodes. The other seasons all had one or two episodes too many. Eight should tighten the pacing.

kDWzb0a.gif

Well..Banshee's showrunner (Greg Yaitanes) is doing Quarry and then Red Mars adaptation. That said, the main driving force behind Scaled TV series is Doug Jung and yes, that's a Banshee veteran :)

Fantastic, I'm really glad to hear this. I really hope they let Scalped be all it can be. It could be a true Banshee successor if so.

xrnzaaas

Just read the synopsis for Quarry and I can't wait to see it. Hopefully it'll have a strong cast like Banshee. :)

KonradLaw

Just read the synopsis for Quarry and I can't wait to see it. Hopefully it'll have a strong cast like Banshee. :)

Yeah. The novels are just so much fun (this is where my avatar comes from btw :) ) and the talent behind the show is really good. Plus Logan Marshall Green was born to play this character. Easily my most anticipated new show this year.

I took a quick look this morning and didn't see any reviews or interviews up.

But hey, here's a behind the scenes photo from when they were shooting in New Orleans last season. (That's Chayton's stunt double in the foreground.)

m5SQPRz.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Reporting in. I wasn't able to watch Strike Back along GAF due to work, but I think I'll be here with the rest of the fanshees this time around.

- Sepinwall's review
For the most part, the new season (I've seen four of the eight episodes) is excellent. Tropper and company find new contexts for most of the characters to match their altered surroundings.
One caveat:
But in the middle of this comes a brand new kind of story for the show, and one that made me cringe not with delight at Banshee's latest impressive bit of the old ultraviolence, but with concern that Banshee had become TV's latest drama to prominently feature a serial killer.
That's an odd choice. Hope it pans out in the end.

DBT85

Literally just finished season 3 tonight so can't wait to see the start of this.

Bunker gonna be fucked up and even more pissed!

EDIT:
Woop, nice setup for the rest of the series!

holygeesus

Banned
Will this only be on Cinemax? No chance of US iTunes? Any way to legitimately watch it outside of the US? I don't mind paying for a subscription service.

Aw man, sad to see that's how the season is starting :(

Kind of a relatively tame season opener, let's see if next week ramps it up a bit.

xrnzaaas

This season didn't start at all the way I thought it would, but it's not a bad thing. Good first episode.

Yeah I didn't recognize Doakes until Carrie's session was almost over. XD

Took me a minute too. I thought the voice sounded familiar and then...SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER!

And I really, really hope there aren't any more overhead shots of the dead naked body going forward. Please, I can't take any more.

So...S.K speculation?

part of me thinks it might be Burton, his thirst for blood was further awakened after the fight with Nola? Seems too obvious though and hopefully it's not an already established character either. S.K tend to work better when we don't have any idea of their motivations or who they are/why they kill, they just do it.

KonradLaw

Somber, but great opening.
I loved how in response to the insanity of previous 3 seasons a damn small town like Banshee got huge police deparatament with indistructible windows :D But it seems obvious that Hood, despite small staff, actually had much tighter control over the city than Brock with all his resources did.

And was it me, or was that a Doll of Rebecca? Not actual actress in make up? :D

Nazi is awesome villain. Dat fantasy :D And "pureblooded americans are going hungry" when he's fricking killing native american by slowly crushing his head :D

And I was surprised when Hood spared Dalton...didn't last long though :D

Anyway, fascinting set up, changes awfully lot in the show's status quo, which for a final season is very unexpected, but excting.

Oh new lady cop is bad.... Surprised hood didn't just take her the minute he saw her and get it over with :p

Saw the bunker reveal a mile away

RS4-

Hahah man, that opening. And for a sec, I thought Bunker was with Brock's ex-wife.

Premiere made me feel like I was missing an ep or some web series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom