• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

*Splinter

So did anyone bother to figure out their suspected scum team?

I've probably gotten it purely by process of elimination:
Seath
Kyanrute
Swamped
Dragonz

But Zeke and Panda are still possible

I think these are literally your only post directly addressing OA. While he tried to talk with you while you just ignored him.
*Splinter 4:20 4/12 said:
His roleblock was the only action he had remaining. If he targeted the killer then it wouldn't matter if they targeted him or not as block almost certainly has higher priority.

I think this is pointless to talk about though. The only conclusion it leads to is Zipped = scum, at which point I pretty much give up.

So defend yourself Ocean, or at least make a case against someone else. Your earlier post asked me to do the work for you. This post just throws shit in any direction. Are you accusing me here? Zeke? Sophia?

Where was this "frustration" before your life was on the line?

*Splinter4:14 3:28pm said:
I could go on, but you all see the difference between this and my claim, right? I have 200+ posts building to my role claim. Meanwhile OA can't maintain his logic for a single post.

This is how you hunt scum.
This is what you lynch for.

[Highliht]VOTE: OceanicAir

Also that second part is laughable.
Where was this "frustration" before your life was on the line?
How can you mock someone's frustration when you yourself used frustration as an excuse? I remember you using frustration as an excuse a couple of times for Sophia and the little breakdown you had on Day 3 with the ignore thing.

After reading that and this:
But ok, message received, will commence ass-kissing for town reads o7
That apology you issued was just so I would stay off your case, you didn't mean it at all lol.

My scum list Seath/Kyan/Splinter/GP.

*Splinter

I didn't use it as an excuse. I apologised because I think my posts crossed the line. This is a game, its not ok to act like I did.

It had nothing to do with convincing anyone I was town...

I didn't use it as an excuse. I apologised because I think my posts crossed the line. This is a game, its not ok to act like I did.

It had nothing to do with convincing anyone I was town...

It was right after I called him out as to why I was having a hard time trusting him, so I figured it was directed at me.
Ahh, thought it was a response to my K thing. Ok, clears that up.

But he still admits to be ass kissing to be read as town. Who was he referring to? Or was that suppose to be a joke?

Kyanrute

So did anyone bother to figure out their suspected scum team?

I've probably gotten it purely by process of elimination:
Seath
Kyanrute
Swamped
Dragonz

But Zeke and Panda are still possible

I have started to think that I am in a bastard game where everyone left but me are scum. It must be that way, for I see no other reason behind the fact that everyone seems to suspect me.

Kyanrute

gets read as scum -> complains about being read as scum -> gets read as scum -> complains about being read as scum

how to exit this circle of eternal scumminess

halp

Kevyt

For fucks sake, I'm the only one that didn't vote OA and doesn't believe Splinter's claim of being of a town cop (especially not with a three butllet proof vest) no way. Additionally, letting Kyanrute just slide even with his vote for OA at the very last minute? But he might be a god so let's not vote for him... boo hoo.

Yet I am a lynch candidate today?

You guys realized that if we lose another townie we're pretty much done right?

But well, whatever.

Vote: Seath

Fuck me.

(especially not with a three butllet proof vest)

what.png

Gut reads while I have a moment:

Splinter: I'm still finding it hard to fully trust Splinter. Yes he has claimed cop and defended his claim quite well, but he has made some questionable decisions in this game. Then again, when you make so many posts they can't all be perfect. Town. Scum MVP otherwise.

Zeke: Has been contributing consistently all game. Almost too town, to the point that he could be scum. Town.

Sophia: Town MVP regardless of whether we win or lose.

Kyan: Gone off the rails lately. Scum.

Swamped: Haven't gotten a read off her all game. It's probably because she posts in bursts, with an inability to engage anyone. Claimed to have received part of a spell. Unsure.

Giant Panda: If he wasn't for his claim I'd think he was scum. Unsure.

Seath: See Kyan. Scum.

Blarg: Trying to help in his own Blarg way. It would be kind of cute if we weren't in lylo. Town.

Dragonz: Seems genuinely overwhelmed and busy, but I'm not sure if that's a newbie town talking, or newbie scum. Unsure.

---

Scum: Seath, Kyan
Unsure: Dragonz, Swamped, GP
Town: Splinter, Zeke, Blarg, Sophia

Sophia

gets read as scum -> complains about being read as scum -> gets read as scum -> complains about being read as scum

how to exit this circle of eternal scumminess

halp

Well, a good strategy that might help is not doing the stuff you've done this entire day phase... :p

Splinter: I'm still finding it hard to fully trust Splinter. Yes he has claimed cop and defended his claim quite well, but he has made some questionable decisions in this game. Then again, when you make so many posts they can't all be perfect. Town. Scum MVP otherwise.

I think if Seath flips scum and is actually capable of being lynched, we need to take a close look at Splinter. He's been adamantly defending against a Seath lynch, and it's going to look really damning on him if we can lynch Seath.

Sophia: Town MVP regardless of whether we win or lose.

Not hardly, I could go down a list of stupid mistakes I've made this game. =P

*Splinter

I think if Seath flips scum and is actually capable of being lynched, we need to take a close look at Splinter. He's been adamantly defending against a Seath lynch, and it's going to look really damning on him if we can lynch Seath.

To be honest I'm very aware of this. As I see it, we lynch Seath and one of the following happens:

1) Nothing, we continue as we've been going.
2) He flips scum, I get lynched the next day for "protecting" him so much, we lose.

I'm pretty sure it will be option 1, but I think by this point I've inadvertently bet the game on it.

So you can understand my concern.

Sophia

To be honest I'm very aware of this. As I see it, we lynch Seath and one of the following happens:

2) He flips scum, I get lynched the next day for "protecting" him so much, we lose.

I'm pretty sure it will be option 1, but I think by this point I've inadvertently bet the game on it.

Look at it this way, if #1 happens, you're not on the chopping block: Kyanrute is

And while I don't think it'll happen, if by some crazy odds Seath flips town, we look at Ezekel

Look at it this way, if #1 happens, you're not on the chopping block: Kyanrute is

And while I don't think it'll happen, if by some crazy odds Seath flips town, we look at Ezekel

We lose if he is town.

Honestly if it's 2. Would look at GP B4 you. While you've been adamant against a seath lynch. He played a part in us not having confirmation on Seath.

seath (5)
gorlak 1902
sophia 1985 (2038)
blargonaut 1986
wherearemahdragonz 1987
ezekelrage 2108 (2167)
giant panda 2147
seath 2163 (2174)
kyanrute 2176

sophia (1)
el topo 1903

lone_prodigy (1)
oceanicair 1904

blargonaut (3)
retromg 1905
thegoddamn 1909
robotninjahornets 1910

swamped (2)
royal_flush 1906
roytheone 1908

ezekelrage (1)
crimsonfist 1907

*splinter (1)
cabot 1911
seath 2024 (2088)

kyanrute (1)
sophia 1916 (1920)
giant panda 2083 (2147)
kyanrute 2087 (2176)
seath 2174

The day ends in:

The deadline for the bets is in:
[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is happening

My scum list is Kyan, Seath, Swamped. I keep going back and forth on Splinter so I'm hesitant to put him in the definite column just yet.

Right now, Sophia is waiting for Swamped's promised big post before we can continue with the day.
shaq2.png

Only scum readlist we missing is blarg I think?

Sophia

Right now, Sophia is waiting for Swamped's promised big post before we can continue with the day.
shaq2.png

Only scum readlist we missing is blarg I think?

I don't intend to give her forever, that's for sure. But I want to hear her defend Splinter and argue for you being scum just to make sure I'm not missing anything important.

I hate to do this as I really try to avoid bringing up IRL stuff ingame; I'm super-sorry about not being around the past day but there's been a personal emergency involving having to fly back to my home country (yep, #OnAPlane), and this is a heads-up that I might not be able to be around as often anymore (possibly for a while, and this will affect my being in the FF PbP game for now as well) until I get good access to internet again. My apologies, everyone ;_;

Royal_Flush & YNNY, if I'm inactive for too long here and it becomes unfair, please kindly replace me.

That being said, I'm at the airport right now, and I'll try my best to, ugh, contribute, until I head off into intermittent crappy connection land for who knows how long...

Swamped

Banned
omg my body aches. I've been listening to technical presentations all day, and then had to schmooze and booze (ugh, "networking"). But I'm back now!

I don't have any irrefutable evidence that Zeke is scum. More that I'm getting that sense from his behavior and that he has to be scum if I believe Splinter and GP. I do believe Splinter because

(1) he claimed town investigator. Sure, it was a very unorthodox type of investigator (checking posts instead of people). Then again, a lot of the roles in this game are it seems. Additionally, this type of ambiguous investigator role coupled with Darryl's essentially role-cop role feels like it makes sense. It could be argued that it is pretty OP with the addition of the Komena dictate. BUT "targets" as a scum power is pretty powerful too, and though we don't have direct evidence of "Absorb", it sounds strong too (and these two powers are confirmed scum powers given that nobody claimed them, but all the remaining players have claimed roles).

(2) If he is the real owner of the "targets" or "absorb" I don't see how the fake investigator role fits in. Generally scum try to fakeclaim a power that is close to their original to avoid people counterclaiming.

So yeah, I know Splinter is being kind of sarcastic and pinchy, but I think he's town. Sophia I know you have other reasoning for thinking Splinter might be scum, but don't let his sense of humor cloud your judgement.

---

Btw it's interesting to note that both Seath and Kyan are playing like they have given up. If they're both scum shouldn't one be busing the other? They have indeed voted for each other, but it feels so playful. Like they're trying to confuse us.

Also: Splinter seems very against a Seath lynch. I don't really agree with this though. If he's a god we are in lylo tomorrow, at least we get another chance. There are only two reasons we should NOT vote for Seath:

(1) It becomes evident that another player is 100% scum (I guess Kyan applies here, but there's no way we can kyanch him with the random votes. Of course this assumes that all the mafia are online at the same time though lol).

(2) It becomes evident that Seath is irrefutably town.

---

More to come.

Swamped

Banned
The reasons I am pushing Zeke is that he is the only other one of my scum candidates with a vote on him. Additionally, you'll need to consider this for tomorrow's mylo. Imo not much has been said about Zeke throughout the game. To my knowledge nobody has even voted for him! He must be scum, but he has played an amazing game all the way. Again, I don't have any earth-shattering proof, just things here and there that made me think twice.

Since I believe Splinter at this point, Zeke has to be scum. That's how the numbers work if there are 4 scum (Seath, Kyan, Zeke. Last would be between GP and Dragonz, still leaning Dragonz because of that Seath vote on D4 that came right after Blarg's).

(1) A point Sophia brought up recently. Kyan (who definitely brought Pepsi to the Party) always avoids Zeke in his scum reads, and usually town reads him more than other players. Possibly because Zeke is scum doing well. Right now there are several confirmed players, and several confirmed roles. And yet he seems hesitant to attack Zeke

(2) I don't think he ever sent out a secret message when we had the chance last day phase. This is not really a huge red flag, but I think scum would be more reticent about sending messages. Townies didn't really gain a whole lot, but wouldn't have lost anything by doing it either.

(3) I feel like throughout the game he has gone for the easy targets. First SS (well she was neutral so it's ok I guess) but also Gorlak. I guess I'm biased because I felt Gorlak was town from fairly early on. By 'easy' I don't just mean easy lynches. Gorlak has that sort of pugnacious personality, and scum can fake being active by going after players like him. Splinter is the same way, and Zeke has gone after him too at various points in the game. I don't think Splinter and Zeke are on the same team, especially given that they've had some fairly heated interactions that I don't think could have been faked.

(4)

Kyan - Seems town one moment, then scummy the next. Didn't really like the interaction he had with Seath(?) ysterday, but you also had an interaction I didn't like with him.

Seath - Either god or pretending to be. Question, what if Seath is scum, but not god, wanting us to waste a lynch on Peri(At this point LP has to be Kome?)

This is from D4. Now that I'm sure Kyan is scum, Zeke's read of him feels very non-committal. This is exactly how one scum partner talks about another in a reads list. His Seath read is also not really a read at all. But he does later talk about why Seath must be scum, so that's ok in my book.

Honest mistake or scum slip Splint? :/

Man, it was so obvious that when Splinter said "Komena" he meant P instead. Why even bring attention to that, it was so obvious. Scum would be super careful about using the right words. Again, Zeke poking at tiny things - in an effort to seem active.

(5) His interactions with Sophia

Looks like I'm gonna need Sophia to decipher your posts.

Least some fun will be had from watching you do this. Enjoyed watching you do it in the WWE spec thread.

Yea, so the spell thing could be true. It was one of the things Seath tripped up in his Peri claim. What if that is what Seath is trying to bait out?

The above are just some examples from D4. I haven't seen him ever question Sophia. Even though she is confirmed town that doesn't mean she is all-knowing. He always seems to play up her points and encourage her. This is interesting because he always seemed to butt heads with the other super active players like Splinter and Gorlak. Sophia is definitely an active player too though, and I certainly haven't agreed with everything she has said. This is pretty subtle, but that's what I read from it. Again, I only read this game in burst so if I badly misunderstood these interactions lmk.

One point against the above - Zeke ended up voting OA D4, even though Sophia had mentioned she didn't feel good about it any more. So that's in Zeke's favor. He stuck to his guns.

---

Zeke I know there isn't much here that you can directly refute. But I just wanted to let you know how I felt about you.

If there's more I'll talk about it tomorrow. But I have to wake up super early again tomorrow ugggghhhhh

Sophia

I'm too tired to really think this out too much right now, and I'm heading off to bed soon. That being said, you do make some good points and I'm rather impressed.

The theory that's been floating in my head is that between Seath and Kyan one of them was likely to be the scum God and the other a regular scum... but now that you mentioned it, what if someone was trying to bus Seath/Kyan...? It is rather unusual that they've given up so easily.

Can't believe I've been waiting all day for this.
martin3.png

1. Sophia ended up questioning me because of Kyan saying I was scum. So "always avoids Zeke and town reads him" is wrong right off the bat.
2. I don't think I was the only one that didnt send a msg.
3. I didn't go after SS. Gorlak wasnt an "easy target".
4. Can't really say nething about the Kyan/Seath thing. I give shitty reads if I haven't been searching thru the posts of a particular person. I ready everything but some stuff gets lost due to the tunnel. The post with splinter was meant to be a joke, I meant to put the :p one. Also i dont need to seem active because I am active.
5. You weren't in teh WWE spec thread so you wouldn't know what I was referring to. That last quote is a definite reach. Yea you are badly misunderstanding those interactions. I have no reason to question a confirmed townie. Also your examples of butt heads isnt fair either. They were suspects. I haven't "butt heads" with anyone else in this game. I don't think me and Gor butted heads, just went back and forth about his actions.

Top Bottom